Parent reviews for Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit Poster Image

Such a funny intro to a monster theme

Watched this with our four year old and seven year old. As a younger brother, the 4yo’s sensibilities are a bit mature, but it really isn’t a scary movie except for the mob scene toward the end (think “Kill the Beast”). They laughed so much throughout and watched it twice in the three day rental period. I think it will be a fall staple for us.

Way too scary for sensitive 7 year old

Based on other reviews I was shocked by how much peril there was. Why is it so hard to find movies where the bad guy doesn't get that much screen time? Lots of guns and shooting. My son is sensitive to emotional turmoil and was disturbed to the point of crying and running out over the possibility that Wallace might hurt his friend. We had to stop the movie four times. His review: "Scarier than what I thought because usually rated Gs are ok for me but this wasn't ok. It was okay because I had my mom and dad to be here and that helps me and I was able to stop the movie and that was really was awesome I would say it should be a PG movie. The were-bunny was was scary."

Scary for young kids, unlike show.

Many good parts -- alot of gun chasing in parts

Clever movie, but there is a lot of threatened gun violence or death for a key character in parts. Disappointing in that regard.

From the creators of Chicken Run!

If you are a fan of clay animated movies, then you will love this movie! I love it, but even though it is rated G, there are some gunshots by a shotgun, but no one gets killed. Other than that, this is a great movie for the whole family!

wallace and gromot

not so cursee of a movie, not entertaing.

A nice change from animated shows.

The only thing that is concerning is that it's a bit scary. Obviously, the 'were-rabbit' is a rabbit monster. Admittedly, that monster is still a big, fluffy rabbit, but it's shown with a suspense-style ... spooky music, big shadows of the monster you can't see. I had to sit through this with my four year olds a few times, so they were comfortable with it, but they enjoy it. I would not let my two year old watch it.

For whole family

Cute, fun, easy viewing with lots of gorgeous little puns to be found all through it and lovely looking creatures.

A classic at my house. Love it.

LOVE love love this movie. Wallace and Gromit are the best. And this film has a rabbit! Very fun and enjoyable stop motion format. Fun for kids, tweens and adults.