All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Parent of a 2 and 17 year old Written byHuman November 19, 2009

Terrible movie

Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 January 30, 2011

Very stupid movie

this movie sucked so much first of all the charechters are a bunch of whiney teens ( especially the crazy obsessed Bella) the acting is bad the story well here i'll tell you the story Bella turned 18 and what did she do whine because she is older than edward then after the b-day party which she whined about edward said he was moving and bella goes into this deppression for half the book whining and bitching about edward not being there, i felt like slaping her, then jacob some guy she knew when she was a kid wants to date her and she has fellings for him and then it becomes a love triangle... serioulsy the series is to over hyped the 3 main charecters are annoying, unheathly obsessed and do stupid ass things that dont even make sense... its sad that this became popular

Parent of a 17 year old Written byhhhh2010 March 17, 2010

very good

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bygailnmorrison@y... November 20, 2009

So So So So So So So So much better done than Twilight - stuck to the book plot this time - production values made such a difference. My only concern for teens getting involved in this series is that it may encourage them to take romance too seriously at such a young age. I know many teens take it seriously anyway, but this just adds support to the idea that that's the norm. I would not let my teen see the movie without discussing that aspect with her.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byDad review September 4, 2010

A teachable moment courtesy of Twilight: New Moon

I watched the movie by myself on a Friday night. I made the decision that it was okay for MY 9-year-old daughter. My advice is to preview any movie you're unsure of yourself. What is okay for MY 9-year-old might not be okay for yours, and vice-versa. To me, it's just part of being "Dad."

On the way home from the theatre the next night, I had an awesome opportunity to point out a positive message of the movie.

For the purposes of our discussion we agreed that in this movie there are certian facts:
1. Vampires kill and eat humans.
2. Werewolves kill vampires to protect humans.
3. The Cullens are a family of vampires.
4. The Cullens do NOT kill and eat humans.

The language that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" uses paints the Cullens with a wide brush. The general theme is along the lines of "It's only a matter of time until one of them loses control and kills Bella; there no such thing as a good vampire; they're all the same; know one vampire, and you know them all."

I used this opportunity to teach my daughter that stereotyping ANY group is wrong, and that good and bad indiviuals are present in any group.

The Cullens are vampires. They do not kill humans. Not all vampires are the same. After agreeing that the author knows there is no such thing as vampires, I asked my daughter what she thought the author was trying to say.

All vampires are not the same. Now substitue any group for "vampires" in that sentence.

Not all Irish people are the same.
Not all African Americans are the same.
Not all Italians are the same.
Not all Asians are the same.
Not all Jews are the same.
Not all Muslims are the same.
Not all hispanics are the same.

I could go on, but I think I made my point. We talked about the lesson to be learned is to not pre-judge, to avoid stereotyping, and to take everyone we meet as an individual person-- not part of a generalized whole.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 5, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon is another good movie for your teens to watch the only problem that the movie has is the intense violence.

Adult Written bygabbygirlcuccaro July 1, 2010

drama filled movie!

Personally I love the twilght saga,but this is not the best movie out of the series.Some parts of the movie where very fake looking, but I know the new director will do a better job on the next movie.

Educator and Parent Written byfreaky lady June 16, 2010

love it

Parent Written byMKNoelani June 12, 2010

Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bysangefraier April 8, 2010

ok for kids

My step son is 9 and he loves the twilight saga. The only one that concerns me is Breaking Dawn actually. We're super strict about what he watches (no violence, no sex, no sensuality, no nudity) but these movies are pretty tame. Sure every now and then he has to close his eyes but these movies are less violence than eragon... which was PG

Adult Written byTy3401 March 3, 2010

This movie must be a comedy! Because there is no way that people could even begin to immerse themselves in this movie without be completely fake and false about themselves. The only talent in this movie is Rob Pattenson (or however you spell his name) and the talent is wasted. ATTN PARENTS: if you want your teenage daughter to believe in romance and love have them watch Sleeping Beauty; because this movie will teach your little girls to be obsessed with a guy and even if he doesn't want to be with you its okay to push and push the envelope of romance whilst playing every other guy in sight. The reason why is said it is good only for kids 17+ is because someone that is an adult might understand how fake this movie is, and the bad role models that are potrayed.

Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Once again, a waste of money and acting talent. These Twilight movies are nothing but the same romantic undead love with violence. I still see no point.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bychildrensrock February 24, 2010

new moon, for girls 11+

my "little" 12 years old girl LOVES it!! the only thing that i "hate" about this movie is that she loves it so much, and she keeps on talking about the movie FIVE stars!

Parent of a 11 year old Written bycorneater January 22, 2010

It is a good movie for the teen generation. The werewolves and vampires are creative idea of a battle to who Bella will luv. Some uneducational behavior is shoe in the movie such as Bella making unintelligent decisions to see Edward in her mind. The movie was well grasping and entertaining in even parts. Pretty good overall.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byerinmort December 16, 2009

New Moon The Clip Notes

I am a big fan of the books and was expecting a lot more from the movie. i was very disappointed. the main plot of the book was in there but not much more. it was like they pieced together the most vital, to the story, parts of the book just to hurry up and get it done and out.
also most of the movie is spent spinning, literally, it almost made me sick.
in my opinion the movie should be called "New Moon The Clip Notes." will not be paying to see eclipse at the theater. i'll wait and rent it.

Adult Written by4Spice December 12, 2009

good movie worth watching 12 and over

very good movie better then i expected i really how jacob played more violence then twilight and alot more intense worth watching 12 and over

Parent of a 2 year old Written byCannapeas December 7, 2009

Pretty good movie over all. I think some of the kisses and the many shirtless boys might make it a bit inappropriate for kids under 12.

Adult Written bynerdstotallyrock December 5, 2009

I love this movie!!!!! This is the best movie ever!!! Team Jacob all the way!!!!!

Adult Written by_momo_ December 3, 2009

Uh-mazingg

I loved the movie and book. It does leave out some of the book but makes up for it in action.

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bystarasia November 28, 2009

If your tween read the book, then okay!

If you read the books, then you have to go. It was a perfect adaptation.