Parent reviews for The Silence of the Lambs

The Silence of the Lambs Poster Image

Iconic Horror flick that is too disturbing for kids

This film is an iconic horror film that is still scary even today. It's not so much in your face scary as it is disturbing. I didn't rate it 17 plus for violence because there are only a few very violent scenes and almost no language. I rated it 17 plus because the story is just so disturbing and complex. It's not as disturbing as Saw or the Human Centipede, but it still does have a certain scariness to it in the sense that this could actually happen in the real world, and many things like it have happened. Wait until your child is at Least 16 if not 17 to watch it, and definitely don't watch it with mom.

must watch

this movie to me is one of those that gave me the more uneasy feeling but that’s what i believe in what makes a good scary movie. be careful who you watch it though because it may be too scary for them . it kinda left my mom terrified to even hear the title of the movie lol! i personally loved it though . a classic and has great factors for wanting a scary thriller movie. This movie does include nudity and a ‘solo’ sexual scene with a man so keep in mind.

Disturbing but well acted

This movie is gruesome and not at all suitable for kids or for adults for that matter. However, Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins work absolute acting genius in this film. The incredible talent on display is it's one redeeming quality.

1 person found this helpful.
This movie has a few gory scenes and it contains pictures of murdered victims without their skin. The plot is interesting and Hopkins is an excellent actor ( his character looks extremely dangerous and smart) Enjoy!!!

Classic movie

I made this account just to respond to a review that called this movie transphobic. It is not, in any way. The main villan is not transgender! They even say that "transgender people are often very passive" and not violent. The villian hates himself, so he thinks this makes him transgender. It does not, as stated very clearly in the movie. There's much more horrific movies out there, but I think that this movie is better appreciated by adults. There's not much violence compared to many other movies. It's more psychologically scary than anything else.

GREAT

Violence 5/5 Sex 4/5 Language 5/5 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 3/5

Good Movie

The movie is great, but a little bit of swearing, serial killers, quite spooky, but nothing a mature 13 year old couldn't handle.