Kid reviews for The Usual Suspects

The Usual Suspects Poster Image

Foulmouthed corruption tale is a must-see.

The Usual Suspects

I thought this movie was ok. The acting and writing was good but the whole movie was confusing and complex to the point where I got a little mad. I don’t even know if I recommend this movie.

MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

It is amazing! there is quite a lot of language such as the F word and S word. The S word is in a lot of PG movies but they do say the F word more and there is a line up scene where they all have to read the word CO*K SUCKER which probably is not appropriate for young YOUNG people because a lot of people don't actually know what it means. There is a scene where the main character 'Verbal' is telling agent Kujan the story of the killer 'Keyser soze' and it cuts to his wife being raped by some Hungarians and murdering his children which is pretty disturbing. They also smoke a lot because it is the 90s and they talk about cocaine and stuff. There are quite a few scenes where they rob people and those are a little bit bloody but not gory. I think it is incredibly difficult to understand especially at the beginning of the movie because they go to past present and back to past and keep doing that. There is a man in a hospital with burns all-over his body which for some people might be scary, but overall I think that the best scene is at the end where the entire story changes. It is very hard to explain at the end so I highly recommend this movie for mainly adults but if you are mature enough why not go and see it. It is currently on Stan and Netflix it might not be on either of these sites by the time you read this but search it up anyway because tis is my favourite movie of all time.

Great movie, but very explicit language.

Don't show this one to kids unless they can handle a lot of cursing and "criminal" talk. Violence 7/10: Not really as violent as CSM says, until the end. Some gunfights here and there, with mild blood, but even in the intense battles at the end, nothing is really explicit. Still, the movie is still pretty violent. Sex 4/10: No sex acts that I remember, but still a lot of sexual dialogue, sometimes pretty graphic. For example, "he just fingered his ass". Language 9/10: Very graphic language, many of it is used in the first half of the movie. Around 100 uses of "f--k", a few uses of "d--k", lots of uses of "c--ksucker" and "a--hole", and many uses of "s--t". Also a good amount of slurs for the disabled. Drug use 7/10: Drugs and cigarettes are used throughout the movie, plus a plot line of the movie is that a criminal is trying to sneak drugs in a vehicle.

Amazing crime-mystery with well-drawn characters, spot-on acting, and mind-blowing plot twists.

This is a brilliant film, with an infamous character, smart script and amazing acting. A must-see for everyone above the age of 15 or 16, because of LOTS of profanity, especially the F-word and c---ks----r. There is also a lot of violence, but blood is not shown a lot.

The best movie ever made

The usual suspects is the best movie ever made (just had to get that out of the way).The violence isn’t really that bad.Other than a few deaths in the harbor shootout all the other violence is quick gun shots with minimal blood.But the language is on the same level as stepbrothers and Superbad.The Keyser soze story is quite disturbing but is shakey cam and is really bright it is hard to see any details.Finally you can’t deny the movie is about narcotics and there is several instances of drugs being talked about and seen but never used

Not to Great....

THE USUAL SUSPECTS has some violence and smoking. The biggest thing parents will need to know about is the strong coarse language.

Best Plot Twist I’ve Ever Seen.

I tingle when I watch good movies. If something happens that’s especially exciting, I tingle. It’s like I’ve got pins and needles all over. And boy did this movie make me tingle! The plot twist is far superior to classics like ‘The Sixth Sense’, and I feel like CSM’s 3 stars is totally wrong. There is considerable violence but only one scene that I’d consider graphic. Swearing is - obviously - present but if you aren’t too bothered about the occasional f**k, this movie is a definite good watch.

Really good plot

I watched it when I was seven with my father. I didn’t realize any sexual content or a lot of violence. Yes they do swear a lot but if you know your kid won’t repeat them it’s ok. You do need a little bit of patience until the plot twist. A must watch crime film.

"The Usual Suspects" movie review

"The Usual Suspects" is one of the most overlooked films of all time in my opinion. This film was absolutely spectacular. I think it is Bryan Singer's greatest film to date. This was a brilliant crime drama from the start. It was a very chilling and mysterious type of film. The ensemble cast was great and I really liked all of the performances, especially Kevin Spacey, who I believed deserved the Oscar(R) that he got. This movie is very mature and confusing. There is heavy violence and cursing throughout. It also really tries to get the audience to think throughout. The twist at the end was handled perfectly, and I loved it. The screenplay is one of the best ever written in the history of film. Roger Ebert rated this movie a 1.5/4. I have no idea what he was thinking since everything in the film makes sense and flows perfectly. I think this absolutely deserves a 4/4. It is one of the greatest films of the 1990s and it is my favorite film released in 1995. Like "Pulp Fiction" this movie was set up brilliantly. The cinematography was excellent. The wide shots were filmed perfectly. I really recommend this film to moviegoers who want to think. This is not a movie to watch if you just want to have a good time.