Parent reviews for Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood Poster Image

Good Morals, Bad Scripting

On the surface, Daniel Tiger was a great show with cute morals. My daughter LOVED Daniel Tiger and spent a lot of time watching him. Daniel helped her with potty training, separation anxiety and more. The show had a lot of potential. My daughter started arguing with EVERYTHING, every direction we gave her. Everything was an argument, stomping her feet, throwing a tantrum, etc. It went on to the point I really thought she had some diagnosable behavior issues (and there's still a potential for ADHD but that's different) One day, she had Daniel Tiger on and he started arguing with his mom about something and it sounded exactly like how my daughter's arguments with us started. I heard the feet stomping and it just was like an epiphany moment. We cut out Daniel Tiger and the arguments stopped for the most part, she listens better, everything doesn't resort to a tantrum and the days aren't absolutely dreadful. The show had potential but Daniel is whiny, argumentative and it's slow to get to the resolution and almost enforces bad behavior through that. The messages it teaches are great but Daniel is insufferable.

3 people found this helpful.

Useful life lessons

My favorite thing about this show, as a parent, is that it has given me some really helpful phrases to help talk about feelings with my 2 year old. The show covers a lot of common toddler challenges and it's helped us talk about certain facts of life, like that sometimes things don't go as planned and sometimes people need us to give them space. Our family really likes this show and if anything it's been a positive influence on my daughter. And as a big Fred Rogers fan myself, I enjoy the references to Mr Roger's Neighborhood.

2 people found this helpful.

Its ok?

At first I thought Daniel Tiger was amazing for young children, there’s catchy songs and helpful teaching… on the most part, great life lessons. However, my daughter has just turned three and she’s having tantrums like Daniel, she Grrrrs when she doesn’t get what she wants. It was funny at first but now she’s stomping her feet along with the tantrums thinking it’s ok to act this way at everyday tasks. There’s also one song that I don’t particularly like which is the ‘see what it is you might feel better’. Now, I get what they’re trying to imply but a young child may not, I wouldn’t want my child to go wondering checking things out that could be dangerous as much as it could potentially “make them feel better”. Aside of the negatives, it has helped with my child’s potty training and social skills which is amazing. Overall, I do think it is a good show, just a few things here and there that take away from the positives.
1 person found this helpful.

Mr. Fred Rogers’ songs and messages have stood the test of time!

The land of make believe comes live in this animated version of ‘Mr. Rogers Neighborhood’ friends. The characters he started decades ago are alive and well, sing, dance and play but more importantly, bring positive messages and confidence to the littles! Hand washing, taking care of others, going potty, working in your community, learning, making friends, loving your family and just having fun being a kid is a snippet of what kids discover here. I used DT episodes to help my little before the doctor, dentist, visiting the grocery store, post office, etc. It was an added tool to help them discover things in a sweet way before visiting and helped the unexpected become expected. The songs, while always slightly annoying to the adult brain do stick with you and the kids and have been very valuable.

1 person found this helpful.

Angry Toddler/Daniel Tiger is an angry role model.

I had my kid watching this show because of the music which I love but mostly the messages to show him how to react when things go badly. Unfortunately all my kid gets from this show is how to act coo coo for cocopuffs. My son didn't start having tantrums until seeing Daniel tiger doing them. When my son was going on 2yrs old and get upset I would sing the songs from the show and he loved it but as time went on at 3yrs old he had more tantrums. stomping , yelling, becoming a good friend to his time out chair. and likes to have a grrr frustrated face. I told him I wanted him to watch LESS daniel tiger because it makes him too angry during the show and afterwards so we took a break and then 2 weeks later today I put on daniel tiger and he starts revving up like a car engine.... IDK what It is about this show that might make a child react in such a way but its rediculous..... key points; Will make your kids 1 Easily frustrated 2. Copies bad behavior because he thinks it's funny

1 person found this helpful.

Good show! Ignore the haters.

This show is overwhelmingly positive. The songs are memorable and well done, so your child can remember them. It has elements of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood that parents will love and teaches educational things like how crayons are made or about musical instruments. Moral/Emptional/Practical lessons include Friends help each other Stop and go potty right away! Find a way to play together Ways to say "I love you" How to be happy when it isn't your party Dealing with having a new baby Some complained about Daniel expressing anger, but the episode is meant to teach kids to talk about it and express it rather than hurting others or breaking things. I saw another review that talked about how Daniel is often annoyed by something. This is a teaching show, if he never had anything going wrong the show wouldn't be educational. And apparently whoever wrote that review doesn't watch 3 year olds play much. lol. Lastly, I saw people complaining about the fact that Daniel doesn't wear pants. A tiger walks upright and is friends with a prince and an owl, his teacher is a human, and his dad works in a clock shop...your biggest concern is his pants? Lol. My toddler likes it!

Doesn't help

I was scrolling down my tv channels and saw Daniel Tiger. I wanted to see what it was, so I watched the episode. Sadly... THIS EPISODE TOLD KIDS TO SCREAM WHEN THEY WERE MAD!!!?? This is a terrible show for teaching kids! You were warned
1 person found this helpful.

Teaches kids to be brats

Daniel throws a tantrum about EVERYTHING! This show turned my angels child into a stopping feet, screaming, defiant little brat. We cut this out and she is slowly turning back into her living self .

Reality vs. Cartoons

It's alright in some regards, but Daniel & His Family are Tigers that eat Fruit, Vegetables,Dairy & Starch, when all Felines are Carnivores! Not the worst show for kids out there, but as they grow, please make sure they understand the difference between cartoons & Real Animals. My Brother is almost 9, & He liked the show as a little Guy, but He & I hope to spread the word about awesome Animals!

We love this show!!!

I was shocked to see the negative reviews on this show. Most are older reviews so maybe they’ve changed the episodes up a bit but my little one is 4 months old and loves Daniel Tiger! I love the lessons it teaches shows a problem and how to cope with the problem age appropriately and also shows that kids have real emotions and validates those emotions. Children and just humans in general are allowed to get upset, jealous, be happy, angry, frustrated, scared, excited. But showing those emotions and learning how to properly handle those emotions is what most shows don’t touch on and this one does. Gives positive solutions. Shows all different Races, and types of people as well as shows depictions of kids with autism and shows children how to interact with different kinds of people and their different needs. I watched Mr. Rogers Neighborhood growing up and I loved it and I love that they have a rendition of it for my little one with good principles. A lot of the people hating on this are very close minded or stuck on the thought of only letting their kids watch what they watched as kids. IGNORE THEM! This show is great! I would suggest watching with your child if they’re 2+ Years old and if you find they’re teaching something you’re not a fan of or you don’t like how their doing or teaching something change the episode. Not a huge deal. We love this show and will continue to watch it with our child!