Parent reviews for 24

24 Poster Image

Nudity on primetime?

Wow. Missed it on prime time? Fox. I can't say I remember them allowing nudity on prime time. I GUESS THE ORIGINAL WASNT GOOD ENOUGH. They just had to add it. Well on to something else. Parents be aware. Should be TV MA

How is this TV-14??

As anyone who has seen the show will tell you, “24” is very addictive, so much so that if you introduce kids to it, they will get hooked. It’s rated TV-14, and while sex and swearing are not explicit, the violence, torture, and gore is excessive enough to earn a TV-MA. Women and children are endangered, and several times throughout the show (starting in S2), Jack cuts dead or dying men open to get evidence from their stomachs, and these scenes are some of the most graphic. People are tortured with chainsaws, killed with pens to the throat, nearly asphyxiated, and water boarded, just to name some of what you will see. To be fair, Jack is a man who works tirelessly to save his loved ones and country, and more often than not, it’s a thankless job. This is heroic, but he also believes “the ends justify the means”, so he will do absolutely whatever it takes to accomplish his mission or avenge/saved loved ones. This is an adrenaline-fueled action rollercoaster that does not let up, but it’s best suited for adults and older teens. Not for the squeamish.

Only for adults

The description on this site doesn't line up with what's on screen. To say "somewhat bloodless" is a joke considering 24 has many visuals akin to watching straight gore. The countless scenes of violence would be most accurately described as "a lot of blood and torture". Also, "discussion of sex is common" should be changed to "short sex scenes and multiple rapes". The forced heroin use on a minor is concerning to say the least. I'm over 18 but certainly wouldn't want my 17-year-old sibling to watch. I'm baffled as to how this got a TV-14 rating instead of TV-MA.

SA Trigger Warning: TONS of sexual assault in Season 1, keep kids away and adults be aware of what you'll have to see, repeatedly.

Do NOT let your kids watch this, and anyone who needs a SA Trigger Warning should be advised to skip Season 1. I am shocked that the Violence and Sex ratings don't adequately warn about all the sexual assault talked about, and shown. In the first season, a family struggles with the r**e of their daughter, discussed every episode using the term r*** which is rough to hear over and over again. Even worse, Jack's wife, daughter, and daughter's friend are all kidnapped and continually assaulted, including a very obvious r*** scene that isn't technically shown, but is absolutely still very traumatizing. Blood and guts and gun violence were all expected, but not this intensity of SA. Really disturbing, please think twice before letting anyone under 18, or anyone who has been through SA, watch this. I haven't gotten past Season 1 yet so I don't know about subsequent seasons but I can't imagine they'll be SA-free.

Okay but disturbing

So I I have been wanting to watch this for year because of friends and family’s rave reviews. Let me just say I would never let my child under 18 watch this. As an adult I’m disturbed. We are half way through season 1 and multiple crude sex scenes, hard core drug use and violence. I personally am not disturbed by violence however the use of drug and sex with minors in the show is difficult to watch as a parent. I am definitely sensitive to this as a person but again I just wish I was warmed!! In the past I had seen 3-5 episodes later in series and only thing was violence. So maybe it’s just certain seasons but be warned!

It's a great TV show for all people above 16 at least.

It's a pretty good show. It's a thriller and it manges to keep you at the edge of your seat; fast paced story never bores you down. Some violence and some partial nudity / sex scenes throughout.

Tightrope

It's a joke. Lies about it's programing. Very biased.

Best TV Show Ever!

24 has lots of moderate violence (blood in the show is very rare, but there are some torture scenes which have blood). There are some uses of drugs but they are very rare throughout the show. There are some sex scenes but they are very rare and easily skipped. There are no uses of F**k, but son of a B**ch and Bast**d are commonly used. If watching S1 Ep1 note this isn't the standard for the rest of the show (there are 2 sex scenes in the first episode).

Violence, sex, and drugs

For mature people. Should be rated M.

Violent and drug use

Very violent. Constant shooting a killing plus torture and minors taking drugs.