All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Twilight sequel has more obsession, action, wolves.

Adult Written bymractorman November 21, 2009

OK for highschoolers, parental supervision recommended for tweens

I was generally pretty neutral about the movie. While I enjoyed it better than the first installment of the Twilight Saga, the same pitfalls from the first movie came back to haunt the second. Personally, I found the acting by Bella and Edward to be extremely poor, and the supposedly emotionally-charged moments between Bella and Edward, Bella and Jacob, and Edward and Jacob simply didn't have much oomph to them. I did tire of the audience of tween girls oohing and aahing every time Jacob took off his shirt--even showed up, and there was a lot more blood/wounds/etc. in this installment. The director also added/changed a few scenes, which I liked, but I might be biased seeing how I am a college-age guy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJessica Bates December 24, 2009

Better than Twilight--But No Less Appropriate

I love love love the twilight series, and I know you need to read the books before you watch this movie. Otherwise, Bella seems like a too-dependent girlfriend. Some plot lines are too undeveloped in the movie. However, it's a great improvement from Twilight. Also, there's almost no innapropriate scenes. Some minimal action with the Volturi, but anyone over 11 should be able to handle it. Love the series & movie!

Kid, 12 years old Written bySoccer person December 23, 2009

Great film! Nice job, director!

I absolutley loved this film! I'm not OVERLY obsessed with Twilight, but I do love it. This film definitley redeemed the first Twilight. Well done, director!

Parent of a 2 and 17 year old Written byHuman November 19, 2009

Terrible movie

Teen, 17 years old Written byPeaceLuvJonas November 16, 2009

ahhhhhhhhh this movie looks soooooooooooooo atupid the only reason i would waste my time and money on it is because taylor lautner is in it and he is a sexyyyy beast but it still looks horrible and I have read all the books

Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan September 21, 2011

This movie Sucked!

This is literally the worst movie I've ever seen. (and if you've seen "The Legend of Boggy Creek", that's kind of a surprise) There was little action and just not entertaining. I guess if your a complete Twilight fanatic then you'll enjoy this simply because of what it is, But if your just looking for something to watch, move on to something good, like "Star Wars".

Kid, 11 years old Written bydestini2041 January 11, 2010

it's good lol

It's a good movie u have to see the first one to under stand the second one and if u belief in mythical creatures u may like twilight lol

Teen, 14 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 December 28, 2009

AMAZING

OK this movie was 10 X better than twilight! New Moon is not a disappointment at ALL. I do like Twilight, so i'm a little one sided, but seriously i recommend this movie to anyone who likes: Action, Werewolves, Vampires, Taylor Lautner (lol), Rob Pattinson, or even if you just want to laugh because there are a lot more funny parts in New Moon and I personally think that the acting is just better over all. Great Movie, go and see it!

Kid, 12 years old Written byizzielizzie9 December 23, 2009

Great movie

luv dis movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byVampireNotPrincess December 11, 2009

tweens and older

It was an okay movie. There was lots of action.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymusicfan789 December 6, 2009

AMAZING worth more than 5 stars

oh my gosh this movie is amazing i luved it i mean if there was a choice higher than 5 stars i would pick it!! this is the best movie of all time!! and i am so in luv with the twilight series but i mean this was over the top it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old Written bylilmissfrankie December 4, 2009

OMG

OMG BEST MOVIE EVER IAM A TWILIGHT FANATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh ps parents it has kissing so what? alot of people do GO TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF I COULD GIVE DIS MOVIE A RATING ONE THOUSAND I WOULD

Kid, 11 years old Written byclaire_bear@me.com November 21, 2009

A kids eye-view of New Moon for children and tweens

I really enjoyed this movie. It's very good compared to Twilight (the first movie to the Twilight Saga). Although this intense romance/action movie is very captivating, it does have one or two suggestive themes for tweens and very mature themes for ages nine and younger. The heroine, Bella is depressed throughout the movie and does some very dangerous things just to make herself feel better. Also, one of the last few scenes are very scary when bad vampires try to kill Bella and her true love. A definite nightmare maker for younger children. Very fun for eleven and up. Iffy for ten year olds. Great ending. Must see it!

Kid, 10 years old Written bymydogrocks1117 November 13, 2009

Totally not worth it...

I've never been a Twilight fan. I don't know they made 4 books about the same fictitious story. It's all the same.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 18, 2013

The newest moon is decent, but not full

I found it puzzling how many people were disgusted by the first Twilight. It certainly wasn't hated by everyone, but the bad reviews were pretty bad. Several people even found it unintentionally funny because of its dialogue. I never found a problem with the dialogue or the plot; in fact, I thought it was very good. But reviews for the second film, New Moon, were worse; and honestly, I can't really blame the critics on that one very much. I mean, I still marginally enjoyed the movie, but less so than the first film. Its tone is much darker than that of the first film, focusing more on darkness and depression. This tone is somewhat enjoyable to watch, but its stuffed to the brim with ridiculousness; after Edward leaves in order to protect Bella, she starts to do dangerous things so that she can see visions of Edward telling her not to do it. The fact that she would throw herself off a cliff, smash her head into a rock, and get on a drunk's motorcycle just so she can see visions of Edward feels so outright ridiculous to me. And while I still like Kristen Steward, Robert Pattinson, and Billy Burke, I think that Taylor Lautner was overly-sentimental, flat, and at times even laughable as Jacob, even though he looked the part pretty well. But a large part of those negative traits is due to the fact that he is a terribly written character; he acts so pushy around Bella to get her to admit she loves him, which is exactly the wrong thing to do in a situation where her boyfriend is gone and she is having screaming nightmares about him. And I think the part where the characters are in Italy talking to the Volturi is dragged out and incomprehensible. Yet the film still does have its plusses; outside of the parts where she tries to kill herself to see visions of Edward, the scenes where she tries to make friends with Jacob and cope with Edward's absence felt genuine, and you can see Lautner at least trying to act supportive and caring. Like I said earlier, setting Lautner aside, the performances were good, especially Michael Sheen, who was delightfully hammy and devious as Arrow, the leader of the Volturi. The CGI for the werewolves was appropriately awesome, and the action scenes, while scarce, were delectable. In the end, it doesn't hold up as one of the series' best, but it's still decent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 November 28, 2012

I just new mooned you

HAHAHAH this movie IS HILARIOUS!!!! SO CHEESY!!!!!! Jacob's always flashing everybody XD Bella is so mortified about Edward XD And this one scene, Edward show the world his body so that the council will kil him, and he has the worst body ever! (no-hom0) it makes you wonder how he even atracts the ladies. Even i could atract ladies better than him, and i have a fat flubbery body XD stinks to be him. Anyway, this movie is for like...10 year olds and up. For all the girls, watch it so you can squeal over jacob and edward. For all the guys, watch it for a REALLY GOOD LAUGH!!!!! THIS MOVIE IS TOO HILARIOUS!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Usual PG-13 Movie

This is a violent movie for kids and tweens. It also has some bad language. It has no shortage of shirtless males. But all of that's usual for a PG-13 movie. If you don't like sappy romance movies, it's best you don't buy this movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 February 28, 2012

Amazing

Wow...they did AMAZING with this movie! Acting; superb. Filming; exquisite. Ability to follow the book; OUTRAGOUS. I am always speechless when I watch any of the the Twilight movies, they did such an amazing job with them, I could almost cry (do I need to admit that I did cry in this movie?:)). They did great with the suspense of the werewolves, the Jacob/Bella/Edward suspense. When Edward leaves Bella...Aw, honestly, can I say they did the greatest job at the saddest scene in the history of any movies?? Because they did! Okay, I'm done praising the movie (I can go on forever), so as for violence; barely any, the wolves fight and kill, vampires have fights, but barely anything is shown. Sexuality; kissing, hugging, but nothing extreme. Language; I think "h---" is said and maybe "d---" but that's about it. Anywho, why are you reading this review? GO WATCH IT! :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomeiseverwhere January 28, 2012

its awesome

i love it!! im sure it would be suitable for 12/13+ girls!sure it can get a little bit violent but it isnt too violent and without it the movie would be boring<3<3 btw robert pattinson is beautiful!

Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2012

twilight geek

i love the first second and third movies i think you will to