Parent reviews for Adventure Time

Adventure Time Poster Image

Unfair Reviews

I felt that this review was a little unfair to the show. There are definitely positive messages in the show. Finn and Jake are always helping princesses and are against doing anything they consider immoral. The show also promotes science, math and music to kids. Princess Bubblegum is always using science and math to create cool things and save the day, and Marcelline the Vampire Queen is always writing songs and jamming with Finn and Jake. Jake also plays the viola. This show makes these things seem cool to kids. I can understand if you don't view Jake and Finn as positive role models just because they are younger, but I would have to say that Princess Bubblegum is definitely a positive role model in this show. Once again parents who've seen two minutes of the show or know very little about it have made an entire generalization on it based on little knowledge. But that's America for you. I let my child watch this show, I have no problem with it. I hope the show expands her imagination and encourages her to enjoy science, math and music.

7 people found this helpful.

A Memory That Will Not Be Forgotten

This shows is hands down the best Cartoon show ever. It's fun, intelligent, Different, and Creative. This Series shows what's its like growing up as a boy and has good HARD lessons in life. It's also great in adult jokes and has that dark cartoon network bit of feel. I'll always watch this show now and forever.
2 people found this helpful.

this IS a kids show you strict parents

This IS a kids show anyone who says its 13+ is way to strict the worst thing in the program is a tiny bit of violence

Very good show but has words like “sexy”

It’s a really funny show and super detailed but sometimes it has words like “sexy” and in one episode Finn gets captured by gnomes and they make him do a “sexy pole dance”

It’s amazing.

Amazing.

Surprisingly deep show for all ages

The start of this show grabs kids in with its colour and comedy, but as it progresses it starts to get very deep. By the end of it I was starting to question my existence. However, kids seem to not be bothered by these themes, and that's what matters. I think these deeper themes are what kids nowadays need, as making children think, whilst not getting too dark, is what is important in modern day society. Some parents apparently have issues with words like 'suck', 'frick' and 'lump' which I do not understand at all. While yes, they are put in the place of profanity, unless your kids are home-schooled they've learnt worse at 6 years old. These words are also never said in anger, which makes me personally see them as totally fine for children. There is mild violence, however violence is always portrayed as a negative when on living creatures. This is far better than shows like Loony Tunes and Tom and Jerry. In my opinion, more children's media should be like Adventure Time. I would reccommend watching the show with your child, partly in case they don't undersrand something, and partly for your own enjoyment in the later seasons.

funny to watch

Adventure Time is funny! It has video game type vibes and is funny. Its rated PG so not sure why people are reviewing it saying its not good for young kids, follow the rating or watch with your kids. I don't see anything wrong with this show.