Kid reviews for When Harry Met Sally

When Harry Met Sally Poster Image

Wonderful and honest fall film about two friends falling in love. (My family is split between this one and "You've Got Mail"- I am a hardcore "When Harry Met Sally".)

1 person found this helpful.
Great story and encouragement for young people.

fun rom-com

there are some inappropriate parts which is why I think it should be 12+. It is a fun movie though and it is especially good to watch in the fall.

Romantic Comedy depends on maturity.

When Harry Met Sally is a really cute movie. It covers the topic of how boys and girls can’t be friends, because all they want to do is have sex. Yes, there is a lot of talk about it. If your child is older and can handle it without giggling I think it’s fine. Of course it depends on the teen, and ultimately it is the parents decision to do what is best for your child. For an R movie there is no nudity, and only one sex scene is implied. There is one faked orgasm scene in a restaurant, which is for comedy, and again If you think that your child can handle it you are the judge. From my point of view, this was the first R movie I saw as a teen. I thought it was really cute, and was glad my parents waited to show it to me when i was a little bit older!

Hilarious, wonderful classic Rom-Com

Despite having a tiny bit of language there's nothing that children haven't heard before. At least 14-15 year olds, they probably have already had conversations like those in the film. Also it's worth a watch for Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan's chemistry, it's just fantastic. This movie has so many laugh out loud moments and it's just an all around great flick. If you're someone who really doesn't want to show their child sex then this isn't for you, a lot of the dialogue is about sex and main characters have it but nothing is shown. It also has (in my opinion) one of the funniest scenes put to screen when Sally (Meg Ryan) emulates having a fake orgasm in a diner. But honestly it's nothing worse than what is in Friends, The Office, or The Big Bang Theory, so if your kid has seen any of those then this if completely fine. This is such an enjoyable and loveable movie so as long as you're OK with the content you should have a great tie watching it!

Great Movie

This movie has great acting, a great story and funny scenes. However sex is quite big in conversation throughout the movie, yet none is shown. The movie has the famous organism scene in a New York deli witch isn't really appropriate for younger people but teens should be fine. Its a great movie that really doesn't age with the times.

Really not that bad agewise

Sure, there's talk of sex, but mostly the characters talk about the idea of sex, instead of anything descriptive. Honestly, if an eight-year-old watched this, they would just think "sex" meant making out and still be able to enjoy the movie. And technically there is a sex scene, but it just shows them kissing and then cuts to the next morning. Nothing's shown. Beyond that, I think this is a great romcom that raises a bunch of questions about how relationships should function. I had a really interesting conversation with my mom after it. Also, yes, it drops like four F-bombs, but otherwise, this should totally be PG-13.

Not as innapropriate as people are making it out to be.

Why are people saying it's so inappropriate? In my opinion, it's not very inappropriate. There's no sex shown, which is actually out of the ordinary for most romances. There is a ton of talk about sex, but at 12, I've heard it all before. There isn't that much language, and definitely nothing that intense. At it's core, it's just a lighthearted comedy. Obviously, there's some iffy moments like one of the characters faking an orgasm to prove a point, but it's a very funny moment. As I said previously, no sex is shown; it's just talked about, which is fine for kids my age. It honestly just depends. I know my sibling who's my age wouldn't like it, but all my friends and I would. It's a very good movie with some great quotes and punchlines (I'll have what she's having). It's a very good comfort movie.

I'll Have What She's Having

Masterful, heartfelt romcom that brilliantly portrays a romantic and friendly relationship over the course of twelve years, with intertwined true love stories, snappy comic dialogue, and an unforgettable deli scene.

Great movie has language

The entire movie has the guy saying sex sex sex about 5 f words the guy sleeps with the woman they are naked but nothing really shown