Parent reviews for A League of Their Own

A League of Their Own TV show poster

Let me preface this by saying I knew an All American Girl League player and I appreciate that this series tells their stories in more depth. That being said, this is a 13 plus series in my opinion. The TV series goes much more in depth with the lives and identities of the players than the movie. I say it's a 13 and up as it does have romantic kissing between women, but honestly it's just kissing. Just think about how much kissing between men and women your kids have seen on TV. A lot. There is one deen where the lead character is dreaming about making out w her husband and another woman. Not something I woukd usually watch with my kids. There are two scenes with a woman I'm her bra but it's like old school bra and covers everything. Anyway, we are a two mom family so I could see if same gendered kissing wasn't normalized in your home that might be weird to watch, even with your 13 year old. But what this sereis has that is SO important is the actual stories of gender inequality and racial segregation that was washed out of the cheesy version. I will definitely have my.kods watch when they are older.
6 people found this helpful.
This take on the classic 1992 movie, is without a doubt an unapologetic dive into the history many refuse to talk about. We see the struggles and exclusion of African American women that the movie glossed over. We see the inevitable congregation of queer women when professional baseball is a possibility. Despite the potential for being “too woke”, the series covers the much needed and accurate representation of these minorities. With this rendition of A League of Their Own, we get the comedic feel that we all love from the original film with so much more. Be advised there are some scenes that may be inappropriate for children of a young age. However, I would let my children watch.
6 people found this helpful.
5 people found this helpful.

Nope.

It is entirely about sex there’s barely any baseball in it. One of the episodes starts off with nothing but sex. It should be rated R. My son is almost 18 and we watch all kinds of stuff (even rated R) so I’m not some prude. It was a great opportunity to make a quality family show but no.

4 people found this helpful.

An improvement to the movie, no sex/nudity

Much more family friendly than the first one. Zero sex scenes or nudity. Historically accurate depictions of marginalized communities. Much more accurate portrayal of the women who played in the League. There's implied sex (aka making out then scene ends, implying sex happenedbut thats it), but no sex. There's zero nudity. There is police violence against the lgbtq+ community, which while heartbreaking, is also accurate for the time period. There is smoking and very occasional drinking. No drug use.

3 people found this helpful.

Nothing like the original movie.

Original was great. This is nothing like it. Adult topics and not meant for kids under 16.

3 people found this helpful.
same sex flirting, heavy makeout sessions, foul language

2 people found this helpful.

Disappointing!

1 person found this helpful.