Kid reviews for Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey Poster Image

Amazing TV show for teens!

One of the best British tv shows around. I think that teens should be able to handle the content if mature. There is not a lot of sex, however there is a few scenes that it is implied (nothing is ever shown). I do not recommend this to young kids, because of the violence at points (season 2 In particular), occasionally swearing, and the the occasional mature content. All in all I think teens should be able to handle the show, and will more than likely enjoy it if they are fans of romance and/or period dramas. Mild Spoiler: There is a rape scene in season 4 that was a little shocking to me. It was not that scary, however I think it would scare some teens if they are not mature. You hear screaming, and see her afterwards a little bloody.
1 person found this helpful.

Great for 12+

In my opinion Downton Abbey would be appropriate for a 12 year old. There is often talk of premarital s*x but never show it. In the show there are scenes in which people are getting injured in war or at the hospital with injuries. The goriest part in my opinion is when a character throws up blood on the diner table. There is little to no cursing. As the world gets more modern positive role models become for obvious and begin to talk about things like womens rights and abortion. If you were to watch this with a young child I would touch on the topics of premarital s*x and why it was such a big deal back then.

Great for 12+

Got me into period dramas

I grew up watching this show, and honestly, it gets better each time I see it. The characters and sets are super immersive and it really feels like you are in the time period that it is set in. Not too much kissing, however, the romance is a huge plotline of the show. They do drink at dinner most of the time, but never really too much or become "drunk".

My special quarantine binge!

This show entertained me while I was doing virtual school, as a fan of Jane Austen. It is engaging, romantic and historically accurate. Many of the events that take place in this show are things that kids will learn about in school, which benefits them as they will recognize incidents referenced. Some characters scheme and connive, or act bratty, but there are always people there to put them in their place.
This shows has positive female role models and yes there is drinking but in that time period it was common. There is a little violence but that is mainly because there is a war. Overall I recommend thsi show highly.

Boys & Girls Are fine

It doesn’t even have a target audience if it’s for boys or girls but I do know is that both boys & girls can watch this shows sit doesn’t have any gender stereotypes

Best period drama!

I'm eleven and i watched it. even though there is a bit of violence and some drinking etc. every night i was so excited to watch the next episode. i recommend it for ages 11-12+.

Srsly tho

Srsly tho. THIS IS SOOOOOO GOOD!!! It’s a very good show to watch with the family, and only has mild adult content such as the occasional swear/sexual content, so watch it or else!