Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 13 parent reviews

Sort by:

Best Show Ever

I loved this show sooo much. There are many nerdy references. There is also quite a bit of innuendo but nothing too bad. Pierce makes rather offensive jokes and assumptions, but other than that I loved this show.

1 person found this helpful.

frequent sexually-charged innuendos every episode; don't bother

There are frequent sexually charged innuendos in every episode. some describe sexual encounters and intercourse, some are sexually inappropriate gestures hinting at groping, inappropriate gesturing, and there are many sexually charged phrases and words. From the very first episode, the show revolves a lot around the main character Jeff trying to connect with Britta in having a sexual relationship. Some of the other characters make explicit references with too much detail to their sexual relationships, especially the old guy Pierce, who's been divorced six times, who makes some awkward and creepy sexual comments. Too many sexual innuendos that fill the script and move the show along; don't bother. The show can get boring and weird a lot. not a lot of genuine wholesome jokes.

1 person found this helpful.

Wasn't expecting it to be this good!

I have watched The Office, New Girl, and Parks and Rec multiple times, and I love them. During quarantine, I was looking for a new show that had similar humor. I had tried Brooklyn 99 but didn't find them nearly as funny as I expected. I decided to try Community on Netflix and was so surprised! It's so good! It has a way better pilot than The Office or Park and Rec did, all the characters were much more fleshed out. Some episodes are funnier than others, just like all shows. But I've gotten a few seasons in and so far there has not been one episode that I haven't liked! It has such a good cast too! I highly suggest this for anyone looking for something light-hearted and funny, but more witty than a sit-com type of show. When it comes to language and sexual content, most episodes are totally fine. A few episodes are worse for sexual content (Season 1 Episode 11 for example) but you can easily skip those if you are watchin with a kid.

So damn funny

I love the reality and the comedy in this show. The acting is amazing and the message it spreads is great. The show supports people who go to community college, no matter wether they're older or smarter or etc.

I love this show!

this is a great show. aside from a bit of sex, alcohol, drugs and language, this show encourages positive morals. It is an amazing show and I would let my own child watch it (He's eleven).

Super good!

I don't really know how to describe how good this show is...it's really good. When you start watching the 1st few episodes, it seems like it's gonna be boring and dumb, but once you get to the 7th or 8th episode, it's just great. P.S. If you've started watching it, and stopped because it was boring, then watch the paintball episodes because their stand alone and also some of the best episodes in the show.

Best show I've ever seen!

This is my favorite TV show and the best show I've seen in a while. My 13 year old watched and loved it! Expect some iffy language and behavior.

Kids could watch it

One of the most innovative shows I've watched!

I'm on the 4th season of this incredible show, and I can tell you there is truly nothing like it! It's a meta show, in that it always references itself. It's a very cult program to, with a big fan base of devotees. The characters resist stereotyping and it's not just the black character or the dumb blonde. Though Abed can be a bit one note, and Pierce grates your nerves every few episodes, there supposed to be like that! Every episode is a new adventure, and like creator Dan Harmon said on one of the commentaries, they never take the easy way, always going 110% to please their fans. I can't wait to watch the 5th season, and hope the 6th season can get resurrected so we can all get 6 seasons and a movie!

The Best Comedy Show Out There!

This show is probably the best comedy show (no longer on air). Considering the other shows out there it is strangely appropriate. After season 2 kicks off however the show does have a lot of drug jokes and even a few comical instances of the characters taking drugs.