Parent reviews for Thor

Thor Poster Image

Great movie

Amazing movie. Good for teens and tweens.

3 people found this helpful.

Good Marvel is heavily tied into The Avengers

Thor is good. Now, that’s not saying much, many MCU movies are just good, but Thor is a different kind of good, the kind that leaves you smiling even after the credits have ended. Granted, I love anything with Loki in it, but even my family agrees that Thor is one of the better MCU movies. Now for the review: The Good: The acting is good, as of pretty much all the Marvel movies, (with the exception of Thor: Love and Thunder. Don’t watch that one. Period. Nuff said.) so it’s a fun summer movie to watch. (Also, watch this one before you watch Avengers. It’s VERY important to the plot of that specific Marvel movie.) Jane and Thor might not have the best chemistry, but I still like them as a couple, even if their romance is super cheesy. Also: Tom Hiddleston’s acting is superb. He plays a deeper, more complex character perfectly, staying believably emotional even while snarking off a wisecrack. His Loki is a delight to watch onscreen, making you laugh and think at the same time, “HOW COULD HE DO THAT TO HIS FAMILY!?” Loki, Tony Stark, and Bucky Barnes are the deepest Marvel characters you’ll find, but Loki is the wittiest. Also, Darcy steals the show. The Bad: Weeeeeell, there’s not too much. Natalie Portman could up Jane’s sass and the movie would benefit, and the CGI isn’t the best, but other than that it’s good. The Ugly: Not much, a few minor curse words. Conclusion: Thor is pretty darn good. Not to mention, Avengers won’t make a ton of sense if you don’t watch this one first. So if you’re planning on watching Avengers, make sure to watch Thor first. But nerdy fangirling aside, Thor is a fun movie to watch. Sure, it’s not the best Marvel, but if you’re benging on MCU movies be sure to give this one a whirl!

2 people found this helpful.

Awesome, 10.5/10

Incredible! Way better than Captain America. I heard the h- and a-words once or twice. Good role models, but tons of violence.

Wonderfull

The film is great although some violence.

Milder than other Marvel movies

One of the most kid-friendly of all the Marvel movies I've watched thus far. Unnoticeable foul language, Thor is shirtless once, and one kissing scene that can both be easily fast forwarded.

1 person found this helpful.

Good

Marvel Awesomeness 8.5/10

Awesome, 10.5/10

Ehh not much swearing but some kissing and might wanna cover their eyes but still a family friendly film but I would recommend supervising their kids under the age of 8 so there you have thats my age rating of thor