Kid reviews for The Sound of Music

The Sound of Music Poster Image

There is extreme graphic violence in this film. It is traumatising to people of all ages, particularly kids and teens. Your time is worth more than this. DO NOT WATCH!

3 hours of my life lost.

This film sucked. It didn’t make sense to me a lot of the time, the nazis might be a big mud for 6 year olds. When I saw the nazi symbol it scared me, I don’t think a 6 year old will realise just how brutal they were.

annoying

this is not a good musical because it has some violence and I am afraid of this movie but my mom loves it though the scary parts I don't like are most scenes but the most violence scene is "When The Dog Bites, When The Bee Stings- The Sound Of Music" and that sacred me the most about the sound of music

When I say 2+ I mean 2-8 years old

Don't watch this movie with kids more than eight because they will hate it. It's sometimes good for small children but that's all. It's a terrible movie. If you're an adult and your watching it for nostalgia, that's fine, you do you, just don't force a kid to watch it
not rated for age

Truthfully, I lost six brain cells watching this.

It was an assingment that I had to watch for class, but I have watched it before and I can say, this is BORING! I don't learn anything from it, except that there was a crazy singing family. I know there is supposed to be an educational value in this movie related to the Nazis time period, but it is so boring to even learn about that interesting stuff in this musical... I didn't like it at all. I think I was falling asleep! Not think... know.
not rated for age
1 person found this helpful.

This film is nearly three hours long, but it’s a good one anyway.

The Sound Of Music is an amazing film starring the carefree Maria Von Trapp who wants to take care of seven children Liesl aged 16, who wanted to taste champagne but in America people have to be 21 to drink alcohol, Austria’s rules are a lot different, Liesl even wanted to marry a 17 year old man named Rolf Gruber who thinks he’s older and wiser telling her what to do, I mean 17 and 16 are very close numbers! Friedrich aged 14, joined the evil people at a young age and never was a kid of the Von Trapp family, Louisa is 13 years old, Kurt is 11, (He’s the kid that Maria forgotten while praying to God one night), Birgitta is a 10 year old girl, Marta is 7 years old, and the youngest kid, Gretl is 5. Captain Von Trapp by the way RIP Christopher Plummer (1929-2021) who played the handsome character is a little stern and blows a whistle to get his kids’ attention. But really after his adventures being an actual captain in the Austrian Army he sang a beautiful song called Edelweiss (which was sung by Bill Lee instead of Christopher Plummer) to his children and an awed Maria, the song had a reprise when the Von Trapps were at a concert singing Edelweiss and Do-Re-Mi and won first prize. The Baroness kicks out Maria from a fancy party and the nuns are a little snarky and they even sing a sing named after Maria Von Trapp (Simply called Maria) I would prefer the movie to be a tad but shorter like around 2 hours and 20 minutes long (Like Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and not 2 hours and 55 minutes long. Some scenes with the evil European army with that ugly flag could scare kids. Anyway, I’d recommend this movie for kids and adults at heart who love musicals and Julie Andrews (Before she lost her beloved singing voice at age 62 in 1997, P.S. she’s still alive at 87 and is still acting and voice acting with a 75 year career) Anyway, My Favorite Things and Maria are my favorite songs from the movie. Those kiddos 6 and up will enjoy this long but beautiful film from the late 1960’s

watch for romance and dark convents

The Sound of Music 1965 does have some great actors. I like this movie mostly because of its scenery and its music. My favorite song of the movie is Do-Re-Me. This movie is long but better than Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and has better messages on love. My favorite kid actor/actors is/are Brigitta and Louisa. I'd recommend this movie to teenagers and up who understand the complexities of love and Friendship.

One of my reigning favorites

Honestly this is one of the greatest movies I have seen. I just recently saw the second part, and make sure your kids know about WWII and are ocmfortable with the Nazi Reich if you want to finish the last part of the movie.