All member reviews for Unorthodox Jukebox

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Euphoric User January 25, 2013

His Best Album for This Time

Unorthodox Jukebox definitely isn't one for kids. Just, no. But the songs are very altered from Bruno's past makings, they're like songs from the 80's. That's an additional why I love the album so much even with the over usage of words that describe sex, drugs, and drinking. I recommend this for everybody who's mature enough.

Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2013

Sex-fueled vintage hits

The entire album is sex-fueled. Tracks 1, 2, 3, and 8 are about some kind of sex or sex addictions. F**k and b**ch appear a lot. But the music returns to vintage roots, especially in "If I Knew" and "Old And Crazy". It is really good because of this.

Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2013

Unexplored Themes

Unorthodox Jukebox is Bruno Mars' very unexpected album. Since he's set out an image of a romantic icon people figured that this one would be just like Doo-Wops & Hooligans, it is absolutely not. This album explores what it's actually like for the rest of the world Bruno has clearly gone through. With this second album it's, in my opinion, made to really fit its title. With ten tracks of variety it's sure to get people hooked with its 70's MJ pop and Jamaican inspired songs. Learing more about injustice with love, golddigging and sex it sure raises few red flags for younger fans. Aside from how much Unorthodox Jukebox matureness developing it's extremely favorable to just about anybody. An instant classic.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrayjay99 June 2, 2013

Some Explicit Content, Amazing Record

Bruno Mars fully delivers on his sophomore album, though it is darker and contains more sexual content. However, you can never find one track on the album that sounds the same. Mars creates fantastic beats that will be stuck in your head for days. From the 80's sound of tracks like Moonshine, to the semi-dubstep vide of Money Make Her Smile, the reggae vibe of Show Me, and the soulful ballad When I Was Your Man, you go on a complete musical adventure over the course of album. Parents should be aware of extreme sexual content on the track 'Gorilla', which describes in detail a rather wild night fueled by alcohol. The album does contain curse words, but it is mild and limited to only 3 tracks, which only use the words once (except Gorilla, which is by far the most explicit track on the album). The album also contains some positive messages, primarily about Bruno regretting not helping the girl which he loves the most. It can teach a lesson of the value of true love and not to physical items over the power of love (which doesn't have to be spousal love, but also family). Overall, Unorthodox Jukebox is an amazing record with some darker messages.

Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2013

Similar to Eminem's Curtain Call

Okay I guess. Track 3 includes lyrics 'Give it to me motherf-cker' with Natalie says 'Once I get my hands on you Imma - ooh'. Overall - 4/5

Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanlaps October 25, 2013

Money make her smile 7/10 11 and up
If I knew 8/10 10 and up

Kid, 6 years old November 24, 2013

An Umer Made

A great variety of music but many mature stuff. Language, drugs, alcohol and strong scenes of sex.