All teen and kid member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition March 8, 2011

Easily one of the best shows Nick has ever put out.

Sadly, I haven't watched this show in years, so I don't remember all the major plot points. Aang, the protagonist in our story, is the last of the airbenders. He is discovered frozen in ice by siblings Katara and Sokka of the Southern water tribe, and they soon after realize he is the last airbender, and therefore the last person to become the peacekeeper of their land- The Avatar. As they journey across the land to teach Aang the 4(?) elements, they meet up with benders of their respective elements, and all team up and travel together.
Yes, there are fighting scenes, the main antagonist through most of the series if a member of the fire tribe- Prince Zukko. The elements are martial arts are woven together so cleanly, and is a different and interesting fighting style.
Sex stuff is of not much concern, the only kiss I can remember was in the final episode.
This show is great. It is a must watch. You can access episodes via Youtube, Mega Video, or the Nicktoons channel.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJusticeSeeker March 5, 2011

Excellent in almost every shape and form

It's no wonder that this show won an Emmy. Avatar: The Last Airbender is the most detailed, intellegant, and artistic show I've ever come across. All of the characters have a complex personality, the works of the Avatar obviously had a lot of thought and creativity, the fighting styles are based on real ones, and it has humar! I see really no reason as to why NOT to show this to your child. It teaches morals as well, which is important, yet they don't nag about it, which makes it a great show. Even though a majority of the show contains fighting, it's at a respectful tone, and people are only occasionally hurt. Yes, deaths do accure, but usually off screen, or meantioned in the past. For sexual refrenses, there is a few kissing scenes, and that's it. This show even tells how even the most 'evil' of characters, can turn out to be only misguided. And there are almost ALWAYS second chances on the show, as well as mercy and forgivness, and this is something our world really needs to realize and understand, especially the young ones, who are hearing a lot of nasty things in the media.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight December 26, 2010

Best. Series. Ever.

This show is just. plain. awesome. The story is deep and clever, they thought the whole thing through, it shows all of the charaters side of the story. The bending is modeled by real marshal arts! The violence isn't very bad at all, but its exciting (not in a bad way) There is a part where they show 13 year old Zuko about to be burned by his father, and it turns to the audience (his sister, uncle Iroh, and Zhao) as he screams. You can understand the characters and relate to them. It shows the 'villans' have their reasons, and are truely just lost, and it shows the 'lucky' aren't that lucky after all. 12 year old Aang is really respectful, peaceful, but nervious to face his destany, but he does it for the great or good for the world. Katara is a good motherly figure for a 14 year old, she is very smart though sometimes her temper and stubborness gets in the way. Sokka is the jokster (sometimes without meaning to be) And as the oldest of the group (15) he is the navigater and planner. Toph is a blind 12 year old earthbender who's parents were overbaring. It shows shes much tougher than her parents and most others would think, in fact she's basicly the toughest of the group. Zuko is a troubled 16 year old prince of the fire nation, first made out to be the 'bad guy' when he is really just doing what is father told him to do (his father isn't the 'best' father out there, so to speak) and on his quest to find the Avatar, his uncle Iroh (the tea loving wiseman that we love) guides him. His younger sister Azula is infact one of the most evil characters on there, though it shows her instory as well, showing she isn't as lucky and perfect as shes made out to be. Even though she's favored by her father. So, as I'm saying, the creaters thought everything through. And what's rare is, THEY ACTUALLY FINISHED THE SERIES.

Kid, 10 years old Written byRoronoaZoro9 April 17, 2010

Great show

I LOVE Avatar. Me and cousins are obsessed with it. When we were young, we used to pretend we were airbenders. This show is funny, fun-filled and epic.

Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L July 30, 2009

One of the few good shows on Nickelodeon~

Another great show on Nickelodeon that even older teens like. It may have had humor that wouldn't be offensive to younger viewers, but it was still funny. It had a great plot, great characters, and some great action scenes. The comedy didn't interfere with the action either. I don't remember any blood, but a few characters died. There wasn't any language and no sex; there was romance, but it was very clean and healthy. Great show for kids and teens.

Kid, 10 years old Written byBlueRocks360 June 12, 2009

Can't wait till the movie!

It was great and I can't wait for the movie!
However, the pairings/couples were a bit confusing and hard to understand.
Frustrating.
Violence is mild, just scars basically.

Teen, 13 years old Written byT.V. Review Cri... May 20, 2011

This show use to be one of my favorite shows when i was 7-11 years old. still is.

Kid, 10 years old Written bycoco sierra May 20, 2011

i would watch avatar till the day i die

Kid, 10 years old Written bylilly333 October 6, 2010

great show.

BEST SHOW ON NICK. It's really funny sometimes. It has positive messages, and people usually don't die, they might fall into water or something. :) anyway it's on my favorite shows list

Kid, 12 years old Written bydracomalfoylover325 May 7, 2011

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! Even my mom likes it. There are very good role models and positive messages. As the series goes on there is more kissing and other romanticness (Aang and Katara kiss a few times and Zoku is seen kissing Mai rather frequently, there are some scenes where Mai and Zuko are laying on a couch cuddling, girls wear bikinis in the water, talk of boys and dating) but it's all very tame. There are some fighting scenes but keep in mind that it is a cartoon about martial arts. The Gaang are chased by people who want to capture them; including Zuko who until the final season, wants to capture Aang.

Overall I give this cartoon an 100 out of 10!!

Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperg April 9, 2008

this show is awsome!!!

wow this show is by far the best cartoon ive ever seen. everyonr is my family loves it and cant wait for the new season. if u havent seen it i highly think u should give it a chance ull love it!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old Written byrobomonkeyfan April 9, 2008

This show is great!

This show is very good. Toph is awesome! (She does not appear until season 2, though)

Teen, 16 years old Written byCheyko April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old Written byApricotstarP April 9, 2008

You always want to know what happens next!

I thought this show was amazing and dramatic. The story-line is outstanding and you always want to know what happens next. I would recomend this show to children because it is not junk that kills your brain, it is a spiritual and cool show.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWoohoohoohoo April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byaang93 April 9, 2008

The best

This series is the best because the story progresses nicely and the characters are
the best. So this is The best show ever!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Wow, didn't think it could be done

Avatar the Last Air Bender- an animated show on Nick supposedly for younger children. The great thing about this show is that it's NOT only for younger.
It is a well made show and has a great plot: A land made of Air, Fire, Water, and Air benders becomes dangerous when the fire benders decide to raid the other benders, the only one who is strong enough to stop them is the Avatar, or a person with all bending skills.

it is a well made show and is better than I could expect.

stars: 5
not for 9 and under (violence)

Kid, 12 years old Written byAvatarboy April 9, 2008

i cried and laughed all together!

I think that Avatar is a show that Parents should allow their kids to watch. It combinds childish nature to entertain kids while teaching the many different qualities that are important in life. This show is great for kids of the age rating listed in the beggining, TV Y7, for some low use of graphic violence. The series is long enough to make a hobbie of watching it, so people can enjoy a long series.

Kid, 11 years old Written byMST3Kguy July 28, 2011

The best kids show ever.

I don't understand why ANYONE could say that it has violence OR sex, or ANY other thing that's inapropriate for kids in it. It's a TOTALLY appropriate show that DOES have some mild cartoon violence in it, but it's not like you're watching Friday the 13th, and it has some kissing in it, but no REAL sexual content. And really, product placement? It takes place THOUSANDS of years ago and it's not really plausible that there could be any product names in it. It has no cursing or drugs. I'll tell you that these people are CRAZY or don't know how to use this site. It's totally kid appropriate and a funny, entertaining show.

Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2011