All member reviews for King of the Hill

Wickedly funny at times, but not for all tastes.

Kid, 12 years old Written byflyingryan1 April 9, 2008

i laughed

This show is good, but there is a lot of cussing and sexual references. but me and my 9 year old brother watch it and my parents know so its ok for kids!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 20, 2011

good cartoon so far, but every episode they drink outside and chat

and some characters are in peril in some episodes, but mild language included

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoe_P_Fischer April 28, 2011

On for 11 and up, off for younger.

The show was made by Mike Judge, the genius behind Beavis and Butt-head. But does it come close to anywhere as dirty? Think again. The show has mild language and some sexual things in it, but it's also very well nice as some of the messages are positive and the main characters do show respect for each other.

Kid, 8 years old January 21, 2011

best show ever!!!!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old Written bySamuel M. November 17, 2012

KING OF THE HILL: Adult Swim's family cartoon

KING OF THE HILL has the raunchy, the risque, the potty mouth, and the drug use to make for a common Adult Swim title--but it feels strange saying that it's arguably its most appropriate show. Instead of the profanity, violence, or sexuality levels of fellow shows like BLACK DYNAMITE or ATHF, KING OF THE HILL focuses more on the messages of family dysfunction, reliability, help, leadership, etc. And no matter how many times we see characters breathe smoke or ingest alcohol, KOTH is a rather family-fitting Adult Swim show. It seems almost like a Nickelodeon cartoon for the channel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune February 28, 2011

King of the Good Shows

I'm not so sure that this show should've gotten what it deserved, saying that this is "iffy" for ages 13 and up. I honestly thought that when the first time I saw it, it really didn't have such and impact. It focuses more on the story than profanity, and this is probably the reason this is the first show aired on Adult Swim at night. It's weak in feeling. Although the characters are interesting and they don't focus so much on jokes as they focus on what is really important. You can be funny, but if you don't have a story, you can kiss your Academy award good-bye.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 23, 2011

Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

good good

an ok show not one of my favorite adult shows like south park futerama american dad and childrens hospital but fine bad words sexual content beer good show jolly good show lol

Parent Written bydragonofthesouth January 16, 2013

A good show, but NOT for very young kids.

It's a very good show! But does consist of violence and threats such as "I'm gonna kick you a-".
The characters all drink beer, and one actually smokes and drinks at the same time. It takes place in Arlen, Texas and has a great storyline. But it's sad to see that this went off the air just to replace that stupid, unfunny "Cleveland show"

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byLuisionPinchLopans February 2, 2014

I think it's for 11 year olds and adults too

This show is a very good show it has very good messages at times but sometimes it can have swearing. But it is a good message to kids and adults sure there is drinking beers and other bad things. I think that kids could learn to make friends and have good times even when there could be trouble.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymopheadz2000 September 12, 2013

Great Show with Positive Lessons

King of the Hill is a great and funny show with good life lessons and positive messages. There are a few mild sex references and some mild language. Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer always drink, but never get drunk.

Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

Mediocre for a FOX series. I've remembered it. Just look out for the sex, drugs, and language.

NOT for kids under 8. Like Regular Show, watch out for the language, sex, and drugs. However, in Regular Show, violence is present.

Teen, 16 years old Written byzombieslaya108 August 13, 2013

Not to vulgar

It's more like the same content as The Simpsons but not all characters have good role models, Peggy and Kahn could be the worst role model in the whole series.

Violence:

Some episodes have fist fighting but nothing graphic. PG

There is one episode when a girl killed herself in the dumpster, no blood or gore, but its pretty disturbing. R

And another violent episode, but not as violent or disturbing as high anxiety, when Hank accidentally chopped-off Dale's finger, little bloody but no gore, this one is played for Laughs. PG-13

Sex/Nudity:
Some mild to moderate sexual references and partial nudity.

In one episode, Hank had a dream when he and Nancy are grilling burgers nude. Nothing Graphic. Also later in the episode, Hank and Peggy are at the nude beech grilling burgers and THIS TIME IT'S NOT A DREAM. Nothing graphic is shown. PG-13

Profanity:

Profanity is used throughout.
Words such as h--l, d--n, a--, c--p, w--re, b--ch, b----rd, sl-t, and G-----mn. PG-13.

There is no Strong Language.

Alcohol/Drug use/Smoking:

Almost every episode, Hank, Dale, Boomhauer, and Bill drink beer outside. PG

In one episode, Hank accidentally smoked marijuana and throws up. PG-13

Suggested MPAA rating: PG-13 for Language Including Sexual references, Partial Nudity, Some Violence Including A Scene Of Suicide, Drinking and Drug Use.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 4, 2013

Best Adult cartoon!

King of the Hill is a really good show and it's very funny. I watch everyday on Adult Swiim and I suggest you watch it.

Parent Written bygorillazss August 3, 2013

king of the hill is a good show but my moms bro hates it but it is so cool i think it is funny i also think khan he is not a trooper but funny i also think it is sexy and iffy

i think koth is good but dale gribble nude sexy crappy but good heart smoker though i love it also watch out parents koth may look good but not so much like you think it is cool but ciggarettes dale beer language

Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2013

?

Its funny but its kid of bad for some 8 year old kids.It matters how mature you are.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

Alright but not that good.

Kid, 12 years old Written byBakedPotato May 27, 2013

Great TV show from Mike Judge

King of the Hill is a very funny comedy from Mike Judge. Although some plots involve inappropriate elements, it depends on if you can discriminate between good and bad things. It really depends on maturity.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHaxis27 April 5, 2013

Good realistic show with a moral

This is a great show has moral in it has realism not that spongbob crap Iv always hated I'm from Texas Hank is a good law butting citizen I think each charector has somthing that we have in them Hank the urge to do what's right Dale a fear of Government Bill a hunger and wanting food Boobhower Somtines we can't understand eachother there may be some times they drink a beer or smoke but like I said realism if a kid sees it in public what makes it so different at the house they see it they should know what it is or els they will never learn from this show I have learned to be honest and Hank is like my dad my dad likes this show I like my mom likes it so I say let's go to MovieStop and buy a few sesosn

Teen, 13 years old Written byPrensha March 28, 2013

pretty good show

good morales.... good show... but it is mature comedy, most kids would not think its funny