Kid reviews for Willow

Willow Poster Image

Magic-filled fantasy adventure with a few battle scenes.

1 person found this helpful.
WAY too much over-the-top violence in enchanting story.

Horrible special effects and really booooring

Boring Do not watch this

Too Scary for Young Children

My mom had fond memories of this movie, so my nine-year-old brother and I watched it with her. While it was a good movie, there was a lot of violence and the "scary" factor was high. The movie includes an evil queen ttrying to murder infants, pig-wolf-thingies going through the woods and attacking people, a troll being turned into a lump of bloody meat, and what I thought was the most disturbing scene: people being turned into pigs. While the end result is funny, the transformation itself is gruesome and disturbing, and while my brother loved it, I was about to cry. It depends on the person. Also, the movie included a tiny bit of vulgar language and a few inappropriate remarks. Finally verdict? Save this movie for when your kids are a little older. Common Sense Media was wrong on this one; I would NOT recommend for an eight-year-old.

Spooky

Monsters, stabbing, and people in cages is not 8 years good.

if your family loves adventure. this is a film for the entire family

this movie is good but some bad messeges. perfect family film.

Not for 8 year olds, common sense media is inconsistent

They gave Empire Strikes Back an 11+ but this one an 8+? This is way darker/scarier/more violent/more sexual than Empire. Saw this at age 12 and it still was pretty freaky. Good movie, but dayum, not for an 8 year old. The evil queen wants to SACRIFICE A BABY ON AN ALTAR! Lots of people die, in violent ways, and many scary scenes. That said, very good movie, just not for little kids

a family movie has some violence and language ages 10 and up

this 1988 family classic has some language and violence plus safety is sometimes a issue but there is good role models thats why the whole family and schools should watch this movie.

Quite a few scary scenes, there is blood and kissing but the movie is really exciting. Though in one part of the movie there are some people drinking alcohol.