All member reviews for The Adventures of Milo and Otis

A lovable pet tale about friendship despite differences.

Parent Written bymr jag January 1, 2011

One of our favorites

Good for the 4-yo and the 10-yo, too. Enjoyable movie.

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bysandnmommy September 3, 2010

sweet movie

It can be a bit scary but overall my kids enjoy it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybongos October 27, 2009

the worst

boring dum stupid worst film ever

Teen, 13 years old Written byryan frost November 9, 2010

good for ages 3 and up even most adults!

i loved it since i was 5 and despite what people say it wasnt scary to little kids its really not it keeps them on the edge wondering what will happen to the cute little orange cat

Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled July 28, 2010

OK

HI67, It's cuz the Jonas Brothers asked Miley and Lily their names and they answered Milo and Otis. Anyway, the movie is OK, but it can easily scare little kids.

Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byannefessler November 24, 2009

Not recommended

While it is a cute tale, the cats used to play Milo clearly were put in harm's way for filming numerous times. Milo was filmed plummeting off a cliff and going over a waterfall in a box. These scenes were shot from far enough away that we can see that there are not crew members nearby to rescue the cat if need be. We rented this without realizing the controversy surrounding it.

Adult Written byRobertM April 9, 2008

One of our family's favorite movies!

This is one of the best children's movies about animals there is. Even adults can enjoy it. There is one scene where a brown bear threatens the cat but the dog "fights" him off. The fighting is not much more than splashing but some children may find this a little scary. Other than that this is a great film.

Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bykbierma May 13, 2011

A delightfully sweet movie for kids, enjoyable for adults, too.

My daughter was delighted with this movie. This is almost like a documentary story. There are no humans, just animals and a man's voice as the narrator through the whole movie. The scenery is beautiful and the animal characters are engaging.

Kid, 10 years old Written byanimalfanplus101 December 4, 2010

No one could hate this

I'm speechless about this film.It's one of the best movies in the world! I'm an animal lover ( a really big one) and I have to say cute,heartwarming,funny,and adventurous.There are some scariness like a bear trying to get Milo's food, and returns for revenge, but in a funny way.And seagulls biting Milo when he tries to steal their eggs.But anyway,no animal was harmed making this film.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byjbella April 13, 2011

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

i love milo and otis.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byAmyWP September 8, 2010

Preschool daughter adores this movie

My 3.5-year old daughter loves this movie! She adores animals and she appreciates the friendship that develops between Milo & Otis. When she gets a little older, I plan to talk with her about how the movie was filmed and the controversy surrounding live animal performances.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe September 14, 2010

I LOVED this movie when I was younger and still find it charming, although now that I'm older some of the scenes do worry me. There are several scenes which clearly put the animals playing these characters are put in harms way. There are scenes of finding mates and having children but there isn't anything graphic. Overall still a wonderful story for children.

Kid, 8 years old Written byHI67 September 26, 2009

Good for everyone

This automatically reminded me of that episode (in Hannah Montana) of when Hannah Montana meets the Jonas Brothers. I don't know why. I think I remember, but I can't place a name... And I liked the movie.

Parent of a 2, 4, and 5 year old Written byyushluv September 5, 2010

heart warming story

Teen, 13 years old Written bymarcanthony86 March 18, 2011

MILO AND OTIS

IT IS A AWESOME MOVIE AND I USED TO CRY ALL THE TIME WHEN I SAW IT. GOOD FOR ALL AGES FROM 2 TO 200 IT IS A GOOD MOVIE

Kid, 11 years old Written byTheBookWorm101 January 27, 2010

Great for little kids

This movie was defenetly not the best. It's silent for most of the time. I bet if I was near 4 or 3 I'd love it!

Parent Written byRKrieg June 20, 2011

Cruelty to animals

This film is delightful to watch, until you realize all the cruelty that was certainly in play during the making of it. Real cats and dogs are depicted suffering and fighting for their lives against real opponents, situations engineered by the filmmakers. Children listening to the narration will not be aware of what is really going on, but it is obvious to any adult observer -- especially when the kitten is flung off a 40-foot cliff into the ocean, or at the top of a tree trying to evade a snake.

Use your "common sense" and don't support this film.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAdriana62 July 11, 2010

cuteness

I remember seeing this as a kid and I loved it. I love animals :D

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 22, 2012

the adventures of milo and otis

Families can talk about the friendship between Milo and Otis. How is it special? How did they prove their loyalty to one another? What lessons can we learn from them?

What do you think about the allegations that the filmmakers endangered animals in the making of this movie? Does that change your experience of the film? Does it make you less likely to watch or recommend it?

Teen, 13 years old Written byshanno15 May 25, 2009

My review

This movie was adorable with an capital A, there is no foul launguage from the narrator whos telling the story of the survival of Milo the cat, and a pug puppy named Otis. There are a few scenes with MIlo and Otis finding mates and having kids, but nothings graphic or shown its very clean.