Parent reviews for WALL-E

WALL-E Poster Image

this is the best movie ever!

i love this movie so much it is just so good. i wish people made a wall-e 2. you should defiantly watch this movie it is so good. (I'm 9 years old)

2 people found this helpful.

The Bigger Message

WALL-E “Disney’s Bigger Message” When the Disney movie WALL-E first came out in 2008, I worked at a Hollywood Video; you know those stores people used to go to and rent movies? I never got to watch WALL-E, so I took this opportunity to watch it and did not disappoint. The movie is packed with emotions ranging from feeling sympathy to happiness and even excitement. WALL-E is filled with bland colors of a trash covered Earth and then exhilarating bright colors of stars with galaxies leading to the mysteriously unknown. This movie fits the common mold of a classic Disney movie with a up and down storyline, but I observed a movie that digs deeper. For me WALL-E is a movie that delivers a big message that will be eye opening to anyone who watches it. The movie begins with introducing the main character, a trash compacting robot named WALL-E. WALL-E is a timid lone robot spending his days cleaning a garbage covered planet Earth. I quickly learn that despite being alone, WALL-E does make the best of it by collecting interesting artifacts and becoming friends with a crafty hard to kill roach. At night WALL-E watches “Hello, Dolly!” on a makeshift video projector and I started to get the sense that WALL-E so desperately wanted some companionship. Suddenly a rocket ships rattles the atmosphere and knocks over skyscraper high compacted blocks of trash as it lands on Earth. WALL-E watches in amazement as a new shiny slick robot emerges from the rocket, it appears that WALL-E may get that companionship he wants. WALL-E watches from a far as the new robot cuts throw the sky scanning items as she goes. After nearly being blown up by the new robot, we discover that the new robot’s name is EVE. As WALL-E is showing EVE around, he shows her a plant that he recently added to his collection of artifacts. EVE scans the plant and then suddenly freezes and shuts down. EVE is later retrieved by the rocket that originally dropped her off to be taken back into space. At this point I had so many questions. Where are all the humans and why is Earth covered in so much trash? I was hoping that the second half of movie would answer all these question for me. As the rocket takes off WALL-E speeds like a high-speed race car, jumps onto the rocket and holds on for the ride. Attached the rocket ship as it glides through space WALL-E gets to admire vibrant fiery solar flares from the sun, sparkling bright star dust of Saturn and the perplexing purple of the Milky Way. Soon WALL-E is on a ship that has the appearance of glamourous giant cruise ship. I notice that all the passengers are “king size” as they usher around on floating beds and looking at their screens. Any activity they do is through the control and the assistance of robots, humans do nothing for themselves. EVE is taken up to the captain’s quarters and we learn that she was in search for plant life so the ship could return to Earth since vegetation could now grow. The hopeful plans to return home to Earth are nearly sabotaged by a rogue robot; but the perseverance of the captain defeats the villainess robot. At this moment in the movie I realize that the willingness of humanity will always change things for the better. The victory comes at a price that nearly destroys WALL-E but luckily this is a Disney movie. EVE saves WALL-E and now humans are back on Earth where they start to learn how to do things for themselves again. A typical Disney movie normally consists of a warming heartfelt story that brings joy to children, WALL-E does that while delivering a crucial message of what society is trending towards. Presently in a world that relies on intelligent robots and grow reliant on accelerated technical advancements; could humans one day rely on robots as much as they do in Disney’s WALL-E? I think that it is a possible, but there will always be ones that will never take the easy route and find the pride in doing things for themselves. After watching WALL-E I can take away two things: the perseverance humans remain unmatched and Disney movies can go deep with messages that can be eye opening for everyone willing to watch.

1 person found this helpful.

Captures your heart and doesn't let you go

I watched this film when it was first released in the movie theatre and was moved by it then. This film has definitely held up over the years. This little robot lights up the screen and makes you want to join him in his redux of musical performances (thank you Hello Dolly!). I have now shown this film to my 6 year old who is now enraptured by this little robot and wants to experience his tenacity over and over in insistent reshowings. The film feels like it slides into different territory towards the last third and becomes more frantic and harder to follow, but the closing image on Wall*E is exactly where the film needs to end. On that and the always amazing Fred Willard...truly exceptional, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Awesome movie, difficult for young kids to understand the action

I think this movie is awesome, for old and young alike. But my 5 yo didn’t like it at all. He watched quietly for a bit then just said he didn’t like it. A movie like Finding Nemo and Polar Express kept him interested though, and I think that’s because he understood the overall story. With Wall-E, I think he’d have to understand “having a crush” and “finding the last trace of vegetation”, which seem to be beyond him.

Family favorite!

We've watched this movie about 6 times now and my (sensitive) 4 year old kids love it so much. There are only a few more intense scenes, but they pass quite fast and overall the movie is so lovely and fun and has a positive message about caring for nature and the bad side of screentime/being inactive.

My favorite Pixar Movie!

This Is by far a good movie for kids! May be a teeny weeny bit violent but it's still my favorite Pixar Movie! Your kid might think it is too!