Parent reviews for Johnny Test

Johnny Test Poster Image

This is for teens

I know this is aimed at kids, but I think it is more aimed at a teenage audience. It mentions gross stuff like "Power poots" and the main character, Johnny Test and the dog, are equally annoying and lazy. It is unoriginal, a shameless ripoff of CN's "Johnny Quest" and the intro is a plain knockoff of "Green Day - American Idiot".

3 people found this helpful.

Johnny!!!

It stinks for this show to leave without a proper series finale. No one likes this show, Wait...I mean everybody doesn't like this show. That's better. Anyways, Johnny is never a good role model to begin with. It's a slice of life about the day in the life of a troublemaker. What worse can it proabably get?

I hated this show.

I couldn't stand watching this show. Nothing was good about it. The animation was so ugly. The colors are just really boring, the characters are ugly, the timing in season 1 was poor, and the animation got worse when it switched to Flash Animation. The characters are annoying. Johnny is an annoying little brat. I hate his hair, clothes, and everything about him, even his voice is annoying. Dukey is the same, as well as Johnny's parents. Johnny sisters are so annoying. Gil is a completely stupid, unlikable character. He just the personality of a wall. Bling Bling is annoying and uninteresting. The theme song is just AWFUL. The beat is just annoying, the singing is horrible, and the lyrics are just unorganized, and make no sense. The humor is horrible. Never laughed once during this show. The jokes are just stupid, fall flat, try too hard, and are just remotely not funny. The show itself is just really boring, I have actually YAWNED during this show. That is pretty bad, a show so boring that you are yawing while you are watching it. Yeah, on my behalf that is pretty bad. This show has the most watered down dialogue ever. Even inconsistent at times. 'Nuff said. I'm surprised that this show ran so long, it should've been cancelled after the first season. At least Cartoon Network no longer reruns Johnny Test, and may they never rerun the show again.
2 people found this helpful.

Models rude and mean behavior towards others

Ever since watching this TV show my daughter started pointing at people and laughing when people got hurt. The show models rude and mean behavior towards siblings, parents, and peers, and parents who are disengaged. I do not think anyone should watch this show

Johney Test is NOT suitable for anyone

I was watching an episode the other day for the first time and I was appauled by the message it is sending to our kids. This episode showed Johney wanting to watch movies with bad language in it, a pg 13 movie. His parents said he was not old enough. But he felt otherwise since he does chores in the home and so in rebellion he ran away from home. The police catch up to him and tell him they cannot punish him for running away and they then take him home and actually convince the parents instead that they should allow him to watch movies with 'bad words' or else he may end up as a run away lost forever. The parents then cave to these emotionally manipulative threats and let the child have his way. So basically it just told my kids hey...if you don't get your way, run away, there will be no consequences and your parents should give you what you want in order to stop you from acting out and the law will be on your side when you act like this. Really? I am disgusted! It's no wonder we have a world of disrespectful mouthy children shooting people and acting out and thinking nothing can happen to them. The moral decay of our country is sad. I plan to protest this cartoon as well as other shows like iCarly and such for their constant showing of teenagers kissing and making out and being totally disrespectful to adults. If anyone else agrees please contact me.

2 people found this helpful.

Mean Spirited and Annoying.

This show is not only annoying but mean spirited. The characters are all bad role models and all of the jokes are either screaming or at some else expense. The main character is a brat and while many other shows have main characters that might be disrespectful or selfish some times most either their lesson at the end of an episode or have some redeeming quality. Johnny on the other hand gets away with every thing and learns nothing. The story is also an unoriginal rip off of Dexter's Lab and The Fairly Odd Parents and the animation is horrendous. Don't let your kids watch it.

2 people found this helpful.

Cartoon Network..... just with a LOT more water in the recipe.

Okay, now as anyone will tell you who's been around to remember 1990-2004 or so... Cartoon network has been a mainstay of lazy saturday afternoons and that hour or so before catching the bus for school. The shows were enjoyable enough, and while the writers weren't perfect, they didn't take themselves so seriously. Well.... here we have Johnny Test. An obvious gender swap/role reversal ripoff of Dexter's lab. I have no problem with "black box" Science (as in they never explain the near magic that goes on due to their experiments), but the fact is they TRY explaining it, feigning intelligence and teaching impressionable kids things they'd actually believe. There goes whatever biology class they may have been taking. As well.... I understand the point of a catchphrase, it's a mainstay of these shows for a laugh or two... but good god how many times can you hear "didn't see that coming" and think to yourself, how are his sisters geniuses at all? Common sense is a large part of the scientific process, or did the writers forget that in lieu of "plot"? The biggest annoyance though... is that for all the continuity they TRY to enforce, and all of the writing they TRY to make cohesive, their animation is so bad. I mean, if this were some high schooler's project with flash and after effects, sure I could see it. We all start somewhere, but how many times are they going to just resize a hand to substitute movement of the fingers? Or animate snow with a badly done flash particle? This is a perfect example of why technology is ruining entertainment, and that people are slowly accepting less and less as writing. I await being an old man watching his grandchildren laugh at grunting 3D Cubes for 2 minutes, because a whole 12 minute episode can't keep their attention long enough.

Jroy Harber

Johnny Test Was Cancelled Due To Offending And Beating Up Sissy Blakely And His Other Enemies

Trash

Its not funny johnny test is unfunny immature foolish

This show is dead now

It used to be fairly entertaining in season one, with better animation and characterization, with good humor. After that, it was replaced with more fart jokes, horrific Flash animation that makes Newgrounds cartoons look beautiful, awful characters (the only good one now is Sissy), and mass flanderization, and as of season 2, Johnny is little more than the preteen version of Caillou (personality-wise), being a total brat with an annoying voice (sadly, his voice was always annoying), Susan and Mary now only spend their time perving on Gil, Dukey is unoriginal, Johnny's Dad is the worst parent in the world, and the plots are ripped out of shows like Dexter's Lab and The Fairly OddParents. It should've been cancelled after the first season.