All member reviews for Bionic

Xtina returns with semi-explicit CD mostly about sex.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysunrisemusik June 15, 2010

Fourth Xtina album falls short; a few standout tracks; songs vary from 10+ to 17+.

1) Bionic - James Bond music meets addictive electronic noises and a rolling drum loop w/ reverb turned up all the way. Beware of the very addictive chorus. Contains “d*mn” 5 times. Tells of a lover that will take you on a rollercoaster style of life. Best song on the album by far. 4.5 out of 5. “On” for 13+.
//////////////////
2) Not Myself Tonight – Lead single. Swampy and airy leads meet Timbaland-style drums. Christina’s wondrous high vocals take the song to a higher level. There is an ambiguous swear word cut out of the intro: “because I don’t give a…“ F*** is dropped twice. Contains suggestive moans and lyrics. Talks about “taking shots” and getting the license to do questionable things by “gettin’ crazy”. 4 out of 5. “On” for 15+.
//////////////////
3) Woohoo – Promotional single. Features the not so conservative Nicki Minaj. Small intro, then changes entirely. Mixes tribal drums, claps overload, whiny synth leads, a persistent synth bass and a (frankly annoying) sample of Aguilera going “woohoo”. You will want to find this song annoying but you will be chanting “woohoo” by the fifth listen. B****es is said once at the end. The song is entirely about one thing (figure it out): “wanna taste my (woohoo) / you know you wanna put your lips / where my hips are (woohoo) / kiss all my (woohoo), all over my (woohoo)”. References to alcohol and getting “tipsy”. 3.5 out of 5. “On” for 16+.
//////////////////
4) Elastic Love – 8-bit, acid, industrial and swampy synths galore. 808s drums accompany. Has somewhat of an 80’s feel. The song would be forgettable if the catchy chorus didn’t save it. Talks about a relationship that feels forced. Just one sexual reference in the chorus: “elastic love, everlastic love/ ever lusting love, such a spastic love”. 2.5 out of 5. “On” for 13+.
//////////////////
5) Desnudate – Stomping bass, odd synths, tribal drums and the occasional brass makes up this song. American electro meets Mexican jazz. Uninteresting. This song does not beat around the bush, Desnudate literally means, “take off your clothes”; “I’m your supplier of lust, love and fire tonight / all you desire is yours if the asking is right”. Suggestive Spanish phrases and moans litter the song. 1.5 out of 5. “On” for 17+.
//////////////////
6 + 7) Glam – Snaps, twangy synths, cowbell and 808s percussion makes up the minimalistic jam. Christina’s breathy vocals heighten its appeal. Forgettable chorus, enjoyable verses. Christina breaks out the high vocals for eight bars. B****es is said once. And it glamorizes, well, glamour. Clothes, makeup, superficiality, etc. 3 out of 5. “On” for 13+.
//////////////////
8) Prima Donna – Stingy synths, cowbell, brass. Call-and-response adds to the song (provided in part by Lil’ Jon). Christina shows off her higher notes here. Contains b***h twice. Captures the TGIF mentality. Talks about getting quite drunk: “I need a drink or two / make that a few”; “Pop pop pop / ‘till I’m drunk, bottles”. Also, Aguilera breaks out her diva in this song, and at the moment doesn’t care what you think. 3 out of 5. “On” for 15+.
//////////////////
9 + 10) Sex for Breakfast – Song follows a very steamy prelude. Pad synths, piano, light brass, R&B drums, and an electric bass give it a wondrous R&B/lounge feel. Christina brings all her vocal prowess onto this track. This song is more enjoyable listened to as a whole – very seductive without being gross. The title is warning enough – this song is about a woman begging her boyfriend to “stay a while” before leaving for work: “I gotta satisfy my needs”; “our bodies touching” - very, very suggestive. 3.5 out of 5. “On” for 17+.
//////////////////
11) Lift Me Up – Piano, wah synths, synth and a typical drumset throws us a typical ballad track. Christina’s wonderful vocals carry this song – the lyrics are the typical “I need you”. 2.5 out of 5. “On” for 12+.
//////////////////
12 + 13) All I Need – Another ballad, completely longue this time around. Forgettable. 2 out of 5. “On” for 10+.
//////////////////
14) I Am – Strings, piano, “Fireflies” synths, hip-hop drums and acoustic guitar bring live to another ballad. No original or wondrous lyrics, but Aguilera’s vocals and a sweeping instrumental save it from being thrown into the trash bin. 2 out of 5. “On” for 11+.
//////////////////
15) You Lost Me – Lonely piano meets strings. Strings meet drum set. Drum set meets guitar. Guitar meets choir. All these instruments build together in a crescendo that differentiates this ballad from the three previous. Christina breaks out her fantastic vocals again, but this time the lyrics are more embraceable and worth more than a second listen. Talks about a woman walking away from a cheater. 3.5 out of 5. “On” for 10+.
//////////////////
16) I Hate Boys – Thumping bass, clap, snare pattern with a mess of bass and stingy synths in the chorus. The chorus is addictive and Christina’s bitter delivery helps the message get across. This song a message of extreme hatred towards men: “they're only good for fruit, I mean bananas”; “boys are so immature, they rarely turn to men / then again, all men are dogs / all men are dogs”; “boys suck, make me sick / inflated egos, little d**ks / use them up, spit ‘em out”. Some sexual references (shown above). D**k is said once. 3 out of 5. “On” for 14+.
//////////////////
17) My Girls – Guitar, bass and brass over a variety of percussion gives a strut-down-the-runway feel. Modern-day Xtina version of “Girl Just Wanna Have Fun”. The lyrics just seem to fall short – the song comes across as a flat “Sex in the City” tune. Talks about having “sex… running through their dirty minds”, “teasing all the boys” and having “jewels on their fingers”. No real offensive content. 2 out of 5. “On” for 12+.
//////////////////
18) Vanity – Dark synth riffs, thumping bass, claps and video games blips give the song the dark feeling it needs. Has a jump-in-the-air vibe. The song is mediocre and switches from good to bad frequently. The lyrical context is perhaps the most offensive in the album. Tells of, well, a vain girl. With a mouth. B***h is said eight times; s*** is said three; a*s twice, and the f-bomb is dropped once. There’s one suggestive line: “I’ll make myself so much wetter (wetter, wetter, wetter)”. Finally, there’s the message of the song: “Mirror, mirror on the wall / who’s the flyest b***h of them all? / never mind, I am / that b***h is so f***ing pretty”; “and now I take myself to be my lawfully wedded b****”. Of course it’s not meant to be taken seriously, but this song definitely promotes vanity in the worst way possible. 2.5 out of 5. “On” for 17+.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysamandie August 3, 2010

!!o yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it but its one problem they realy have a nasty stoff

Kid, 12 years old Written byPYEsinc June 20, 2010

f--k, b--ch, and s--t are used

Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do July 2, 2010

good beat but bad lyrics!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bydegrassi108 October 10, 2010

Christina's Bionic

Christina Aguilera is amazing. Her song Bionic however has some songs that are a bit iffy but if your mature enough and really dont care, then what the h***, listen to it. I love it. I enjoy her music and she has wonderful rhythm and a beautiful voice. If you are an adult reading this, understand that kids should be able to choose what they listen to, dont be so careful on what ur kids see or hear :)

Adult Written byWander Blue March 10, 2011

Xtina uma popstar da atualidade!

O ''Melhor Album de 2010'' na minha opinião, ela mostra seu lado sujo em ''Not Myself Tonight'' e ''Woohoo'', mas ela também mostra um dos seus lados mais fortes nas faixas ''I Am'', e ''You Lost Me'', a versão deluxe do album também é excelente

Teen, 15 years old Written byAddybug April 25, 2013

Disappointing!

Very disappointed by this album. Christina has talent, and I don't know why she chose to waste it on this garbage. Yes, some of the songs are very catchy, but it's all about sex. The language is pretty bad too. "Woohoo" "Sex For Breakfast" "Desnudate" "Vanity" and "Morning Dessert" are all sexual. 100%. "Woohoo" is strictly about oral sex. "Desnudate" is one of the best sounding songs on the album, I'll admit, but it's very sexual and not appropriate at all for younger kids. It has some suggestive noises as well.
Now that that's out of the way, there are some good songs on this album. "You Lost Me" "Stronger Than Ever" and "I Am" all have positive messages. I would say those three are good for kids 10+. Not only are they appropriate, but they're musically amazing as well!
Still disappointed by this album, but I'm still a fan.

Parent Written byMusic/Movies March 5, 2013

Sex: 9/10 - Violence: 0/10 - Language: 8/10 - Drinking: 1/10

While some songs are clean and have topics about being yourself and loving others, most songs are dirty. Only about 20% of the songs are clean, while the others revolve around swears, partying and sex. There are songs like Bionic, Glam, Love & Glamour and Elastic Love that are somewhat clean, but have some sexual lines and mild swears, which make them for teens and up. The other songs like Sex For Breakfast, Not Myself Tonight, Woohoo, Vanity & Morning Dessert have lines about getting wet, turning yourself on, getting naked, having sex for hours at a time, oral sex and being late to work because of having sex. Not to mention they have swears like f**k, Sh*t, b*tch and some other mild language. Those songs aren't even for young teens. I'd say overall, this CD is far too sexual for anyone under 14 or 15.