Kid reviews for The Silence of the Lambs

The Silence of the Lambs Poster Image

Great movie but heavy

This is my favorite movie! The acting and visuals are phenomenal. This is a film that aged incredibly well. But it’s a very heavy movie. Starting off with the sexual element, semen is flung at Clarice Starling (the protagonist) by a prisoner. And we see full frontal nudity from Buffalo Bill, the main villain. You can see just about everything but his genitals are tucked back so you can’t see them. There are some brief references to sex (things like f*** me, would you f*** him, nothing too bad). And you see the butt of a dead woman in one scene very briefly. The violence is way more prevalent than the sexual aspect. More than most popular horror movies. Multiple decaying bodies shown, a man shown with his intestines torn out, Hannibal wearing a man’s face, Buffalo Bill graphically shot in the chest. What isn’t shown but talked about is disturbing as well. Hannibal is a cannibal and Bill wears women so there’s much graphic talk about that during the investigation. And we see Hannibal eat a man’s face but it’s not horribly graphic. Buffalo Bill’s intentions are unique to most horror movies and quite terrifying as well. Buffalo Bill’s suit made of women’s skin is briefly shown and that he keeps a young woman in an oubliette. He refers to the woman as ‘it’ as well. The audience is aware that he’s starving this woman to wear her skin but her torture isn’t shown. This is a movie for someone who’s intelligent and can process the complex themes. This film is often mistaken as transphobic but Buffalo Bill isn’t trans. He’s rather mentally ill and making an attempt to be closer to his mother (stated in the book) by wearing women’s skin. It’s a great movie but you have to be smart to get it and stomach it. You

2 people found this helpful.

Not as bad as people say

This movie is not as scary as everyone is saying it is. There are only a few blood scenes and you can tell they are fake. I think this movie is ok for kids 13+

Great story, a little inappropriate 14+

Is was the best movie you can watch. It contains little contents of actual violence n scene (apart from ripping open a guard), and most of it is just investigating. The real horror comes from the thinking and phycology. It is a thriller that hooks you easily. Little content of cuss words are used, however, there are lots of inappropriate scenes with skinned and naked women. I would say this movie is among my favorite. Other inappropriate scenes may include half decayed corpses and ripping open people. This movie is 5 starred GREAT.

awesome movie :))

The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies, and I think it's awesome! It should probably be at least 15+ though, because of the swearing and gore, such as a character's stomach being ripped open and people without their skin.

Great movie, Dark topic

A great movie overall, it has some amazing scenes and outstanding acting. May be too violent and scary for younger viewers as it has some dark topics. Would recommend though. 10/10

Great movie, Dark topic

Not as scary as people say

A great movie but can be scary for little ones. The movie isn't really that scary but more of a thriller. In which it is a thriller, I guess.

Incredible!

Just Wow! What a masterpiece! Is mildy gory but is a true psychological horror!