Kid reviews for Time Bandits

Time Bandits Poster Image

Don't waste your time.

This movie is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. It is extremely cheezy, not to mention stupid, and excessively violent. The villan lazily kills people, and the demon horses are kind of creepy. "The Supreme Being" (God) is seen as another villan, and as a mean person. I don't know if the creators meant to make fun of God, but they certainly did a good job of it. The ending is also horrible. **********************************SPOILERS*********************************** At the end, the main character returns to his home, where there is a fire. What caused the fire was a "piece of evil," which, when his parents touch it kills them. The closing scene is the 10 year old boy standing there on his own. All I could think was WOW. Not in a good way. Over all, I would not recommend.

1 person found this helpful.

waste of time bandits

rubish

1 person found this helpful.

Terry Gilliam galore

It's the sort of movie that will make younger children cry because of the scary bad guy- and his goons. It also features a child who s almost always in constant peril. (Such as being dangled in a cage over a pit, and about to be killed by a minotaur) As for wether it is good or not- I really couldn't tell you. It sort of feels like the movie is just trying trying to drive you crazy. sometimes things happen for absolutely no reason- like the ship on the front cover- with a giant's head attached to the bottom. That really happens- a giant guy just comes out of the water- and walks around for a few minutes- with no effect on the plot whatsoever. I guess you that's what you get from a Terry Gilliam movie.

Thinking more

A great movie about kid who travels through time with his dwarf "friends". It would be a great movie for kids 8 & up. It has some violence because some people die, but not many.

My point of view

This was a funny movie, but the jokes are hard to understand for a kid under 9. The story in the movie is 4 stars and the jokes 3 stars. Ps, I really like the Monty Pithons

Most of it is ok

Over all time bandits is a good movie. It does have some dark parts. If you are a person that believes in god and do not like the devil than this movie may not be for you. There is a lot of violence at the end of the movie. But on the other hand there are some funny parts mostly pointed tword the beginning of the movie. You may want to skip the end and any other parts with the devil in it but other than that this movie was ok.

COOL:)

it was kinda freaky but it was SOOOOOOOOO awesome! i would totally reccomend it.

Great Movie...

Absolutely Fantastic Movie. I was recommended this and two other very much like it, and I loved them all. Great movie...just watch it!

wonderful!

highly original and creative. I would recommend it everyone. Terry Gilliam is a genius!

Alright Movie

I'm not saying this movie isn't bad, it's just...average. Also I felt kind of bad after watching this movie, because God is sort of portrayed as a...sisy. some parts of the movie are really funny, but some arent that good at all. I'd say the rateing they gave it is just. you should just keep to monty python