All teen and kid member reviews for Austin & Ally

Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

Umm...

I admit, I will watch this show. I will tolerate the irrational characters and plot. I do not like it. Let's start off with Austin: First of all, he acts like a two year old. He whines, complains, and it is indicated that he doe not do homework. He gives no credit to Ally, and he 'accidentally' stole Ally's song, Double Take. 'Nuff said.
Second, Ally. Don't get me wrong, Ally is more tolerable than any of the others. The display of her would be humor is demeaning to girls (or boys) who want an education. She is teased because of her smarts. Her father is never aware of her, and he is a cheapskate. Her mother is supportive.
Trish. Her ability to have a new job every two days is utterly annoying. She is rude and brings people down. She displays hardly enough affection for her best friend!
Last character, Dez. He believes a zombie apocalypse is coming. As does his rival, Chuck. He is an aspiring director. Dez is as dumb as a stick. The corresponding Copper Top Flop shows are overrated.
The consumerism. R-5. Soundtracks. Clothes. Ugh!
As for the sex, there is talk about dating boyfriends, girlfriends, hot.
There is no swearing, but see Trish above.

Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2014

Miss the Old Disney

I can't really watch this show without being bored. Same plot as every other new Disney show. A talented person (Austin), a smart person (Ally), the best friend (Trish), and the weirdo (Dez). There is dating but that's not really what makes the show bad. Disney is just trying to get tweens and teens to like it more. Also its way too predictable, Austin can't write a song for some reason then something humiliating happens and they all live happily ever after. I miss Raven, Phil of the Future, and The Proud Family.

Kid, 9 years old February 13, 2014

ACTUALLY THERE IS SEXY STUFF D:

well ally fell in love with austin and turn out to have drama and jealousy stuff in there and there is a kissing part but a guy named Dez covers the kiss

Teen, 14 years old Written bycaytlynn February 10, 2014

So stupid...

The actors are terrible and the script is terrible. Everything about this show is terrible. I don't know what's happened to Disney lately, but every single show on there is awful! I really wish they had good shows for kids 5-12 to watch instead of this trash.

Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

austin and ally

7 come on i'm ten and i can barely get through one eposode very funny story about an unlikely freind ship BEWARE that the later episodes contain fliriting and kissing

Teen, 17 years old Written byCinnamonpaws December 16, 2013

I want the old Austin and Ally back!

I honestly think you shouldn't bother. When this show first aired, the show was about music, getting over fears, etc. But after a while, Austin and Ally start dating, which changes the series (at least in my opinion). Now all I see when I watch the show is drama, kissing, and almost nothing to do with music. And, in my opinion, Ally has worn nothing but TIGHT, short skirts/dresses, and this is coming from A 13 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!! My point is, I want the OLD austin and ally back!!!

Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2013

hate this show

Ally writes the songs and works with her dad at his instrument store. She is a good role model, BUT there is Trish who can't keep a job, Austin who has his mind set on girls and fame and Dez is just Dez. In the Begging Austin actually takes ADVANTAGE of Ally and steals her song. And gives her credit for it by embarrassing her with her stage fright. It is just one of those Disney shows.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIndigo Code November 24, 2013

My Apparent Selenophobia and the "Faultless" Austin Moon

Credit where credit is due, it's got a lot of pretty colors, but that won't save the show from it's glaringly atrocious drawbacks. For what it has in flashy go-go lights, it lacks in stunning quality and originality. But let's step aside so I can ask you a few rhetorical questions--What's the premise of Nickelodeon' sitcom "How to Rock"? A group of teenagers take part in the music industry. How about "Big Time Rush"? A group of teenagers take part in the music industry. How about "Victorious" or the lesser known Cartoon Network series "Groj Band"? A group of teenagers take part in the music industry. Now, dearest friend, what's the premise of Austin & Ally? The show is also abundant in one-dimensional characters, although they're--in the least--dynamic, and they're not as appalling as some other attempts at child recreational broadcasting. Here, in this magical, parentless world of guitar riffs, we have the "dainty flower", the "charming, ethical instantaneous rock-star prince", the "tough as your grandmother's fruitcake bad-chick, and your "butt-monkey". Honestly, Disney, you can do better than that. But let's not for get the "Bella Swan-esque" name: "Austin Moon". Now, I'm not a picky person when it comes to names, a sling as it's not too extravagant or Mary-Sue-ish. But if you have a main character with "gorgeous" looks, a "gorgeous" personality, /and/ a "gorgeous" name, it makes me scream, "Faultless!". And we all know, a character without any kind of faults is a boring piece of cardboard that you can't relate to in any way, which makes some children extremely insecure about their looks. Why couldn't they just use some common (but not at all undesirable) surnames like "Fredrickson", or "Callaghan", "Lowrie", "Otten", "Rickey", "Griffiths", or even fricking "Halifax" for that matter? But the "all too beautiful" names stick out like a sore thumb. The music--which in this case should be decent if it's their theme--is mediocre at best, for it sounds like Austin is talking in rhymes to his insurance agents while music just happens to be in the background. And I know they're teenagers, and I know it's Disney, but life isn't all just riding to the beach or having a non-alcoholic party (not that it's wrong to not have alcohol at a party). Life just isn't that... funky as your songs put it. Now that I think about it... why do so many Disney stars have such maddening voices? I understand that not everybody has the voice of Morgan Freeman or Kevan Brighting, but surely you can hire less squeaky people for your show... can you? ... I don't know anymore... So there you have it. Austin & Ally is just another faceless portrait on the Wall of Shame and Shallowness. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to bake a Black Forest Cake while singing a nonsensical song by an emotionally chaotic A.I., which has better vocal talent than most television cast members. ~ Addio!

Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2013

Austin & Ally

Dah, I love Austin & Ally!! This show is very funny and it even saved someone's life (long story). The actors are very good and i love them. Laura Marano (who plays Ally) is the Trick-Or-Treat for UNICEF Ambasador. There is nothing to worry about your kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterMelon813Yo October 26, 2013

Great Show!

When this show first came out it was actually cheesy and had bad acting but when season 2 came it improved. it has postive messages about friendships, following your dreams and great catchy music with good messages in the songs. Its a really inspiring show my favorite characters are all of them each person as their own unique talent ally: writing music Austin: Singing dez: Directing Trish: Being a good leader and dez adds comedy to the show he is hilarious. The only thing about this show i disklike is Ally always writing songs for austin he always excpect for her to write the songs wich gets annoying. But overall great acting, interesting story line and too top it off austin and ally are beggining to have feelings for eachother wich really tops it off .this show and good luck charlie and gravity falls are one of Disneys best shows since Hannah montana, wizards, suite life, etc ended. reccomened for 7+.

Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2013

Great!!!

This show is really funny and good because it has lots of jokes. Ally and Austin also show that you have to work hard to get what you want. I love this show and think it´s just fine for kids 8 and up.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessOso16 September 16, 2013

I love this show

So far I've read the first page of the kid reviews and the first page of the adult reviews and I've not seen any good reviews, I don't think it's that bad though, infact I love watching Austin and Ally and i'm 16 years old. There is nothing innapropriate for even the youngest person watching Disney Channel [I'm fine with my 4 year old brother watching this with me] and I just enjoy watching the show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhaley28 September 7, 2013

Not a bad show at all!

I personally think its a good show but they use concepts sometimes that might be difficult for little kids to understand! I honestly only watch the show because Ross Lynch is in it! Im a huge fan of R5 so i like being able to see one of the members on tv! Not to mention he is REALLY good looking ;)

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn September 2, 2013

Hate.

I really hate this show along with the other teen sitcoms on Disney nowadays. By the way guys, I am leaving this account and coming back as Oldnickelodeon34, so check me out there.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLifeOfADancer September 1, 2013

Good show for little kids

Yes, I agree... it's just another Disney music show and I don't like how they ONLY focus on music on Disney nowadays. Sure they have other shows too but the most popular Disney shows are about music. Don't get me wrong, I love music. I'm a singer and dancer and I also play the flute but maybe some kids want to watch shows about other stuff? I always liked The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and The Wizards of Waverly Place over Hannah Montana. But I think Austin and Ally is not as bad as some of the other Disney Shows. I think it's probably quite entertaining for a8 year old or something... It's not for teens that's for sure but I don't see the point why kids shouldn't watch it. Austin only tries to achieve his dreams and Ally is shy and wants to help him. They're the perfect match in a way, you know. I think it's a good show for kids which tells you to follow your dreams. And I have to admit... the music is pretty catchy...

Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Silly; almost too much

Yay, another Disney show centered around music! Wait... WHAT? This concept is getting old. These days it seems as though Disney thinks that about 75% of its actors can sing. Think again, guys. Austin (Lynch) is an okay singer, though his career bloomed from him stealing a song, which is a wrong lesson to teach kids. Ally (Marano) is the dignified teen of the bunch, who is mature and seems to know when there's a problem and how to fix it. Trish (Rodriguez... sister of Rico who plays Manny in Modern Family!) is very lazy and wears rather ridiculous costumes for each new job she has, which switches each episode. At first the dress-up was cute, but now it's really getting old. You don't wear a hot dog hat and an ugly apron for working at a restaurant. You wear regular clothes. And then Dez (what the heck type of name is that?) who is played by Worthy, is very mediocre. This dumb redhead is almost unrealistic with his stupidity and ugly clothing. He just seems to add a bit of light comedy to the show. Otherwise it would just be about music and jobs. Dez is just... well, it's hard to explain. I like how this takes place in Miami, Florida. Finally, the East Coast! I live north of this state and have actually been in Florida. Overall, Austin & Ally is a cute, silly show and it is worth watching an episode or two.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoyfulThinker August 16, 2013

Role models, music, and lessons but some things to look out for!

Austin & Ally has become cleaner and more organized. The actors and actresses have become more comfortable in their characters and the show overall has improved from its first season. Ally has maintained her character as a shy girl who can blurt out life messages at a moments notice. Ally's style has changed and I like how the writers made the character less shy than before without her bursting with confidence. It's obvious that Austin and Dez have made an impact on her. Austin is the same also, still a child at heart. I think Dez's character is meant for teaching kids to be themselves. His random toaster appearances. however, have disappeared thankfully. Trish is still lazy and has a terrible work ethic but she has learned to take her job as Austin's manager seriously. Although we have Ally as a good role model, the others add comedic affect. With Austin's career taking off the team is facing new challenges. The comedy has its moments but it isn't the best. I didn't like how the writers made Ally and Austin become a "couple". I enjoyed the idea of how a boy and a girl can be best friends without any romantic notions. Enjoy but look out for any toaster appearances ;-)! Happy watching!

Teen, 13 years old Written byHazzaBoo July 26, 2013

Funny Show.

This is about the only tolerable show on Disney Channel. I think it's funny, Dez's quirkiness makes it funnier. The only downside is that it has the same plot as every other show. music.

Kid, 12 years old Written byprettygurl0085 June 9, 2013

What r u guys talking about

I think Austin and Ally is a good show for kids to watch It teaches about friendship and. the only thing i don't like about it is that Trish seems to have a new job every day but it is kind of funny.Ally is a really good rule model for young kids she cares about her education and dose not get to raped up in boys come on my mom lets my 3 year old nice watch it it is a good show

Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2013

Amazing sitcom with great messages!

Okay, here is an honest review on Austin & Ally. First of all, there are, like, so many complaints on here that Disney keeps on doing music shows. Remember that in every Disney movie, there are like so many songs and that's what creates the magic of Disney. Sure, music is a LITTLE overdone in Disney Channel, but music seems to be appealing to young people of today. And you also want old Disney back. Of course, at some points we do, but enjoy that we at least HAVE a Disney Channel! How about Hannah Montana? That was a music show, and rarely anyone really complained. Let me start talking about Austin & Ally. This show really display a true boy-girl relationship. I love how although the duo are SO different, they work very well together. This show really inspires children to follow their dreams, I mean, it helped me follow my own! The team helps Austin become a famous singer and I love how their friendship works. The show is so clean, with no inappropriate talk like other CERTAIN Disney Channel shows and great messages. Children can relate to the issues the team has to go through. Austin is NOT lazy at all; he does help Ally with writing songs and such. He's just a little naive, that's all, and it adds to the humor of the show. Ally is a hard worker and is very intelligent, and can inspire kids to do their very best in everything. She isn't a boring character, and does not try to be too fun, she just wants to be herself. Trish can't really cause kids to become lazy, that doesn't make any sense! And Dez is just, well...Dez. But this show is my favorite show on Disney Channel and I love every episode. Although...I DO have some rather...negative things to say. I do feel like the whole "internet sensation" thing was a bit rushed, like it was so instant. Ally was being sort of a pushover when asked to become Austin's songwriter, but it wasn't like her was pressuring her so much. Yes, like any other Disney show, the laugh track plays a LOT. I mean, A LOT. But it's not so overbearing that your ears want to burst. Otherwise I would give this amazing sitcom an A!