Parent reviews for All American

All American Poster Image

Great Storyline but HIGHLY sexualized

It’s easy to fall in love with the characters and the storyline of this show but it’s not for younger teens at all, in my opinion. It’s hard to think that anyone would allow a 13 or 14 year old to watch some of the extremely suggestive scenes of teenagers getting naked together or actually having sex. It’s a shame that Netflix had to make it this racy.
2 people found this helpful.

Went woke!

Sex, stereotyping, NOT for KIDS

This is an adult series about teens. Personally, I find it distasteful.

Today's Society

One of the BEST series I have seen today that tackles everyday issues in our society. Example: Upper class, poverty, infidelity, children being raised with a silver spoon vs children that has to work hard for what they want etc.

Not for Christian Families

If you are a Christian parent I would not recommend letting your kids watch this and I'm not sure I would watch it either. Unfortunately It's full of homosexuality, woke social justice propaganda suggested approval of premarital sexuality. It would really be a great show if it didn't include these things.

Life lessons outweigh typical teen drama

Not only is this show well written( on Season 1), but it does a very good job of keeping the story line engaging yet still managing to instill morality without being preachy. Some of the other reviews surprised me by their emphasis on sexual content, but I actually think compared to many teen driven shows, the sex is downplayed. I thought they did a wonderful job of striking a balance on life lessons vs stereotyping teen drama. Character development and acting are on point. I have no problem letting my 13 year old watch this.

NOT FOR MINORS!

This is an over sexed TV show about high school students however it is not good viewing for minors. The high school students act more like college juniors, seniors and young adults in their mid to late twenties and they are full of different levels of drama. Like NO ONE is happy in this show. Hate to think kids are watching this and in some way being influenced.

A good show that teaches good morals

In my opinion, this show is one of the best out there for anyone, whether you are a football player interested in watching a show about football, a black person lookin for good morals to teach your kids, or any other person regardless of race looking for a good show or a show to teach them about the importance of black culture and what comes along with it. Other than the morality side of things, this show is a good show about a football player and how his life changes and how his life is as a black teen in America.

Really good show with a few flaws

It has an amazing 1st season with Spencer involved with football and having to deal with his pops leaving but it feels like he’s invoked with every storyline which does get kinda annoying. Tyrone is one of my favorite characters, him and cool have this thing going on throughout the season where coop wants to take out Tye which makes for some interesting scenes. Then there’s Beverly Hills which is drama relationships and football which is mostly what the shows about. If your looking for something to watch at home during quarantine I would highly recommend all American