Kid reviews for Boy Meets World

Boy Meets World Poster Image

A boy deals with friends and girls in classic tween sitcom.

1 person found this helpful.

ONE OF THE BEST SITCOMS I'VE EVER WATCHED!!!!

Boy Meets World is a very good show, and is a great coming of age show. I wouldn't say that sex is a huge part of the show. I think some people are overreacting when it comes to the sexual content in this show. The last two seasons have quite a bit of sexual jokes. But it tackles a lot of serious issues like underage drinking, loss, looking for a place after marriage, and more! As mentioned before, there is some sexual content, and since a lot of people seem to be worried about that, here is the amount of sexual content from each season. Season 1: There isn't any sexual content in this season since the main character Cory is only 11 years old. But there are about three sexual references made by his brother Eric. One about sucking a girls neck, and two jokes about French kissing. There is also one scene where Topanga pushes Cory up against his locker, and kisses him. But they're not dating at the time, so that's a bit iffy. But you can notice that they like each other. Season 2: This season isn't that bad. Cory and his friend Shawn date a lot of girls in this season. One episode includes Cory and Shawn learning about ovaries in class. Another episode is when Cory and Topanga film a documentary about love and how sex is a big part of love. But one of this seasons main plots is dating. Not sex. Sex isn't something you really need to worry about in this season. But still watch it with them. Season 3: Sexual content isn't a real problem in this season, but in one episode, Cory and Shawn are caught filming a woman dancing in a towel. Cory and Shawn's teacher, (whom Shawn is staying with due to his dad abandoning him to go find his mother who left a long time ago.) tells them that a persons body isn't hard-hitting news, then tells them to watch the news, which talks about breast enlargements. Another episode includes Cory's parents with an old friend looking through a photo album, and asks "Who's the sexy babe in the tank top?", which turns out to be his mom. Eric asks the same question just moments later. These are the only things that I consider sexual content in this season. Season 4: One episode involves Eric going on a game show to meet girls, and he gets upset when he accidentally says he doesn't want the naughty girls. Another episode includes when Eric rejects a girl, and she writes angry songs about him, and one of them says that he likes boys. Another episode is when Shawn is keeping a girl in his house, and Cory thinks that they're having sex, and he thinks that he and his girlfriend Topangs should to, and she goes to his room and there's seductive music, and candles, and he tries to undo her bra before she stops him. Another episode includes when Shawn goes undercover as a girl, and goes on a date with a guy who turns out to be a pervert, and comments on his legs and tries to make out with him still thinking he's a girl, and Shawn calls him out, and he calls Shawn a lesbian. There is also a part where Topanga is nibbling on Cory's ear, and Cory enjoys it. Another episode includes when Cory badmouths Shawn's ex-girlfriend, to comfort him, there is a problem when she and Shawn get back together. She manipulatively prevents Shawn from seeing Cory, mostly via seduction. Just be aware of this. Season 5: Sexual content isn't a big problem, but there's still some iffy stuff in it. Like when Cory asks Topanga to put him in her jacket, and when Cory and Topanga plan to have sex after prom, but they never do because they decide they're not ready. But there is a time when Cory and Shawn get drunk and pee on a cop car. This episode got banned so you shouldn't let your kids watch it. Season 6: This season is one of the worst offenders when it comes to sexual content. Cory really pressures Topanga to have sex. And in one episode, she shows him her butt. He's very thrilled. There is also some French kissing in this season as well. Another episode, Topanga and Shawn pretend to have sex to prank Cory, and they make sexual sounds. The sexual references are heavy in this season. Season 7: This season has quite a bit of sexual references like the others, like Cory stills wants sex, and when he finally has sex, he talks about it quite a bit. Sex scenes are never shown, but still sexual jokes are made. One episode Cory and Shawn put up a scantily clad picture of their friend Rachel in retaliation. There's more, but these are things you should be aware of, I think I have most of it covered, and forgive me if I missed anything. There is also some cursing, but it's not so bad. Give it a watch. It's worth it. But if your younger child wants to watch it, you preview it first, and decide for yourself. Don't worry about the first season. I suggest previewing at least one episode of each season.

Honest Opinion

This is one of my favorite shows! There are many valuable lessons taught in Boy Meets World about freindship, loyalty, etc. On the other side there is a LOT of talk about sex in the later seasons. When Cory is only 12 its not bad but when Cory is in college he gets pretty obsessed with it! Its definitly a theme in some of the episodes! There is an episode where Cory and Shawn steal some alchohol and stuff like that but its not that bad aside from the whole sex thing. One of the main character (Shawn) comes from a broken family and his father is an alcoholic. The thing is the show is realistic. Things are not sugar coated and highschool isn't always easy. In one of the episodes they help a girl who was being physically abused by her father. Some scenes are sad however like I mentioned so many valuable lessons are taught. If your looking for something a little less crazy go watch Girl Meets World. There is very little talk of addictions nothing sirious. Minor curse like damn and hell are used on occasion. There is a scene tward the end where Cory and Topanga are under tge cover and obviously having sex. Loads of scenes with people passionatly making out. It all depemda on the kids maturity level!

1 person found this helpful.

Good sitcom, a bit mature

I think boy meets world is very good but comes across a few mature topics. Has got good messages

Better than the sequel

WAY BETTER THAN THE SEQUEL! The sequel does not have enough role-models and is not healthy for kids to watch, but the old show is much more better than the sequel. Old show AKA boy meets world is funny, not cheesy.

not rated for age
Boy Meets World is a very good show to watch and I just wish that they had more new epsoides of the show.
1 person found this helpful.

ok for middle school and up

funny show but also has serious topics (sa, drinking, etc)

Great life lessons but it goes really deep

Oh my gosh, this show is my entire childhood. A lot of kissing but it really does a great job of explaining the ups and downs of every age group with great laughs, for real I was laughing through all the seasons. The show does get deep like Shawn's dad dies and Cory feels like he's ready to have sex with Topanga. But for age eleven plus they should understand. But in all a great show.

Boy Meets World is a great show! I love the fact that I can watch Cory Matthews grow up from being a teenager to a young adult in seven seasons. There are so many different life lessons that Mr. Feeny applies to each of the characters in the show. There are some serious topics that they mention in the show, but it normally applies to middle school and high school experiences. Boy Meets World is probably one of the best shows I have watched in a long time. I really think that you will enjoy the show.

The Most amazing show ever. Watch it now.

It is the best there ever is. Great friends. I love Cory and shons friendship. Mr turner is a great teach. You need to watch this. I am so in to it. It is not for kids under the age of 8. There is some sex in there but I think it is fine. But there is things dealing with tuning away and mom and dad leaving you. I love the show so much. Feeni is a great teacher. Corys brothere is amazing. He just needs to find a girl a settled down. If they all apli them self in school then they could get b and a.