All parent member reviews for Twilight

Parent of a 1, 3, 12, and 16 year old Written byNikkiV March 23, 2009

Adult Written byedwardcullenisa... January 10, 2009

Just amazing .

I absolutely LOVE this movie . I have fallen in love with Edward Cullen - if you can tell by my username, teehee . But i haven't (sadly) read the book, i just got it from a friend and am dying to read it, but i have heard the book is better than the movie, CANT WAIT TILL THE OTHERS !
Go Twilight ^.^
I?U Edward Cullen (:

Adult Written byMamasays December 13, 2008

Dazzling

I had read (more like devoured) all the books beforehand, so I did have that perspective on it first. I was a little apprehensive going in to the theater but I was NOT disappointed in it. True, as with nearly every movie adapted from a book, there were parts left out, parts put in, some things out of sequence, etc. But I thought the casting was excellent - each person looked like I pictured them from the book, pretty much. Edward's character was spot on - Rob Pattinson did a superb job all around. I got a little annoyed with Kristen's excessive nervous blinking that she did, but for the most part she fit the character very well. I have been to see it twice, and it was even better the second time. (I took my 14 yr. old daughter both times, and she loves it, naturally!) I'm so excited for it to come out on DVD - which, according to reports, could be as early as late February 2009! I recommend Twilight, although I do think it's better to read at least that book first. It's a little easier to appreciate it that way.

Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byjrenouard December 11, 2008

Good movie - romantic tension

It's definitely for the at least 12/13 set. My 11 year old has read all the books and love it. Its a wonderfully done dangerous/romantic story. Edward has that attractively dangerous quality. While the romantic tension is definitely there, abstinence is the word of the day.

The portrayal of the Native people is also good in that they're modern, and not represented w/ stereotypes.

Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bysciarcmac November 23, 2008

Trailer for The Unborn before Twilight was inappropriate

If you take a 13 year old to see Twilight, BEWARE, the trailer often shown before for the move The Unborn is NOT appropriate for 13 year olds.
This trailer should only be shown in R rated movies. My daughter is having nightmares.

Parent Written byRuth1959 April 13, 2013

Appropriate

My daughter who is nine by the way loves this movie and so does my husband. Even thought there is the whole vampire thing going on it shows that abstinence is right and that is what Stephanie Myer intended

Parent Written byErohiel December 31, 2011

Couldn't even sit through it.

I was struggling from the first 20 minutes and ultimately turned it off halfway through. The main vampire is meant to be seen as 'romantic' and 'alluring', but he is obsessive, controlling, stalking, and all around creepy. If any real life girl's boyfriend were acting this way, a parent's advice would be to run for the hills, but in this movie these traits are depicted as endearing qualities. Furthermore the acting is terrible, the plot is implausible, and there is apparently no downside to becoming a minion of the devil (vampire) aside from the fact that you will sparkle obnoxiously in sunlight (They don't even need blood)... Which begs the question; with all the UPSIDES of being a vampire, and no downsides, why do they feel the need to stay hidden? And why doesn't just everyone become one? The story is chock full of gigantic plotholes and creepy possessive men meant to be viewed as 'sexy'.

Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byRachelKoch November 12, 2010

chill out already

I love it my daughter wasfine watching it. There i nothing sexual about is at all.

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 26, 2010

Terrible Movie, but not that violent.

Twilight is like the teen nation at the moment, I personally think it is mindless drivel.. But here is my perspective. The violence, it involves vampires so there is going to be a little bit. A girl falls in love with a vampire, gets bitten. Its not really that bad at all. The film is but the content isn't.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byjohnieb95 July 4, 2010

Wonderful Movie that I got for Free

I love this movie, me and my family watch it every Friday night. We also get friends togethor and watch the whole Twilight series atleast once a month. I got this movie for free from www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1203929, which made me really happy that I didn't have to pay $20 for it.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bymoonstark October 24, 2009

Very enjoyable and fun to watch with your daughters

I loved the movie! I recommend it for mothers and daughters to go see it together!

Parent of a 9 year old Written byValerieJ4AU August 21, 2009

Twilight is ok but sets up for kids wanting to see "older" movies out next.

Personally, I love these books and the movies. I, however, would not allow my 9 year old daughter to see this...not because of Twilight itself, but because I know what happens in the later books that will be made into movies. If she sees this one, she will want to see the others and the later books deal a lot about how Bella wants to give up her life for a boy and also how they can have sex.

Adult Written byAmeliaKaderWood June 22, 2009

More "I love you" than "I'll kill you"

I honestly prefer the book more, but the movie wasn't bad. Although, I hear many say that this is the best movie they've ever seen, but I think that's only because girls (which are the biggest fans) are in love with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black. I am not afraid to say that I don't have "crush" on them, which helps me to see that this film need some improvement.

The movie lacked some vampire-ness and it focuses more on Bella Swan's desperate need and love for Edward, and I think that's fine, but not enough to make a fantastic movie. There are many other vampire movies out there, that does deliver some blood and bite (yet not too much gore), but I guess Twilight was good enough for teens and adults to see.

Adult Written byfarrell1 May 8, 2009

really good movie not just girly,oh baby,ilove you i love you, its a great movie and amazing plot based on the book with its sequals

Adult Written bymoviemadness April 10, 2009

Twilight Didn't Dazzle

Twilight was an okay movie (it actually gets better each time you watch it) with very little iffy stuff. It was not extremely faithful to the book. As for content, the relationship between Bella and Edward is intense and mildly obsessive. The makeout scene is mild, and could have easily fit into a PG movie. Violence is scary, but momentary (there is a sickening crunch when a character's head is torn off and two brutal deaths take place off screen). Kristen Stewart (Bella) almost always looks stoned. The thing I'd worry about most is Bella and Edward's realtionship. It's not realistic, and sends bad messages to tweens and teens. Otherwise, if your kid read the book, the movie will most likely be okay.

Parent of a 10 and 19 year old Written byrainydayqueen March 22, 2009

entertaining and one of a kind

this is one of the best movies i ever saw,it's interesting soemwhat dark but also funny kristen stewart is great actress and i love all of the characthers however there is one thing i found bad-the movie is kind of negative in a way but i still love it

Parent of a 8, 9, and 12 year old Written bypvillestudyfam March 21, 2009

My daughter and I both read the Twilight book. And she agreed that in comparison to the books, the movie seemed darker, which suprised us. All of the characters didn't seem to match the book. Edward is suppose to be "beautiful" and WHITE remember, vampire?? He didn't look any whiter than Bella!! And the scene in the meadow was totally butchered. Some of the more tender moments with them were also botched. It seems like they took the book and just threw up some of the contents, sometimes leaving out important parts that help you understand the storyline. It was more like an 80's B rated movie. They picked a beautiful backdrop for the movie and then wasted it!!!

Parent of a 8 year old Written bybsmith1997 March 21, 2009

Parent of a 9 and 9 year old Written byEzri_B March 20, 2009

It's decent

I enjoyed the movie, but didn't LOVE it. I really did LOVE the book. There is way too much montage type stuff with un needed goofy camera stuff. I would have prefered more of the dialogue to have been captured. The anst was expressed through the music not the acting. The acting was good, but overshadowed by the music in my opinion. Also not nearly enough of the Cullens in my opinion. I'd give it 3 1/2 stars

Parent of a 17 and 24 year old Written bystupidlamb January 19, 2009

I adore this movie. I do agree its better if you've read the book first. Even more so if you've read the unfinished manuscript "Midnight Sun", which is Twilight from Edwards perspective instead of Bella's. (As most true fans of the saga have.) Casting was mostly brilliant. They could not have found a better Edward. Pattinson is much more than just a pretty face & really tried to get inside his characters head to flesh out his portrayal. It makes the movie much more than it would have been otherwise. There are a few glitches but overall, for an adaptation, pretty faithful to the book, at least in the essential elements. I can't wait to see the next installment. I've read all four books now and really hope they continue to do well at the box- office so they can make all four of them. No. 4 in particular should be amazing.