Kid reviews for The Village

The Village Poster Image

I loved it (spoiler-free review)

I loved this film. I felt slightly disoriented after watching this film, which means it's really good. The plot was super engaging and I loved the ending. This was my first M. Night Shyamalan film, and it was a great introduction and gets my hopes up for some of his other titles like Signs and The Sixth Sense. There was no sex, but there is some romance between characters like confession of feelings. The reason I put the age rating is so high, is because it is intense and pretty scary. I handled it fine, but if I were to watch this 2 years ago, I probably would've not been able to fall asleep. The monsters that live in the forest, (the primary antagonists) are very scary. Very tall and lots of spiky bones/teeth protruding from their bodies, with red cloaks. They look and are portrayed menacingly looking. Be cautious with young kids, however if you're one of those horror-buff families that have raised your kids on horror movies and built up their fear tolerance, I would say this movie would be good for even a 9 year old. Also a man was stabbed.

2 people found this helpful.

Bone-chilling movie will leave you on the edge of your seat!

There is blood, people do get killed, creatures are scary but not very realistic, important messages in the end. It's a must see!

1 person found this helpful.

This movie is amazing!!!!

This movie is crazy- but amazing. It is a psychological thriller, but I would say that the ending was the thing that really made it a thriller. VIOLENCE- Man is stabbed in chest, person who stabbed him has blood covering his hands. Others who tend to the stabbed man can be seen with blood on their clothes. Multiple times where we see a bloody animal corpse. Scary demonic creatures seen multiple times trying to break into peoples houses. THATS REALLY IT GUYS GO WATCH IT ITS AMAZING!!!!!!
1 person found this helpful.

Scary at first

This movie is surprisingly deep. It has a similar feel to Signs. It seems realllly scary until you watch the whole thing- then it will make sense. Just know that it looks awfully scary but it really isn't. I can't say much more without giving away the plot twist. It's very clean, just a bit violent. The main scene with violence is very scary and disturbing but that's the worst of it. Kids under 12 may be too young to follow and will probably be freaked out.

Good

it was good:)

I was vary good

It had one jump scare no bad words and no sex

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched this with my dad on a Saturday night and I won't spoil the ending, but once it finished, I said it was the worst movie ever. I went to bed and then when I woke up it was all of a sudden my favorite movie. I think it was just the disappointment in the ending but now I think it is the best!

Don’t watch it like I did!

This is a very well directed film with some very good acting but don’t watch it thinking that it is a horror because it’s not. It is not a bad film but I just thought that it was too slow and nothing really happened. But the hole point of the film is the twist at the end...

Interesting Idea

At first, my rating for this movie was two stars, then I thought about it more and just had to give it at least one more. Honestly, I thought it would be scarier than it turned out to be. The trailer gave me the thrilling chill. It took me a while to appreciate the film more despite my first reaction. In other words, it isn't bad.