All member reviews for "Firework" (CD single)

Unusually clean Perry song emphasizes self-esteem.

Kid, 11 years old Written byMusicgirl209 November 25, 2010

Unlike any of her songs.

This sond is compleatly different from all of Katy's, and it's awesome! It's very catchy (to me at least), and has a positive message. Nothing to worry about!.... Unless you see the music video (in the music video strange things happen. Fireworks came out of a very odd place too.)

Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byCessi December 26, 2010

Super song, very positive. One homosexual reference in the video, but I would rather my kids see that with me when I can handle questions, than out somewhere with non-parental guidance. Another user mentioned fireworks from peoples, breasts, they are all coming from the "heart" its a metaphor, it isn't sexual.

Kid, 10 years old Written bytwincessa726 July 17, 2011

Cleaned up

Katy Perry has toned down the partying and inappropriate behavior for a nice squeaky clean song about loving yourself, and being an individual. LOVE IT!

Kid, 11 years old Written byblastgun July 15, 2011

Amazing Song

I love it, though a kid pushes his dad and theres some kissing and girls are shown in bikinis

Parent of a 10, 10, and 15 year old Written byGizmo the Mogwai June 12, 2011

I didn't like it, but...

Personally, I don't like this song. It is played a hundred times on the radio, but lots of kids like it, including mine. It does have a positive message but it is very weird. I don't call people fireworks. Aside from that, the video is very suggestive. Your kids can listen to the song, but not the video.

Kid, 12 years old Written byMeTheCrazyOne99 June 10, 2011

Amazing Self Esteem Song

I love this song!!!!! It gives a positive message and uplifts you, tells you that you're amazing the way you are, there is nothing wrong with this song, it's awesome! I love the beat! It has nothing bad in it, AND it is upbringing. This song makes me feel good whenever I listen to it! I listen to it when I'm down-sometimes-not often.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybrooke8888 January 15, 2011

Kid, 12 years old Written byValkyrieCainIsMe December 26, 2010

iffy 4 younger kids

Great song, Great messages. There is some homosexual reference though.

Adult Written byBeckstar November 9, 2011

fake if you ask me

Although it has a great meaning, it seems strange coming from her. Plus the "OH OH OH!" gets really annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if she was known for this sort of song, but it seems really fake and random she comes out with a song that has nothing sexual in the lyrics. It's just not 'Katy'. That's why I don't listen to it, It just seems plastic

Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2011

Katy u are cool again

I heart the song the video.

Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2011

The Perfect Single for All Ages!:D

First of all, Common Sense needs to know, that's the wrong picture for Firework. Me and my sister were laughing about that (it's a California Gurls picture). I LOVE THIS SONG! I don't know why common sense gave it three stars. No offense AGAIN, common sense doesn't have common sense. Why'd you give it three stars? There's nothing wrong with it. You guys are so picky, you waste your time complaining about inappropriate songs but when there's finally a good one you complain about that too. Anyways, this is a great song. My big sister used to listen to it when she was sad;it's a very uplifting song. As long as you don't let two year old's listen to other songs by Perry, it'll be fine.To wrap this up, this song is packed with self-esteem and I LOVE IT.

Kid, 11 years old Written bydanypeace10 May 26, 2011

Katy Perry does have a good side!

This song shows that Katy Perry isn't always the crazy,blue-wigged woman. She wants to encourage others to be a firework and be strong. The music video in one part is a little bit inappropriate because a man kisses another man.

Parent Written byKonichiwa March 14, 2011

Suprising California Gurl

Wow. Katy is a great singer and this song sends a great message. My sons friends and him love this song.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

*HURLS*

I'm serious, I get nauseous when I listen to this song. It's her voice and the lame beat. Pfft, and they say Justin Bieber is annoying.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMegan96 February 5, 2011

I don't really think the song is all that great, but my rating is mostly because of the music video.

Adult Written by90210fan February 2, 2011

Love it good message for all ages

Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 January 29, 2011

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT DIRTY!

Although Katy Perry is not a good role model, this song is surprisingly positive. It's all about feeling good about yourself. The music video is a bit iffy, (there are 2 gay guys making out) but the song itself is a fine, good choice for tweens and teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMusicislove62 January 20, 2011

Amazing

I have been trying to listen to less inappropriate music, and this song is perfect! It is the best hit song since "A Thousand Miles" in 2003! I think that it is great to have the LGBT message in the video, because it is important to expose children to these things to avoid intolerance and hate speech.

Adult Written bykatamaris4ever December 21, 2010

Surprisingly... Good!

I normally don't like listening to "hit" music when kids (6-10) are around, but for some reason this isn't such a bad song. I think that Perry still sings better than Ke$ha (If you don't believe me, pick up her album when her name was Katy Hudson, no autotune there), and the message about being who you want to be is empowering. The music video may leave second thoughts about the song (the fact that Perry is emitting fireworks from her breasts for example), but overall it's a really nice song to listen to, compared to other sleazy singles on the radio.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byejkdmom November 28, 2010

Great song with a great message

I love it. The song's meaning is about being yourself and it is positive. Great dialogue and the older your kid is the more they will understand, the younger will love the tune and get it eventually.