Kid reviews for The Parent Trap

The Parent Trap Poster Image

sui

very good 4+

2 people found this helpful.

Best movie ever!

This is such a great movie! There is a bit of drinking and smoking and swearing, but most good movies have it. Hallie has such a nice hair cut I really want it! Great role models and I love the pranking at the end! It is available on Disney+ and I am so glad I watched it! It is a bit scary when Annie gets her ears pierced, I closed my eyes.

2 people found this helpful.

1 person found this helpful.
As a 13 year old I think its 10+ Its a very "funny" movie I think kids 10 and up will really enjoy this movie although It does have alot of kissing but if you or your child is mature enough then go ahead :)

1 person found this helpful.

OK, but bad message for kids

As a child with divorced parents, I think it has a bad message for other kids whose parents are divorced, because instead of the girls facing the fact that their parents are divorced and stuff, and that it's OK, and that they can visit each other every week and go to camp together or something, the parents get back together, which very rarely happens when parents get divorced. It makes kids with divorced parents think that they can get their parents back together, which barely ever happens. Parents split because they're not happy together, the movie should have them come to terms with their parents being divorced, not with them getting back together. If it's being shown to a kid with divorced parents, the kid should be old enough to understand that their parents aren't happy together and aren't gong to get back together. Also, the stepmother being evil is also a bad message for kids. The dad was engaged and happy with his new fiancé and they just made her leave so that he can get back together with the mom! It's a really bad message. Kids watching this should be mature enough to understand that things in real life do not work like they do in this movie.
1 person found this helpful.

One of my favorite movies, a must-see!

This is one of my favorite movies, I think it's really hilarious and fun. Parents should know that this movie covers the subject of divorce and twins are separated as babies. This movie should be watched between the ages of 9 and 14, as younger kids may be confused and older kids may find it a bit boring. It's a must-see, especially for tweens!

Great family movie!

Love this movie! Sex: 1/5- they very briefly talk about sex but it will go over kids’ heads. There is also making out for no more than a few seconds. Swearing: 0/5 Consumerism: 1/5 - the characters do go shopping but they don’t have any obsessions & one character is very vain. Violence: 1/5 - not really anything. The two characters are fencing and one falls into a pool of water. Another character has a pranked pulled on her and wakes up in the middle of the ocean and has a reptile placed in her drink (which she swallows). Drinking/drugs/smoking: 2/5- the grandfather smokes a pipe and one character gets a little tipsy. Overall, great movie! The moral of the story is great and the characters are so likeable!

Family Classic Forever!

There is innapropriate content for children. Annie had to jump naked into a lake (you can't see it) , and the girlfriend unbuttoned the dad's shirt. Hallie and Annie also gamble at the camp. Parents should know this movie talks about divorce and the twins pull pranks on their stepmother to get her to leave their dad. This movie is great for families to watch together!

Innapropriate for a kids movie

I like it. Super interesting. The problem is that there is innapropriate content for younger children. There is talk about sex, a girl had to jump naked into a lake (didnt show though), and the dad was touching his girlfriend's butt. It is not suitable for younger kids and will make them feel uncomfortable. Fun movie but innapropriate stuff.