Kid reviews for You Can't Take It with You

You Can't Take It with You Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Not as Good as I Hoped

I liked the moral of the story, but these are the reasons I wouldn't consider it a "kid-friendly comedy": 1. The was some kissing/moments that were a little' too close for comfort' moments between the two main characters 2. Attention directed towards a woman in a tutu bending over 3. A lady of low moral character/a shady lady in the prison 4. Made it seem like it was OK to avoid or not pay taxes 5. Young kids were going around trying to teach people how to do an illegal dance, and were simulating smoking 6. Some people may think that it is fine to 'just follow your heart and everything will be perfect', but truly you should make sure that your relationship is -usually decent parents don't just care about how much money your fiance has, they want you to do the right thing and marry someone right for you. 7. "Tony" didn't really seem like he respected Alice In my opinion, it wasn't really racist, and I think there was more objectionable stuff in this movie. It had a good message, and I liked the characters, but certain things made it something that I just wasn't comfortable or happy with. Also there was some smoking.

You Can't Take It With You

This film portays the importance of family and friends in a positive way, and the acting is just perfect, even though there's a reace related problem. Sure, it's not laugh out loud funny but Frank Capra puts his focus on the characters and their relationships with each other. To me, that's what filmmaking's all about. Films can make you cry, laugh and most of all, to be inspired.

Charming but slow-moving

Kids won't understand what nearly half of the stuff they're dealing with means. Mature tweens may get it, but I doubt they want to see it. It can be very funny at times and has a very good message that if you have family and friends, that's better than all the wealth in the world.