Parent reviews for Curious George

Curious George Poster Image

It's ok but one little issue...

This show is ok. My only issue with the show is that they call George a monkey, even though since he lacks a tail that would technically make him an app.
1 person found this helpful.

The chad Curious George

Good

Toddlers will like it better. If your kid is 7, I guess he will be bored.

Cute and educational

The theme song is catchy you'll find yourself dancing along with your kid. Encourages curiosity in your toddler with you the adult and the show you can make a healthy drive to learn and laugh along with your kid at the show.

Decent

Great Children’s Show That Parents Can Enjoy Too

Curious George is fantastic kids program that stays true to both the spirit and illustrative style of the book series it is based on. The high quality writing and production value make this not only captivating and enjoyable for preschoolers, but older grade schoolers can enjoy this show as well. For adults, this show is fantastic because it does not come off as annoying in the way many children’s programs can; It doesn’t baby talk (like Teletubbies or Barney), it’s not whiney (like Daniel Tiger can be), it’s not hyperactive (like Sponge Bob), and it doesn’t resort to low-brow, rude behavior or potty humor (like so much of what’s on CN or Nickelodeon). As an added bonus, the jazz score of the show, soft animation and well developed stories and characters results in a show parents won’t mind watching. Best of all, The Man in the Yellow Hat is actually a real positive role model. George, as it has been pointed out, emulates a toddler on this show, while the man proves himself to be a loving and brave father, educating his child (monkey) each episode. I wish only there were more seasons. My daughter loved it since she was 2, and as an 8 year old it still holds a special place in her heart.

Good science, Bad behavior

While I really enjoy the science and discovery aspects of this show, I find a few recurring behaviors frustrating because my kids emulate what they see. We’ve removed Curious George for this reason. Bad behaviors include: - often taking things that belong to others without asking - doing dangerous things with no concern for consequences (kids do enough if this on their own without encouragement) - hiding accidents or mistakes from the grown ups in the show and trying to put things right before anyone notices to avoid getting in trouble It’s one thing for shows geared toward adults to be for the purpose of relating to what we’re goimg through without necessarily teaching a lesson, but children’s shows, especially for toddlers, should be showing them the kinds of behavior we want them to imitate.