All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Teen, 17 years old Written byconfetti13 March 17, 2010

Only good for a child who is mature for their age

I really enjoyed watching this movie, and I think that kids 10+ could handle it. If your child hasn't seen couple's kissing or shirtless boys/men before this may not be for them. But, I think that most kids can handle it. Besides, most younger kids would not grasp the unhealthy relationship Bella and Edward have.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byJindwen May 18, 2010

Use caution...not appropriate for young girls!!!

These movies are SO not appropriate for young girls. When the first movie came out, we took our daughter and she 12. All Bella did the entire movie was LUST over Edward! They longed for the kiss in the end of the movie. Now, the second movie, we get to hear Edward and Bella moan every time they kiss. And don't forget about Jacob. Now all they do is flirt with each other. What message are we sending young girls? We need to keep our kids young...not forcing them to grow up so quickly. They'll have plenty of years to be grown ups. Lastly, this is supposed to be a vampire movie...not a romance.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUryjah March 23, 2010

I LOVE the Twilight series. Books and movies!
Personally, I'd say that the movies are better than the books, because they do less cursing.
In the first Twilight movie, there is only one scene of profanity. Only one exclamation of "What the h***."
But this one has more exclamation of it plus remarks that include: Da**it, What the h*** and Oh my God.
There's only one use of the d-word, but frequent uses of What the h***. But still, the movie is far more mild than the book.

Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

Fine for the kids, nothing overly violent.

I loved the whole saga and my kids do too. They distinguish this all from reality just fine and it has made them less afraid of monsters I think! New Moon was great...I will let them watch Eclipse too, but will hold off on Breaking Dawn til they are a teen if it plays out like the book.

Kid, 11 years old Written byredheadgirl July 20, 2010

TL

TAYLOR LAUTNER/THE GUY WHO PLAYS JACOB IS HAWT!

Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 24, 2010

Twilight

Let's add this up

Bad GQ Model actors
Stupid storyline
Corny scenes

and BOOM twilight magically appears

Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn November 26, 2009

Freaking amazing! The end.

Kid, 12 years old Written bybluekangaroo13 December 21, 2010

Plainly Stupid

This movie is an insult to werewolfs and vampires everywhere!! Plus it's stupid!!! I watched this at a sleepover and it did NOT keep my attention at all. If Jacob and the other wolfs had eaten Bella, Edward and a bunch of other people it would be worth watching. The actors are idiotic and Rob P. is the ugliest man in the world, he's uglier than Justin Bieber!!!! This movies so stupid I just forgot to give it a star rating, and the website had to remind me to, but honestly, I wish I didn't have to even give it any stars!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byiloveigs October 1, 2010

ok

it is a ok movie not better then the first one

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 23, 2010

Bad movie for young girls, fine for teens who love drama.

I have not seen this movie, but after seeing the first two, if your child is under the age of 12, then your child probably has no business watching this movie (preferrably older for girls). These movies has this teenage girl moody and throwing everything in her life (including her life) away for a boy. Not the type of role model I want for my three girls. This girl doesn't care that this boy has killed people, for example. Not good. This movie has no positive role models for girls, and it glorifies girls and women giving up everything to go ga ga for a boy/man. Not to mention the scary parts of the movie. I know moms who let their 6 year olds watch this movie, and while it is their decision, I respectfully disagree. Our kids will not watch these movies until much older, if at all.

Parent of a 13 year old Written bytwzzlrgirl November 22, 2009

Ugh...2 hours of my life I will never get back.

First, let me say, as an adult, I hated this movie. Long, insipid, depressing -- the dialogue is painful and the acting is worse. It was difficult for me to sit through the entire flick. Second, I would never recommend this movie to tween girls. When Bella, in a state of extreme upset, decides to hop on the motorcycle of a stranger outside of a bar (in the hopes of re-creating the perilous situation from the first movie that brought Edward to her when she was in town dress shopping), I was appalled. Who's depiction of love is this???? Oh, that's right: Mormon, Stephenie Meyers, who thinks everything is ok and fair game as long as you hold on to your virginity until marriage.

Not for anyone under the age of 15, or older than 25.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRosenrott June 4, 2010

How could anyone like this?

This movie is just... terrible. Bella acts absolutely crazy, to the point where me and my family were discussing how the only way this movie could be even remotely watchable was if Bella was /supposed/ to be mentally insane. The relationship between Bella and Edward isn't healthy. It's dysfunctional and just plain unpleasant to watch. Do fellow teenage girls really think that being so clingy and absolutely obsessed over someone to the point where you spiral into an uncontrollable depression and can't even live the moment something goes wrong or things get difficult is part of a good relationship? Really? How does anyone find this appealing? Me and my family almost couldn't manage watching it to the end.

Teen, 14 years old Written byandrewsad1 June 4, 2010

Terrible. Do not waste your money.

Kid, 11 years old Written byfirewolf December 6, 2009

It was okay but I enjoyed the book way way better

Teen, 14 years old Written byCornpop157 June 7, 2010

worst

sucky story line. Basically only about a desprate, clingy girl in a abusive relationship with a vampire. A bad vampire who *Sparkles* Real vampires don't sparkle. Don't watch this or read the books

Teen, 14 years old Written byskwished3 January 5, 2011

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible! So boring! Kiss me Bella! Kiss me! Love me! Love ME Bella! I mean boring boring boring boring! Action: :( Boo!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMurdockFace June 11, 2010

No one should waste their time

Peice of crap

Kid, 12 years old Written byxBVBxARMYx January 3, 2011

Very good.

Let me just start it out with...I AM ONE OF THE HUGEST TWIFANS IN THE USA!!!!!But, when I saw New Moon, I was honestly a little dissappointed. The end was the worst, nothing like the end in the book. Believe me, i have read the books AT LEAST 10 times each. He ends off with MArry me and she gasps and then credits. very stupid ending. However, once I got the DVD, I read over the book again, It was pretty good. Definitly not the best Twilight, but it was good. Bella is VERY depressed like state for the majority of the movie. She hops onto a bike with a random biker, she jumps off of a cliff, she completley trashes her socal life. But in the end she shows courage, strength, dedication. THe obssesiveness towards Edward is very intense, but, not bad. All in all, dont let kids under 8 see it, it is still a little violent. Happy Twilighting!

Kid, 12 years old Written byKinbJune June 6, 2010

The Sucky New Moon

This movie was obviously one of the worst movies I have ever laid eyes on. I watched it with my 2 older cousins because I had nothing else to do and I didn't want to sit around the house. I really should've thought twice about that because the effects were so crappy, I actually said in the middle of the movie,"That's red paint!". The actors weren't very good either considering that when Bella hit the rock at the beginning of the movie when she was driving the motorcycle, all she said was "Ow". She didn't show any emotion and that just shut me down and ticked me off. Watch this movie at your own risk, because I think you'll find yourself wasting 119 minutes of your life watching this piece of crap! This is just my first review!

Parent of a 14 year old Written byroyalblue246 June 16, 2011

the worst series in the world

this it very irritating and has a stupid plot and story line as do all the other twilight movies. none of the actors in these movies can act or do even an okay job at portraying the character they are supposed to be. the media has hyped this up just for all the smart people in the world to figure out that it is a total wast of time and money. the main character sets a terrible example showing that with out your man you are not good for any thing and you can not go on in your life, every thing is bad about this movie