Parent and Kid Reviews on

Wish

Wish Movie Poster: Asha, wearing a purple dress, raises her hand dramatically toward the sky, while Magnifico looms over her
Our Review

Based on 20 kid reviews

Sort by:

Evil, Darkness and Torture. Don’t recommend.

This movie has unnecessary violence. Although the previews show that the movie is funny, it is actually sad, dark and violent. Let me fill you in on what happens. The king is actually evil. Every person of the town, Rosas, makes a wish when they turn 18. When they make a wish, they turn sad and lazy. The king gets power from literally crushing someone's wish. When a wish gets crushed, the person who made the wish turns weak. There is a betrayer. There are many disturbing scenes, like: 1. When the betrayer gets his wish he’s in pain. 2. When the king goes evil his eyes glow green and has occasional outbursts. 3. At the end of the movie, all the people of Rosas get locked up in magic chains. The king shoots evil magic at the people of Rosas to torture them. I do not recommend this movie to sensitive children.

5 people found this helpful.

Surpassed my expectations!🌟

WOW! I honestly had really low expectations for this movie especially with everything Disney is putting out nowadays but I was surprised. King Magnifico (Chris Pine) stole the show in my opinion. He was exactly like the old classic Disney villains who are all malicious, evil, and thirsty for power! Asha (Ariana DeBose) isn't a memorable character but her voice in this movie is fantastic! Another thing I really enjoyed about this movie was all the head nods to all the classic Disney movies. For example, during Asha's song, "This Wish," her hair blows in this wind just like Pocahontas' hair during her song, "Colors of the Wind." One thing about this movie I didn't enjoy was Asha's pet goat, Valentino. He was annoying and really had no purpose in this movie. 😂 In conclusion, this movie is pretty decent just not very memorable but I would still encourage families to go see this movie!

4 people found this helpful.

I Wish I never saw this movie

Maybe it's just me being critical of Disney films lately, but this one just doesn't hit. The characters, music, and plot don't stand out in any way to me; basically, you could say it's forgettable. Every character felt either flat (boring) or annoying. The protagonist, Asha, was just so unbearable. Gone are the days when Disney heroines were actually smart, or brave, or strong role models 😔 The only thing I did enjoy was the color palette; I think they did the color scheme very nicely and it was visually appealing.
3 people found this helpful.

Vague; Unmemorable; Unfulfilling.

Best Movie Since Frozen

Wish not only excels in its storytelling and music, but also in its stunning animation style. The film boasts a beautiful and unique aesthetic that is both visually stunning and perfectly complements the narrative. The attention to detail in every frame is truly remarkable, with each character and setting being brought to life with incredible depth and nuance. The animation style perfectly captures the emotions and themes of the story, further immersing the audience in the film's world. It's a true testament to the skill and creativity of the animators and artists involved in its production. Overall, the animation style of Wish is simply breathtaking and adds a whole new layer of beauty to this already exceptional film.

2 people found this helpful.

Great music and beautiful animation!!!

Wish: 100 Years of Joy for This

Wow. Just wow. 100 years ago, two men started a company that would go on to be a big part of the world. 100 years later, for the celebration, we got the most generic, awful, hideous movie ever made. Wish is genuinely horrid. To think that for an 100 year anniversary, we got this pile of trash…Wow. Story, made no sense. Jokes, I laughed two times. One of which was because of how bad it was. Music, all AI. Don’t even bother. What a sad way to end this year for Disney.
1 person found this helpful.

Most boring Disney movie.

This is not worth watching. There was no character development. The jokes were a sad attempt to make the movie better, and the plot was the most basic thing ever. It was a waste of time.

1 person found this helpful.

Loved this adorable movie, for all ages

Honestly, I loved this movie. It was lots of fun to find all of the Easter eggs and the music had been stuck in my head for the last week. A lot of people hated it and I have no clue why. It was adorable, the art was pretty, and the main character was so sweet. It was a really good movie for my whole family, the littles loved Star and the talking goat, and my mom and I loved how reminiscent it was of older Disney movies and trying to find all the Easter eggs. Overall, it’s adorable. I really don’t understand why it’s getting so much hate.