All member reviews for Jessie

Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 10 years old October 3, 2013

My Opinion

I think that Jessie is a great nanny and great shows so for everyone who said that Jessie is not good for kids you are wrong

Teen, 14 years old Written bydoctor11 September 23, 2013

Disgusting!

This show is horrible! i has terrible messages and the and the actual plots are very dry and typical. Why? Why Disney have you sunk so low? this show just counts anther time Walt Disney has rolled in his grave. if he could see Disney Channel now he would weep bitterly. they have just thrown away the meaning of the Disney name. it used to mean appropriate family fun for everyone when they had the old ANIMATED shows that meant so much to us. i weep for the future.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessOso16 September 16, 2013

Little kids will like it [4-11 year olds]

I think that children under the age of 11 will like it but after that age it's boring. There is nothing bad or inappropriate in the show, it's just very childish.

Kid, 12 years old Written byPuppyGirl448 September 14, 2013

Not the world's best kid's show

I'm my age, and I loooove this show.
However, there's a LOT of weird stuff on here. Some things may be scary (the butler with only a head in an episode, a girl called Creepy Connie haunting one of the kids, etc). And, there's a lot of sexuality in this, although this is supposed to be for kids (I think its ranged for ages 9-14). Example: in one episode, Jessie and her boyfriend Tony were trying to get the kids out of a teacup. Jessie held the man's waist, trying to lower him down, and then Tony giggled and said, "That tickles." One of the girls was "acting like Jessie's dad" in how Tony treated her, and as a joke Jessie told him not to tell her about it. Not to mention, they talk about bra's and a lot of stuff. Its a horrible influence to even teenagers.
(Bertrum, btw, gets on my nerves).
And this is a show for kids.
Also, it shows the kids being bratty, often, and making a joke out of it. I'd personally think twice before letting kids watch it. Maybe when their 14?

Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2013

Jessie Is An Awesome Show!

JESSIE is one of my favorite shows! Can't wait for GI Jessie!

Parent Written bydostajoan September 11, 2013

pretty good

I like that the main character is not pursuing stardom. Most Disney shows are about that. Well written sitcom, good young actors. Nice diff. types of people in it. Corny, but that's fine. One story line about a young girls romantic interest was vetoed by this mom.

Kid, 12 years old September 7, 2013

what is with stereotyping.

I do not see what all the stereotyping madness among reviews is all about. There is no stereotyping. watch for sexual inuendo.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKiraMonicaParker September 7, 2013

What to know about Jessie

I'm an (almost) thirteen year old girl, and I think that Jessie is a good entertaining show, but not for all ages.
Educational Values It has some educational values, regarding family and bullying. There is also a kid named Ravi, who is from India. Some people think that he is a bit of a stereotype, because they show him to be very traditionally Indian, but he isn't. My best friend is from India, and the whole reason they watch the show is because they find Ravi very funny, and they like the references he makes.

Positive Role Models and Positive Messages: Jessie is a good, positive role model, most of the time. She teaches the kids good family values but in an entertaining way. They do have messages saying that you should always be there for family, and since three of the four kids are adopted, they all have very different personalities. Though Jessie does have a love life, it is enough for kids 11 or 12 years of age to handle.

Sexuality: There are a couple of sexual references in the show, but most kids at least 12 years old should be able to handle it. Jessie is dating a guy named Tony, and they do tend to flirt a lot. There was one episode in which they kissed, and slow danced, and there were a couple of jokes in that episode which some parents may not approve of. Over all, it is not that bad. Luke, one of the kids, flirts with Jessie a lot, and makes a couple of inappropriate comments, but nothing too serious. Anyone 12 and older should be able to handle it. And for younger kids, look at an episode guide online. They tell what happens in each episode, so you can decide whether or not your child should watch that episode. Sometimes an inappropriate reference is thrown out there, but younger kids won't know what they mean, and it rarely happens.
Hope this helped!

Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2013

U should know this

I think Jessie is a good show and anyone who criticizes it is just jealous they're not in it. So step off meatheads

Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Bratty kids; Ryan's character is treated badly in the show

I think Disney's "Jessie" is directed for kids 10 and over. It has a little educational value, and teaches a few important lessons to its viewers. Jessie is an okay role model. She shows watchers of the show that being brave is often rewarding: when she ended up in New York City, she found a full-time nanny job. Though it can sometimes be difficult, she never gives up. The so-called sweet and adorable Ross kids Emma (List), Luke (Boyce), Ravi (Brar), and Zuri (Jackson) consistently torment and insult poor Jessie, who works her butt off for them, and Bertram, their lazy but still funny butler. The kids are basically spoiled brats who are rich and can get whatever the h-e-double hockey stick they want from their parents, who are rarely around to give Jessie credit and praise. Overall I find this show alright; it has both good and bad morals.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySome guy. July 28, 2013

My review

Okay, I admit I watch this show when nothing else is on TV. But only if absolutely NOTHING else is on. Even in times like those I hate this show. The Indian kid is OK, but pretty much all the other kids are annoying, especially Luke. He can't dance and is annoying and stupid and annoying. And stupid. He's the kind of character that makes you wanna throw something at the TV. There are like three jokes I've just smiled at-nothing funny enough to actually laugh out loud at.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMordecai_and_rigby July 10, 2013

Boring and lame

I dont like it. Its not funny has some weird scenes. Its lame for young kids I dont think it sets a good rolemodel to children.

Parent Written byJoey-Hancock July 2, 2013

Hey, Jessie!

Another great family sitcom. No awkward scenes with children in the room. Rabi does have an accent & the actor that plays him has no foreign accent off camera. The accent does make sense in the context that he was adopted from India recently in the story line. His Indian culture is highlighted in a positive light, although referenced for jokes sometimes it is never done in a nasty or disrespectful way. It is a very positive view of adopted children specifically ones living with biological children in a culturally mixed family. Reminds me of Different Strokes without any of the serious topics that sitcom touched upon.

Kid, 12 years old Written byjackrabbit2259 June 30, 2013

Okay for tweens.

While this show is quite funny at times, there are frequent references to bras, and in one episode, an boy about eleven years of age invites Jessie to find his "Off button." Sexual references and kissing are frequent. Characters sometimes use terms like "idiot," "stupid", etcetera. There are very few, if any, positive messages from this show.

Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2013

Tween TV

This is definitely aimed for older tweens, maybe even teens if you've seen the episode "Romancing The Crone"

Parent of a 8, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byMommyFacts June 22, 2013

JessieFan

This show is so good, I watch it with my kids. Some parents are too cautious with Disney Channel shows. By 8 you child should be able to watch all Disney Channel shows excluding Austin and Ally/Shake it Up. Good Luck Charlie and Jessie are very simple and can have some references to puberty or love and dating but it is a great show or your kids

Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

aproprite

i love this show it is amazing for everybody, i love it!

Kid, 12 years old Written byGenevaRocks June 7, 2013

Okay, recommend for teens and older.

This show is okay, besides the show, Luke and Ravi plus Emma, are very annoyingly stupid, Bertram can't be a good butler because he says everything is far away, and you guys can be serious, I know she's 18 years old, but she is a good role model when kids do bad things. I think in one episode, when Maia Mitchell with her boyfriend, Jessie said the f word. This show is not sexualized at all period, His boyfriend and his doorman in the hotel has a very good positive role model. Sure, it is sexy a little and all but it can't hurt a child because it is not inappropriate, so guys don't listen to the idiots at CSM, cuz there's just thinking of a different show.

Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2013

Short thoughts on JESSIE

This is a fine show and all, but the kids REALLY need to show more respect to Jessie. If it doesn't happen soon, two stars out of five. If it does, four.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycupcakehater298 May 12, 2013

Language and Sex

As a 13 year old, I find it a pretty okay show. I was going to rate this an 11, but now I'm rating it for 14 year olds now! Just like what other people say, there are a lot of sexual jokes, especially the episode "Jessie's big break". I warn that if you have any kids, probably under 10 they shouldn't watch this specific episode, mainly because of what Jessie said to this girl. She literally said "get a f**k"! This show is suppose to be targeted for 7 year olds! And they were going to far with Luke's sexual jokes in this episode too! They should pull this episode off of Disney channel now!