All member reviews for "Glad You Came" (CD Single)

Breezy pop tune mentions partying but is OK for older tweens

Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN May 6, 2012

This song will make you glad you listened! Haha I'm punny! Get it?? ;)

The Wanted are one of the coolest boy bands ever. Though the way they echo their lyrics throughout the entire song can get somewhat annoying "Glad You Came" is still worth a listen, and then another, and another. :) The song is about a boy being glad that a girl showed up to a party where they can spend time together because they like each other. There is only one line about drinking, but in their defense, they are all legal drinking age (in the UK, where they're from) and the line is simply what is stated above "Take you by the hand. Hand you another drink." That's it. It's not some horrible 'let's get drunk' thing. I love this song and listen to it in my car while I'm driving, as well as a couple of their other songs: Chasing the Sun, and Lightning. PS: Jay Mcguiness is my favorite. Check it out! You will love this song from a catchy new UK boy band that is definitely here to stay.

Adult Written bydalia89 February 28, 2012

asdfghjkjhgfdsa

i like the song a lot

Teen, 14 years old Written byRoflT March 6, 2012

The BEST

Its my fave song!! im listening to it now!

Kid, 12 years old Written byalexanderao March 25, 2012

Good for Boy Band Standards

Considering boy band standards, this song is really good. Considering pop music standards, this song is O.K. but will still get on your iPod. Nothing inappropriate, but nothing positive. Just about partying- but not bad partying. No sex or drinking references.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKhOiCoOl March 5, 2012

catchy

It is a fun catchy song but also refer to have s*x in there "Let's go somewhere no one else could see you and me and turn the light out now "

Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Glad you Came

This song is so catchy! :D

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 June 16, 2012

It's okay

It's fine. It's a bit catchy. Th

Sex: It seems to be implying neeting up at a party and hooking up.
Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: "Hand you another drink/drink it if you can" is used throughout.

Adult Written bymusic fan2.0 April 18, 2012

song fine video not

well i for one love the song and cant stop singing along to it but i watched the video the other morning and trust me if your kids like this song keep them far away from the video because you will not be glad you came if you do not lol here is a more clear description of content well for there is about 100 women in baithing suits dancing around the band and then we have a problem with drinking as well so please watch the video at your own risk

Kid, 10 years old September 29, 2012

SO annoying...

This song is really annoying. They're trying hard to be "mature". I'd rather listen to BTR or One Direction than this- which is saying a lot!

Parent Written byRomeo1540 June 15, 2013

Fairly clean song

It is a mostly clean song, but does mention drinking. There is a line about a girl looking "well" on him.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylily-reads June 2, 2013

Don't Bother With This Song.

This song is repetitive and not well written. It makes me SICK the way that these "men" act as if women are clothes, "you'd look well on me"... way to objectify women. I find it disgusting.

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

Oh....

i'm getting quite annoyed.

Parent Written byTheaT. March 29, 2013

Catchy

It's important to know if your child is mature enough to listen to this and understand the message.

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 November 30, 2012

"Glad You Came" Review

I kind of like this song. The music doesn't sound like regular pop to me, and I kind of like that.
This song is about romance, but I think there was only one (slightly) questionable line: "You look well on me/Let's go somewhere else where no one can see." Also, there was a line repeated in the chorus that referenced to drinking: "I hand you another drink/Drink it if you can."

Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 15, 2012

Just Fine.

In other words,this song is OK.I mean,it's good,but nothing groundbreaking though.It's kind of catchy,and The Wanted did a great job on singing.BUT,imo the music to the song is a tad too dark.It's average music.So overall,Glad You Came is only an OK song.