Kid reviews for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride Poster Image

Great but scary😅😅

Amazing movie, but some scenes may be inappropriate or scary for younger children. I watched it when I was about five and I probably wouldn't be able to understand if I was younger.In spite of that it is a wonderful movie with just the right amount of Tim Burton magic.😀

2 people found this helpful.
Magical, with scares most 10-year-olds can handle.

Emotional Masterpiece from Tim Burton

Tim Burton’s created a lot of great films such as “The Nightmare Before Christmas” but this is truly a masterpiece. The artwork is phenomenal and even though there is some bones and decay, it’s not that scary. Emily is so sweet and such a great character and the music is very interesting. I highly recommend this film, especially around Halloween.

Beautiful

I love this film so much. It is melancholy, in that way that you can't really hate the ending because it was so beautiful and in the end Emily is happy. It talks about arranged marriages a lot, but you can tell that it's against arranged marriages. Victor and Emily are both so attractive, and the only thing about Emily is that sometimes her arm falls off and her eye falls out at one point, but it's all comical and she is so beautiful. There's a scene at the end of the movie where a character tries to kill Victor, but the other guy ends up dieing instead. I'm not sure what it is about this movie, it just makes you so sad yet so happy and then also another feeling I can't really say what.

1 person found this helpful.
Es una muy buena película y hermosa visualmente, pero la recomiendo para niños un poco más grandes ya que es un poco aterradora y tiene un tema un poco más oscuro, de ahí todo es bueno.

Very Beautiful Movie for the Spooky Time of Year

This movie was amazing. I loved every minute of it. I'm a Tim Burton fan so I knew that this movie was going to be great. The movie tells a story about love in a Halloween kind of way. So, if you are a fan of romance, Halloween, or both then I recommend this movie for you!

Abstract and monochrome themed Burton movie has its true place in cinema

Blue-tinted, eye-ball-popping, maggot-infested beauty Emily has become known as the Corpse Bride after waiting for her fiancé where the couple planned to rendezvous before getting hitched. When her groom arrives, he kills her, and she rests in the ground to wait for her soul mate, whether he knows he is the Corpse Bride's groom or not. It's a cold dark night, the moon is full, the stars are bright and the forest is a little bit creepy. Wandering through the black mangled trees, Victor just can't memorize his wedding vows. Victor's hesitance towards marriage causes him to jumble the words. Two prominent families have arranged their children to be married in order to overcome financial difficulties. As the objects of betrothal, Victor and Victoria met for the first time the night before their wedding. It only makes sense that Victor, a groom with cold feet, would have trouble remembering tedious wedding vows. Thus Victor ends up in the dark forest ringing his hands and muttering his vows, the vows that the Corpse Bride hears, bringing her out of the grave. Victor suddenly finds himself married to another woman, a voluptuous bombshell bride who also happens to be dead. Whisked away to the Land of the Dead, Victor finds out that living amongst corpses is not as easy as it seems. Heads easily loose their owners and eyes never seem to stay in their sockets, an adjustment that Victor seems reluctant to accept. Once taken into the Land of the Dead, it is nearly impossible to return, causing Victor to choose between risking Victoria's life or giving up his own.

On god a Greta movie

Victor is hot broooo 💃. Also Tim Burton’s my favorite film director and producer, this movie is such a wonderful masterpiece despite the fact that it only took a year to make. Tim didn’t go the easy ending of the love triangle cliché but instead made it quite more original. I watch this movie almost every weekend and going on 20 rewatches. I love this movie with all my heart.

Looks Amazing!

Amazing animation!!! All 74 minutes of this movie are gorgeous! There is reference to murder and some slightly spooky (goofy) visuals.