Parent reviews for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride Poster Image

One of the best movies

2 people found this helpful.

Imaginative animation film

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride was one of the best animated movies I've ever seen. My mother and I are so happy that he made another beautiful and original animated film since The Nightmare Beofre Christmas because we waited for it for 10 years. I'm glad to say that the wait was worth it. The Corpse Bride is a wonderful emotional yet fun story with heart. We had a wonderful time watching it in the theaters and we can't wait to go see it again this weekend. The visuals are so amazing that you'd have to go see the movie with your own eyes for its impossible to explain there perfection. The characters all look stunning and there are so many wonderful new characters in this movie that will keep your eyes glued on the screen. The voices of Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Emily Watson are packed with fantastic emotion and acting. The score goes very well to the movie and the four songs that are performed sound wonderful. My favorites were "Remains of the Day" made me feel like dancing: it was such a jazzy fun song with the cool voice of Danny Elfmen. And my other favorite was "Tears To Shed" it broke my heart. Helena Bonham Carter sang that song with such heartbreak I loved it! The story is very entertaining and it has so much heart in it and Gothic like background. I loved the dialog some of my favorite lines were "Why Go Up There When People Are Dying To Get Down Here" and "Can A Heart Still Break Once It's Stopped Beating." But the most important thing is that this movie makes you feel less frightened about death. Death in this movie is a lot funner than living and the dead are always having a good time and partying that you feel like dying is not so bad. You should take anyone to see this movie if their paranoid about death it will soften their fears, Overall I strongly encourage anyone to go see this movie. I hope Tim Burten wins the Oscar for best animated movie this year. He truly deserves it! Thank you Mr. Burten for the Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas and years worth of your great films.

1 person found this helpful.

A little scary, but musical and magical!

The story is about a corpse named Emily who takes Victor to the underworld. Plenty of songs and entertainment!
not rated for age

What was I thinking?!?

I took my 6 yr old son to see this movie. He enjoyed it but I didn't. It felt creepy and weird with a very strange storyline. I would not recommend wasting money on this one. We will NOT be getting the dvd. It was just too strange for my personal taste.
not rated for age
1 person found this helpful.

Great movie, but not for kids

A bit cliched but overall a great movie, especially for Halloween as it has a nice macabre theme. I was worried about its shortness, but it did not feel short at all. The ending is especially great. Rated PG but due to heavy use of alcohol, one instance of tobacco, and notable use of violence (especially an instance of near-death), I would up it to PG-13. I definitely recommend it.

Something for your family's "funny bones"

Such a sweet, cute little movie. I love Tim Burton's work and art. Personally I prefer the live action stuff, but the animated films remind me of when I was a kid. Now I'm a parent, and my daughter loves this kind of artwork and animation as well. My daughter is 8, so the concept of marriage and death is not new or uncomfortable. There are some nods to "adult" concepts or tongue in cheek jokes, but this is a great movie for the family. There are references to bones, maggots, death, but in a silly, Halloween style for kids. There's singing, fantasy elements, and the dead/Underworld. All in fun, however, so I find no issues as a parent.

I now pronounce you living and dead

this Tim Burton film was ok I wouldn’t call it the best Tim Burton film I ever seen but some of the scenes in it are beautifully made and like nightmare before Christmas it got some songs in it in my opinion it nothing too scary for kids it has it moments but there not too bad some of the animation is a bit dull but it a Tim Burton film so what do you expect one of the main characters looks a lot like he came from another Tim Burton film called frankenweenie that I might be doing a review on soon

Love this movie- so does my 5 year old

I’ve rated it 7+ but only because it’s about death and some people might not be comfortable with young kids seeing that. If your children will be scared of a skeleton than they’re too young for it. Otherwise there’s nothing scary about the movie. I read a comment about their breast sizes. Meh breasts are a natural thing. There is no nudity, a bit of cleavage. Your kids will see more of the real thing walking down the street or on a target ad lol. Depending on your child, it may raise some questions about death in general so be prepared with some answers if you’ve never had a conversation about that with your kids before .