Parent reviews for Under the Tuscan Sun

Under the Tuscan Sun Poster Image

One of my favorites. Totally NOT for kids under 11.

The partial nudity is the worst thing or else I'd probably rate it 9+. There is swearing though. (F---k, bastard, dyke and morw) But your twelve year olds hear so much sex talk in school that even if you did not talk to them about this kind of stuff they totally know about it. Amd your eight year olds probably hear this swearing in school. And bc of the internet there is no reason younger teens shouldn't watch it. BUT if your kid is nine or younger DO NOT LET THEM WATCH IT. Your 11 year olds should be able to handle it. Keep in mind your tweens know a lot more than you think they do.

PG 13 but not for 13 year olds

Would be better if not for scantily clad art scene (really weird) and the undressing for the “sex scene”.

a great movie for everyone

I just saw the movie yesterday and it's a wonderful story about love for all ages...its shows the uncertainty of love, the many kinds of love, the emotional torture of love, and yet the continual, no matter how old you are, need for love. It's got characters for every age, it's got humor and views like a travelogue of the beauty of tuscany. Parents should let their teenagers see this to see that love is COMPLICATED, that life has many twists and turns, but that's what life is about. It's got adult subject matter, but if you think your 12 year olds might not be suited for this movie, think about all the junk they see saying sex has no consequences and love is overrated. It's a good family movie that could result in a lot of talk about love, sex and life over pizza after.
not rated for age