Kid reviews for Call the Midwife

Call the Midwife Poster Image

I've watched this show for years and have always loved it! There are no birth scenes that include nudity, and very mild language. There is some content that would make me not recommend it to younger viewers, but it is overall a wonderful show.

Love love love LOVE

This show is amazing! Can be a bit bloody in the sense that women in the show are giving birth, but really it’s fine for anyone who isn’t scared by a tiny bit of blood, a lot of yummy drama, and a LOT of screaming. If your kids don’t understand things like abortion, prostitution and stuff like that, then it might not be be the best for them. One of the nurses is an alcoholic, and she drinks on camera a lot. But it’s really uplifting, and has a good message. Makes me want to be a nurse!! Also might not be the best for boys. Just saying.

Inspiring, beautiful, educational and graphic TV show. Great for mothers and daughters.

Me and my mother started watching this recently, and though it is a terrific and awe-inspiring show, it is only for mature tweens to watch with another trusted female adult, who can explain and talk through the graphic, unusual, and inappropriate scenes and themes. There are amazing characters, terrific screenwriting, wonderful acting and a great portrayal of all the hard work that goes into childbirth. You will appreciate your life, and those who made it possible much more. Despite that, however, there are some topics (and graphics) that you may not want to expose your child to, or you may not be ready to explain. There are teenagers getting pregnant, prostitution, and the handmade removal of a baby - while in the body. It can be disgusting, but beautiful, and always, always rewarding. This also may give you faith and knowledge of the doctors and nurses who save lives. This has many sweet moments, tearful moments, scary moments, suspenseful moments, and rewarding moments. This is a fantastic show overall, and it is perfect for tweens and their mothers, as long as you discuss the issues that arise. There is minimal smoking, drugs, and sex. A worthwhile and lushly beautiful show.

Beautiful

Such a great drama for teens girls to get into. There is so much social history to be learnt from this drama. It’s a must watch! Lots of smoking and some drinking, however that’s expected of the era it is set in.

Yes, this show has many birth scenes, but you see no nudity. There are also sometimes prostitutes involved in episodes, but there is no sex or explicit scenes. I love how this show portrays poverty and motherhood, and it has many positive messages and good role models. Many episodes of this show have had me sobbing. (In a good way)

Amazing show can be VERY upsetting for tweens and younger teenagers.

Let's just start with the fact that I'm extremely picky when it comes to TV, and this is my favorite show (other than classics, Seinfeld, Friends, Lucy, etc). It is so absorbing and intense and brilliantly acted. However, if your my age, do not watch it before bed! After watching one of the early episodes I couldn't sleep all night from the excitement, and yes, fear. The show can be very scary and upsetting. I'm not through even half of the show and have already seen a young mother have her child taken away and a newborn and mother die. So, yeah, don't show this to your 10 year old, or watch it before bed at any age! A must see for mature young teens and up!

There are no "explicit birth scenes"

This is a just fine show that brings up the seldom talked about subject of how humans come into the world. It is mature, as the very name implies, and might be geared more towards mothers as its whole premise is based upon pregnancy and birth. There are many sweet, silly moments throughout, and the characters and their lives are- though overly dramatized- real. Sweet show, but some themes I did not care for. Watch WITH kids, and maybe not ten-year-old boys.

Brilliant for families.

This drama has great female role models. It’s entertaining for families with older children (12 and upwards). Birth scenes feature in most episodes. It gives an insight into the hard work that nurses and midwives do everyday. It’s very interesting and has inspiring characters.

Amazing show

I love call the midwife! It's both entertaining and educational. I've learnt several things whilst watching this series. However, I would recommend it to more mature children because there are a few scenes that involve sex (especially one episode based on a girl who works as a prostitute). There are also a couple of times where blood is shown and sometimes a baby doesn't make it. However, it is overall a wonderful series that I love.

AWESOME!!!!

This is a great show!!! I love watching it with my mom and at this point I feel like I could actually deliver a baby! I love watching the main characters learn and grow. However it does deal with some tough issues, but it is also a new experience (at least in most cases) for the main characters and while you are making an opinion on something they are as well. It takes on difficult issues and it really challenges what you think or how you see something. All in all a great TV show.