All teen and kid member reviews for We Don't Have to Whisper

Teen, 17 years old Written byTwombs34 April 9, 2008

AVA

First and foremost whatever "mature" adult gave the content rating for the album needs to do some more research on the CD before the criticize it. The "F word" and hell are nowhere in the lyrics. And a reference to drinking? Tom mentions drinking twice in the cd (AND ONE OF THEM WAS A REFERENCE). And war? Tom preaches about the dark side of war. Popular poets in your childrens liturature books make references to death and suicide. Does this mean you should "guide" your teen not to read the Bible, Watch war based news, or expierence poetry?

Teen, 14 years old Written bymatt_m April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byRyder631 April 4, 2011

WDNTW is not life-changing. It's a good rock album in a time where rock music is dominated by boring, whiny emo poseurs. And as for the content, it doesnt deserve the PA label. There is some war imagery. One use of f--k and two of s--t. "It Hurts" is fairly sexual. Again, does it live up to the hype singer Tom DeLonge gave it? No. Is it worth listening to? Definitely.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Great Band

Blink 182 out, Angels and Airwaves in.
Great band and great songs.

Teen, 14 years old Written byForceUser April 9, 2008

very uplifting...

This is one of the best albums of all time I don't see how you can give it below a 4. There aren't too many swear words and you can't even tell when there are. It has a very good message and it's not bad at all. I think it should be for all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written bystrawbryblondy April 9, 2008

they definately dont whisper their lyrics

the album name is perfect for their close to yelling vocals. the lead singer has a way cool voice (which i still cant get over). its almost as if hes singing his heart out cause it sounds like hes almost pushing too hard (key word almost..) all in all they are a cool band with meaning full lyrics (and they obviously know how to treat a girl) and im suprised they havent become very popular yet...

Kid, 12 years old Written bySugino3 April 9, 2008

At first I hated this band...

But when I took the time to listen through We Don't Need To Whisper, I saw it for what it was: blink-182 calmed down. The CD really doesn't need a PA with 2 uses of s--t and 1 use of f--k, and all are hard to understand unless you're paying attention. My only real problem with the album are the long intros and small amount of instruments played by the band themselves in those minute long introductions. But once you get around that you can really here the CD. It's considered a concept album about love on the battlefield, and their newer album I-Empire is a continuation of that idea. Tom DeLonge speaks out against violence and teaches that sometimes you can't always trust everybody. It really is good, and if the small amount of language actually bothers you, buy the edited version.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

It seriously grows on you

When the CD came out, I just thought it was ok, but after a few times through, it really grows on you. Tom's familiar voice is nice to hear in a softer mood, and I think the melding of the songs actually works well and (I guess) does lower your heart-rate, though I never did all that other stuff like lighting candles. I have to agree with the puzzlement over how this is a PA, especially since some CDs are much worse and aren't. Content amounts to one f-bomb, and two uses of s*** for language-- and yes they say those, the kid below probably just got the edited CD and didn't realize it. Sexuality is more than just innuendo, as CSM makes it sound, with references to sweating bodies and the such. There really isn't much violence, and when taken into context (anti-war), I really can't give it a yellow. So if you're like me and you bought the CD when it came out because Tom was in it but didn't like it (I used to agree with the two stars), just give it a few chances, and it'll grow on you. (Though I do not agree with them being the best band ever at all, but everyone has their preferences)

Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

You Have Got to be Kidding Me

"Pretty anti-social" and "These guys sound cynical and depressed." Are you kidding me? I LOVE AvA! Amazing band! AvA inspires and sings about real things! In my opinion, this is their best album. Real music. Real feeling. Yes, they say a few f-bombs and other minor language. Doesn't every band nowadays? Another one of my favorite bands! Don't listen to the criticism, it is completely worth buying.

Teen, 17 years old Written bypitpens9091 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bydelfin April 9, 2008

good

the song "Rite of Spring" is the only song that cusses and it says the F word and the S word but the rest of the cd is clean

Teen, 17 years old Written byHennex December 27, 2011

Reviewer is ignorant, wrong.

The first sign that whoever wrote this is an idiot: The album is called "We Don't Need to Whisper", not "We Don't Have to Whisper".

One of the main lines in one song is "I think I like today. I think it's good." That's pretty depressing, right? The song is called Good Day.

Depression and Hopelessness? That's absolutely false. So many uplifting themes. The war imagery? It isn't violent, it's just a perspective on the war inside people's heads. But a lot of it focuses on finding inner peace. The reviewer was clearly ignorant of all themes on this album. Even the title.

Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

This is why I got grounded once...

I got grounded once for listening to this album.