All member reviews for Take Me Home

One Direction stays sweet, but expect some innuendo.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl December 1, 2012

take me home

i love these boys :)

Teen, 15 years old Written bywizkid705 November 25, 2012

Fun album!

This is a great album! The music is super catchy. There is nothing obviously inappropriate in it, but it does talk about relationships. They sing things like "stay for the night," but that's about the extent to it. This is a good CD for teens and pre-teens. I'm not really a "Directioner", but this album is awesome!! Some of my favorites are "Little Things" (Really sweet and refreshingly raw song about imperfections–lovely message), "They Don't Know About Us," & "I Would."

Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcake756 November 22, 2012

A MUST for true Directioners

Take Me Home is y new favorite album. I was, however, a bit surprised at some of the innuendo used. There is a song called "Rock Me" and many people are saying that it's about sex, but it could easily be a song about rock music as well. Innuendo includes, "I wanna be the first to take it all the way like this" and others. The song C'mon C'mon hints that a boy is looking at someone at a club because "The one that I came with, she had to go," but all in all, if you're a hardcore directioner, you absolutly HAVE to get this album. Also, the innuendo went over my 10 year old sister's head, so younger kids wont understand.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 November 22, 2012

Really good album :D

This is a slightly more mature (talks about "taking me home", kissing and touching), and decent album. I like most of the songs on here, I mean -- I like the others, but some of the songs are better. The best songs on the album are "Live While We're Young", "Kiss You", "I Would", "Heart Attack", "Back for You "C'mon, C'mon", "Last First Kiss", "She's Not Afraid" and "Still the One"......

Wow, that was lot than I thought (haha). But anyway, this is a cool album. And the title "Take Me Home" kind of makes me feel warm... :)

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2012

BEST ALBUM EVER

I happened to check everyday to see if it was on here yet :)
Niall is the best,he should have more solo's.
The album is great,just a bit sexier than Up All Night.
I would recomend it for matur 4-6th graders and all 7-12 graders :)

Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2012

BEST BAND IN THE WORLD <33

I absolutely think one direction is a very amazing band, being a 10-17 year old girl. I think that their song little things is a positive message.

Kid, 12 years old Written byloveblack02 November 29, 2012

WHAT IS LACKING IN THIS REVIEW!

I like the review above, but I think, after many plays of the album, is lacking a little. What about the song Rock Me? That song is wro-o-ong! What about the line, "Tonight let's get some," in Live While Were Young. What about this line "Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt, bodies intertwined with her lips." I just wanted to get that out there.

Parent Written bykeepcalmandcarryon December 17, 2012

Minor innuendos, but overall very good

This is a good album from the UK boyband. Both of my daughters (12 and 15) really like it. There are some innuendos, as stated in the review, so I would watch out if you have younger kids (you don't want your 5 year old singing about "getting some" without knowing what it means). It has some positive messages and is respectful towards females, and it is a diverse and fun album.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybeingtrina November 30, 2012

Not a fan, but okay.

Look, Its was pretty good for a 1D album
i didnt think that the s*xy stuff said was a big deal.

Kid, 12 years old Written bybookworm456 January 4, 2013

Fantastic Album, with minor Innuendo

This album is fantastic! With catchy upbeat songs and some sweet acoustic songs it is fun to listen too. Some minor innuendo like,"tonight let's get some,"and "rock me," but nothing graphic. Directioners will loves this album :D

Kid, 12 years old Written bykscoops08 March 8, 2013

One Direction: Take Me Home

I like how the songs are different varieties of sounds. No song is really the same. Some are fast and upbeat, and some are slow kind of ballads. This album has been my favorite one because all five of the boys have about the same amount of solos. They don’t sing about bad, inappropriate, things such as drinking, smoking, etc. I really like it. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2013

Good album

Heyy! I think some people are being a little strict. Especially the person who said not for kids. I'm only eleven but I really don't think it's that bad. I have the album and its wonderful. There are phrases like: let's get some, come on and let me sneak you out. But it's really pretty clean. If you have Up All Night then this would probably be an ok album.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytiffc June 8, 2013

One Direction's Take Me Home

This album is super catchy, great for singing and dancing and having fun in general. They have music for everyone, like slow ballads (Little Things, Summer Love), songs to rock out to (Rock Me, I Would), and everything in between!

One Direction appeals to all ages in different ways. There is lots of One Direction merchandise for younger kids and tweens, so it seems like they are targeted towards that age group. However, their fandom (the Directioners) are mostly teens and older, and therefore have the ability to be more connected with the band through social media, which the band uses quite a lot, like Twitter during their concerts.

The boys in the band are from about 19-21 right now, so they are definitely evolving their sound as they grow older. However, younger kids will still like it because their songs are catchy and have a good beat, although they may not pay any attention to the lyrics which sometimes can be mature. (Rock Me for example: I want you to hit the pedal/heavy metal/show me you care), but they don't swear or talk about drugs, drinking, or smoking. There is minor language! Muffled in the background of "They Don't Know About Us", one of the boys says "Dam* girl" more than once, but that's the only occasion where they sort of swear.

Although they are choosing to have tattoos and such, they still are good role models. They are polite, respectful, and still pretty clean-cut, although they are going down the route where their sound is going to become edgier and more pop-rock. Sometimes in their interviews, they get cheeky and sometimes swear during concerts, but not very often. They are teenagers, don't forget!

Their songs are still super catchy and fun, great for singing along to. They always have good beats and don't include rapping or a lot of dubstep if that's something you don't like.

As a fan, I would advise others not to get too swept up into their fandom. They have lots of merchandise, some of which is more enticing than others. For example, they have a new perfume called "Our Moment" and lots of official t-shirts and the like that are a little overpriced. Fan-made items or DIY's for One Direction inspired items are out there, so I would reccomend purchasing those if the official merchandise doesn't appeal to you. They have a world tour right now and one coming up, and tickets are much, much sought after and resold for tons more, so keep up with their ticket information if you think you would like to attend one of their concerts.

The fans themselves use lots of social media and are pretty amazing. They make beautiful fan art that you may enjoy looking at or have cool remixes and mashups. However, they are sometimes more mature and aren't afraid to swear or include sexier or racier comments on their blogs, twitters, etc. so watch out.

Overall, One Direction is a fun boy band that appeals to pretty much everyone, but just stay wary as they are older and have an older fanbase compared to what you may think.

Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2013

Perfect for any girl any age! Unless..

Unless the parents have a problem with music about clean teen love. I reccomend all the songs for any age. WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THE SONG "Rock me".

Teen, 13 years old Written byHazzaBoo July 26, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I love One Direction! They're like my most favorite thing in the world right now, and not surprisingly, it's amazing. Although I must say it's a step up from Up All Night, it's more edgier and sexier as mentioned above. Not too bad.

Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2013

Take Me Home, One Direction album

The album was amazing! I enjoyed how it was always something new, and the songs were not the same. Some of the songs are fast and upbeat, while others are slow ballads. The boys don’t sing about inappropriate things. They sing about things that teens can relate to. This I think is what makes adult like and enjoy their music also. I really like it, and can’t find anything bad about this album.

Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 November 1, 2013

not ever worth listening to

I really hope my kids never get in to this crap I wouldn't even call it music there is so much better music out there I hate one direction

Teen, 13 years old Written byDirectioner Forever July 9, 2013

1D is perfect!

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION! All of their cute songs are about love or loving someone who doesn't love you back. (Isn't that adorable?) My favorite songs are Little Things, Loved You First, Change My Mind and Still The One. But they're all perfect. My favorite member is Harry Styles because he is so cute I can't even take it! I love them! Go buy both of their albums.
YOU WON'T REGRET ANYTHING!

Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2013

just lettin u kno u r dealing with a major fan here and i say its fantastic for any age

Teen, 16 years old Written bydancegirl3697 March 8, 2013

Love them!

Im a HUGE Directioner! This album is absolutely amazing! They are such talented boys. For Up All Night album I think it was fine for younger kids to listen to. However, in Take Me Home, there lyrics are a bit more mature. These boysare wonderful, sweet, and romantic. However, I wouldnt let a 10 year old watch any of there interviews!