Kid reviews for Gilligan's Island

Gilligan's Island Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Love this show...

This show is absolutely amazing...... Its obvious that it’s a 1960s show. There isn’t any language or innuendos. The only seductive person is Ginger and she does sort of try to manipulate the men. Although she does this she doesn’t insinuate anything more than she is gorgeous ( she tries to make known that she is pretty and that she’s curvy). ~ The skipper as well as the other castaways show the strong character trait of friendship,cooperation, perseverance, and a positive attitude. They never forget to keep up a positive attitude. A positive attitude in itself as well as all the other traits are great messages.

I've watched it when I was 7 and it was great.

It’s okay.

Good.

A good way to waste time

I love this show! My whole family loves it and thinks its hilarious. There's no real violence other than some slapstick, and the gang's constant attempts to get off the island are always funny. I will say that I don't really care for Ginger, as it seems like she was created purely to flirt with boys. Also it's not always the most intelligent show ever, and it can be *quite* cheesy. It is a nice show to have on if you want a good, clean laugh.

Classic/great show!

Classic show about 7 people getting shipwrecked on an island. However, sexual scenes can get a little far, and some episodes are sooooo stupid (but good) that kids will think they can actually do that

Mild sex and violence.

A Classic!

Gilligan's Island is a lighthearted, humorous, yet slightly stereotypical old sitcom. It's there for a good laugh, and could give adults who have watched it as kids a nostalgic feel. My only complaint is the way they represent Ginger, who isn't afraid to seduce the men on the island with sex appeal.

Hilariously Obnoxiously Frustrating

I love this show, though it is sometimes annoying and decreases your IQ by 2 or 3 points for every episode you see.

Awesome show for kids and adults :)

I got the whole series on DVD last year, and wow am I impressed! Good acting, funny storyline, and mild stereotyping combine in this laugh-out-loud show. There is nothing in it that might be inappropriate for kids under 7, but there is one iffy episode where a surfer named Duke lands on the island and the men try to chase him off so he won't steal the girls--who have fallen for him! So they try to "woo" the women and make Duke jealous and he leaves. A lot of kissing, but mostly just in that episode. Overall, this is a great show!

A Great Show for the Family

Honestly, the only reason I'm not putting an all ages suggestion on this review is because I figured anyone under five would have no clue what is going on. I've been watching the series since it first came out on DVD in 2005, and it is a favourite in the household. Gilligan and the Skipper have some mild bantering, but you can tell that they are friendly to each other beneath the shouting. The Professor was always a role-model to me as a kid, as I always wanted to be some smart scientist or something like him. Jim Backus and Natalie Schafer do a great job portraying Mr. and Mrs. Howell, and while the may be stereotyped as rich snobs, they are also shown as good people at heart and a wonderful addition to the comedic aspect of the series. Ginger and Mary Ann are, like the rest of the cast, stereotyped, but not in a negative way. I could make a book with this review, but basically what I am trying to say is that this a good show for all ages, and should be a part of every household. Unless you're scared of the cheesy rubber suit spider in the third-last episode of the series, it's a completely harmless show.