All member reviews for Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure

Gorgeously animated fairy fantasy teaches friendship lesson.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byKrampster March 12, 2010

Good but didn't teach the morales.

In general this was a very good movie. I agree that in general Tinkerbell is a good role model for kids, but there are a few things I didn't like in this one:

1. The rats part towards the end was pretty scary. I find that muting it solves the problem for kids that get too scared. Do they need to have such scary parts in movies targeted at smaller kids?
2. Obeying the rules: Tink wanted her friend to break the rules, and I was happy to see him say no. Then I was sad to see him give in. So we had a talk about that.
3. Asking for help: Tink got into a ton of trouble by trying to find a way to hide her mistake rather than ask for help.

Now I wish the movie would have covered these topics itself instead of requiring the parent to step in and teach the morale. The fairy mother could easily tell her at the end that she should ask for help rather than break the rules and cover it up. I want to see good morales taught. This is making me question if we want to purchase the movie or not. Do I want my kids continually watching a movie where after covering up the truth and not getting caught they're rewarded?

Kid, 12 years old Written byFairy3 May 28, 2010

Good Fantesy Movie

Souroisly? This is one of my faves. (Big fan of fantasy movies). Sure, the girl fairies outfits are a little, "Reviling," but they don't even show anything. Tink's temper reminds me of mine, and, like me, she learns that can have consicghs. The peril can be a little 2 intense, like when Tink gets knocked 2 the ground.Blaze is soooooooooooooo cute. The little baby firefly is so cute! When Tink apologizes 2 Trernce, its sweet. I like this 1! ;)

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bySuperallu October 23, 2009

Good for 4 year olds but there are a couple of iffy scenes

My daughter loved this movie and was hooked from beginning to end. She didn't understand every emotional aspect but did understand that people were being mean and needed to apologize. She wasn't phased by the trolls but the rats did have her snuggling a little closer to me. She was very concerned about Tinker Bell's well being when she fell down. I was a bit surprised about that. She loved the movie and I would recommend it. There is some name calling by the trolls so if your child picks up on those things, it might be best to give it a year or two. There's a scene where lots of rather scary looking rats come and try to get Tink and her friend so those that are a bit sensitive to those things might also want to hold off or at least have an adult present to snuggle during the scary parts.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byS00zay July 9, 2010

on the fence.

I like that Tink has a best friend who is a boy. However, despite being fiercely independent she still gets 'rescued' by him. However, she behaves pretty badly and learns a tough lesson.

Adult Written bynduns July 11, 2010

This movie destroyed Tinker Bell's character

See, growing up, Tinker Bell was one of my all-time favorite Disney females and one of my favorite Disney sidekicks. The reason is because she was so different from most of the others. What I'm getting at is, well, she was a... can't say it here, but you get the point. This version of her, however, is way too friendly and goes completely against the portrayal of her in the original Disney Peter Pan movie. As a film in itself, it's nothing special. It's a tired out story we've seen many times before, but I could at least give it a 2 for that, but I just hate so much what this movie did to Tink.

Adult Written byLCrowley February 1, 2010

A fun, imaginative, and engaging story about friendship.

The Tinker Bell movies are some of my most secret guilty pleasures for viewing, and they've thus far exceeded my expectations. The animation is gorgeous and lush, the orchestral soundtrack is beautiful and really lends itself to enforcing the atmosphere of the film. Despite having commercial tie-ins, it's refreshing to watch a beautiful CGI film that doesn't rely on pop culture references and potty humor to earn laughs.

The other fairies take a backseat in this movie compared to the first, and the focus shifts to Tinker Bell's friendship with the well-meaning Terrance. Their friendship, as well as the friendship between the two trolls later in the film, does a decent job in mirroring the kinds of social hiccups kids can encounter (misunderstandings, overcoming fights, making up).

Another refreshing aspect of the film, similar to the first Tinker Bell movie, is Tinker Bell's resourcefulness. She is a character children can relate to (as opposed to some other popular female heroines in today's media); she suffers from a testy temper, can be overly self-critical, but she engages in critical thinking and problem solving to overcome her challenges instead of sitting back and letting others resolve issues for her.

I can see some parents may have an issue with Tinker Bell hiding from others that she broke the scepter as well as going off by herself rather than telling others where she is. It might be good to sit and discuss why Tinker Bell decided to journey alone, and what other things she could have done instead.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byerinmort December 16, 2009

good for any age

im not sure it was as good as the first but as far as kids movies go its a keeper.

Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byDanzaJoy November 27, 2010

Finally a kids movie that doesn't disturb me

I was so grateful to share a movie with my children that didn't have decidedly evil characters (except the rats, who I don't mind my kids knowing to avoid in the street). I prefer media that show people who are more complex. Tink and her friend have both positive and disruptive behavior and work it out in the end. It's got adventure without a bad guy -- Yay!!

Parent of a 3 year old Written byMuffinsMummy September 6, 2010

Fun story that teaches good friendship morals

My daughter loves this movie (although she prefers the first one). She doesn't particularly love the rat scene, but is not too phazed by it (at one stage the fairies run along the keys of a piano during the chase, and I've played this up as quite funny which seems to lighten the mood somewhat). However she is quite frightened by the trolls and doesn't deal well with them roaring at each other. Luckily this is a short scene. Overall the messages in the movie are good - the importance of friendship, and learning to overcome your own weaknesses (for Tink they are her temper and a tendency to blame others). A little more emotional angst than the first film, but nothing that can't be talked through while watching (the pause button is a wonderful thing)... Oh, and make sure you watch the "outtakes" in the special features - they're dead funny.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byAbbyJMom January 9, 2011

Cute kid flick

Cute movie. Certainly not a literary classic, but good for little girls (and boys) that like magic. My daughter adores this movie and the first tinkerbell movie. Tink may not always be honest and upfront, but she learns through actions and friendship prevails. In the end it is a cute movie that I don't hesitate to let my daughter watch.

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bypiper0137 November 2, 2009

clever, fun, best animated role model for young girls

The first "Tinker Bell" movie is by far the best Disney feature, or ANY feature (other than Little Bear) for toddler girls/preschool girls. Although I didn't like this movie as much as the first, it still delivers with clever dialogue, beautiful animation, and a strong female lead that is my favorite female role model for little girls. If your child has seen the first one and loves it, just keep in mind this movie is scarier -- more twists and turns, moments of peril -- and has more arguments/conflicts than the first film. Keeping that in mind, I think your toddler/preschooler will love it.

Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011

Parent of a 2 year old Written byMom2Peanut October 10, 2010

Good for kids who can understand the message

My daughter LOVES this movie, but we noticed she was only acting out the fighting and yelling between characters and not the good message at the end. We ended up getting rid of our copy because she was just too young to understand the message.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bysweetheart1 September 23, 2010

i love it

Parent of a 3, 7, and 9 year old Written bymombygrace November 13, 2009

Great family night movie

This was a really cute movie that all my kids loved - even the 9 year old boy once he was convinced to watch it. The 3 year old sat on my lap, but the scary parts weren't too bad for him and weren't very long.

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byLeonegron January 26, 2011

Wrong Lersson

What I learned from this movie:
1. You can do whatever you want. There are no consequences and everything works out.
2. If you got somewhere you should never tell anyone because you can do everything yourself.
3. Friends are temporary and should be blamed for everything.
4. You should only be truly sorry when you are about to die and everything is lost.

Yeah, great movie.

Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written bypatricia09 October 7, 2010

Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

Slightly disappointing

A great film. But disappointing. The first film should've stayed as the only film. They should not have made this one and then the third one and now the fourth one coming out. No problems with it otherwise though, beautiful animation!