Parent reviews for Higglytown Heroes

Higglytown Heroes Poster Image

Absolutely Precious

Higglytown Heroes is precious and sweet. I was so thrilled to see this show added to online streaming. The storylines are fun and engaging and a great way to introduce young children to community helpers. This is one of very few television shows that I feel comfortable letting my child watch.

Positive

I like this show for my little ones. It gives positive messages and shows children that they too can be heroes.

Good show to teach kids about careers!

Worst food values

The show is rife with references to junk food especially sweets and dairy products. The shows seems to have funding from grocers association, sugar industry, or dairy council. Almost every episode has the pizza guy as a hero. Beside the rare reference to whole foods the kids rarely eat ANYTHING healthy and even the dentist hero promotes ice cream, sweets, and fruit basically everything sugary as ok for you teeth. This show pushes all the wrong eating habits! I wouldn't recommend this show for this reason.

Fun Even for Parents

I love this show and so do my three and five-year-old daughters. It's really quirky and cute. I love that the pizza guy is their friend and randomly shows up. It's nice that the "heroes" are just regular people in their town who do things to help others. As a parent, there are a lot of kid shows I can't stand to have on in my home, but this one I actually enjoy watching with my kids.

This teaches horrible lessons

I watched a few shows, and they were redefining terms. Everyone was a hero. The mail main, the pizza guy were all heros. To quote the bad guy in Incredibles, when everyone is a hero, no one will be. Part of the post modern/relitivism garbage.
not rated for age

Disturbing to say the least

Every Day Heroes

What makes this show so good is that the heroes don't have super powers or a cape. They are everyday people. The real heroes are the people around us: firefighters, doctors, policemen.

Not for my child.

I don't like this one. The story line is good most of the time. I just don't like the fact that they ride around in each others tummies. I don't let my daughter watch it.