Parent reviews for Good Witch

Good Witch Poster Image

Was good then caved.

Just another show that went woke. Enjoyed watching with my young kids until the last season. It’s geared towards tweens, so I don’t understand the forced adult topics/agenda on young viewers and families who are obviously seeking wholesome entertainment. I mean you can get that literally anywhere else...

6 people found this helpful.

2 people found this helpful.

Terrific Show for the whole family!

I love all 7 seasons of this show! I am a Christian and a mother and had no problem with any second of this show. Very conservative Christians might take issue with it as it demonstrates some Eastern spirituality about holistic healing and throws in a tame fantasy bit about a "curse". The storyline in season 6 about the curse is just for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously. Just as Harry Potter should be understood as fictional and fantasy. For anyone with an open mind and able to think outside of a narrow religious view, this show is a gem. Good Witch is wonderful and demonstrated how we all have levels of intuition within us and gifts that God gives us that should be used for good. I commend the show for its wholesome storylines and the relationships it built within the characters. It teaches a sense of kindness toward others that many shows in American television miss.

Wholesome, Sweet, Feel Good

This is probably the most wholesome show available right now. The characters are so patient and caring. The whole town is there for each other and go out of their way to help each other. I'm not sure why so many people are surprised that a show that has witch in the name has witchcraft, that's on them. It's subtle and sweet. It's a bit sad that it took 7 seasons to include anyone gay, but I'm glad they finally have and I hope there is more representation for all the wonderful people in the world.

Wholesome Good Fun

Feel good family feeling show that teaches life lessons. Always sweet and lovely.

Spiritual/New Age Series

Cassie is a good witch, but not the supernatural kind. She is bright, positive, and intuitive and gives wisdom to her family, friends, and viewers. I have actually learned so much from this series. Hallmark was also brave enough to add a pansexual relationship, showing that love is about hearts, NOT parts. I will miss the characters, plots, and town of Middleton. I want to move there!
1 person found this helpful.

Pleasant and innocent family viewing

My wife and I have enjoyed this for years. I disagree with other reviewers who lambasted it for being anti-Christian and blamed that orientation on liberal politics. There is NOTHING anti-Christian or political at all about The Good Witch. I feel pity for those folks who manage to find Satanic influences in the most mundane and basic scenarios. This show is wholesome, non-violent, good hearted and with positive values. Long may it live!

1 person found this helpful.

Charming light Family drama full of fun

My daughter and I love this show. There are obstacles as Cassie the “good witch” helps the people of her town and the guests who come to her shop and bed and breakfast. Note, she does not practice witchcraft. Her power is a lot of intuition and kindness. Sometimes the plots include romances which are very tastefully done and never progress beyond kissing in terms of on-screen demonstrations but do have emotional depth. No drugs, no drinking of anything other than herbal tea and no profanity.

Such a pleasant show!

This show is NOT crass, rude or inappropriate. It is very pleasant, and very family friendly. I never have to worry about putting it on with my children in the room. It keeps you entertained, and makes you fall in love with all the characters. I really enjoy this show, and you will too!

The Good Witch