Kid reviews for Unbreakable

Unbreakable Poster Image

Terrifyingly boring

Some dark themes. Just go watch the much better sequel

Incredible story is probably too intense for anyone under 13

This is a very serious film. The characters are flawed and the violence, though limited, can be disturbing within the grounded context everything is presented in. Overall, it's an excellent movie I totally recommend if you and/or your kids are up for it.

A Banging Classic

This film is a brilliant "superhero" film. M. Night Shyamalan is a fantastic director and all of his films are worth watching but this film. This film is amazing! I can't believe it only has 2 stars on this website. It's thrilling, interesting and very creative for a superhero film. Don't get me wrong, Marvel films are great. But then again, they all follow the same formula. This film however takes its own path. It's filled with thrilling moments, although some a bit too tense (a boy points a gun at a man and, at one moment, a man asks "Can I have your house?" and when rejected, breaks in, murders both parents and chains up their children). What I just said may sound pretty disturbing, but it's all explained in flashbacks, fast forwards and you learn it at the same time as the protagonist. Other than that, it has that classic M. Night Shyamalan twist which is just genius. I haven't watched the sequels yet but this is definitely a great film to watch, whether on its own or with the others in the trilogy.

Sorry, why are there only two stars on the "expert review"???

This movie is incredibly well shot. There are some very impressive long takes, and the colors when David Dunn uses his powers are so well done. As always, Samuel L. Jackson is amazing, and Bruce Willis is emotional. The acting is superb, but that is expected from such a good cast. If you liked The Sixth Sense, than you will want to check this one out. I have never seen a well-done dark and gritty superhero like this, before or after I saw this movie. I won't spoil it, because I actually prefer the twist in the movie to the twist in The Sixth Sense.

UMMMMMM!!!!

Why does this have 2 stars?

Not the Best..

This movie was pretty good, but out of the trilogy probably the worst. I am an action movie fanatic, and for me this movie was too much dialogue. It is an absolute must watch, as the story is very intriguing. If you're not big on talking, maybe you should sit this one out. Overall, there is some violence when he looks into people's pasts, but to me this is the only 'bad' scene in the whole movie.

Disturbing contents

This movie was an OK movie but not the best. There is one tense scene with a boy almost killing his dad to prove he was a "super-hero." That scene was the most intense one for me. This movie really is not for kids. It just is filled with a some confusing plot and some disturbing contents. I think 14+ could watch this!

Umm..okay

Unbreakable is an okay movie, but not a great one. Still there are quite a few good moments, despite it being slightly average in my opinion. There are some violent scenes, like: (Spoiler alert) A man throws a bottle at an African person, yelling “Go back to Africa!!” and a brutal fight to the death at the end. All in all, a decent movie. Give it a watch.

Good movie