Parent reviews for iCarly

iCarly Poster Image

Racist script

I'm so disappointed in this show. The casual racism and profiling is disgusting. The scene with the polish kid who calls into Carly's Internet show has a terrible fake accent, that the girls then mimcik, badly. And then turn off saying something about lets stick to ppl who speak our language. I almost spat my breakfast out. My kids are now banned from this show. Should be a safe place. How dare you fill kids heads with that sort of prejudice. How this has been allowed for a young audience is beyond me.
3 people found this helpful.

Loud and lacking in moral worth

Unlike older Nickelodeon shows (Sister Sister, Sabrina, etc), this show has little to no moral substance, and is full of loud violent attempts at humour. The Sam character often lashes out physically when annoyed, which always receives a laugh despite being inappropriate. Jokes are also made about an older women forcibly kissing a young man (teen?) in one episode, and when he asserts that she forced herself on him, she says "Don't pretend you don't love it". Using sexual assault as humour is very worrying, and it's a "joke" which certainly wouldn't be made if the genders were reversed.
2 people found this helpful.
It is not a program for children under 12, it has many things for teenagers

show decadente

pienso que el show es apto para personas de 16 años ya que presenta en exeso de violencia los personajes son crueles no hay amistad real todos se hacen miserables y son unos egoístas también por eso el shows es malo, la primera temporada es la única que siento apta para niños ya que presentaba comedia excelente y amistad real solo la primera temporada es apta a desde los 2 años pero el resto desde los 16 se volvió con exceso de escenas de besos cosa que no era buena para este show pues se supone que es un show de comedia para toda la familia no un drama para adolescentes. por cierto a que es para adolescentes únicamente hace que los adolescentes sean crueles con otros chicos que no son como ellos por eso el show es muy malo.

1 person found this helpful.

Not impressed, Disney channel has better sitcoms.

This show doesn't have great role models. Sam is a terrible model for kids under 10 . The show isn't good for tweens. It also includes a lot of violence. Disney channel has much better shows and role models.

Bad Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst television show on TV. It is crude tries to be funny (and doesn't succeed) and is innapropriate. I don't see how it's funny to refer to boobs and balls. It is not educational and it does not make sense how Sam hates Fred and then kisses him. If you want to watch a good TV show this show is a bad idea.

Obnoxious and loathsome show

The characters are obnoxious and overly mean to each other; after watching this show for a while, my kids started to insult and bicker more than usual. Of note: a particularly obnoxious episode ("iDo") featured the characters going to a wedding in Wisconsin. The American heartland becomes the butt of jokes about how terrible a place it must be. Oh, pity the poor unsophisticated rubes who have the misfortune to live in Wisconsin instead of sophisticated Seattle!
1 person found this helpful.

Stop Being Overprotective Parents!!

This Show Is The Best And Why Are Other Parents Being So Overprotective, I Know There's Kissing And Other Stuff But Let Your Kids Have A Little Fun At Least. First Of All Carly Isn't A Spoiled Brat And Second Of All Sam Isn't That All Bad In Some Episodes Sam Was Trying To Be So Sweet . And Carly Is Just Trying To Have Fun! Like Seriously Parents Stop Being Overprotective Your Kids Want Fun Before Their Grown Adults!!!!!

Best show ever!

My daughters, 6,8,8,10 and 14 love this show! We watch it every night as a family, great show some language but nothing you haven't heard before. Boy talk and kissing is okay i mean everyone kisses and likes boys. Great show let your kids watch.

Don't listen to any other reviews

Honestly, Sam is a horrible role model, but Carly is a great role model. When Sam does something wrong Carly always tries to fix it. Don't listen to any other reviews saying it's inappropriate. It's a great show, funny, and teaches kids to always do the right thing.In 2021, kids should know about all this online stuff. This show is definitely a GREAT watch for your family.