All member reviews for Liv and Maddie

Jovial family sitcom is simplistic but still entertains.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

great show

this is a great and funny show that i think is ok for kids to watch it

Adult Written byTinyToya August 12, 2013

A Beacon of Hope for Disney Channel?

I've now see a few episodes and am still pleased. Liv and Maddie are twin sisters with one being a pop star and the other being a brainy normal girl. (This part of the show is unrealistic to me. Yes, there are celebrities who have brothers and sisters that are unknown to the public. However, these girls are supposed to be twins and they are going to school together. In this day and age that would cause a frenzy).
More to the point, Dove Cameron plays both characters and I find her roles to be quite well done. She embodies Liv and Maddie distinctly and without flaw. One might actually believe there were two actresses playing the roles. This brings to mind a question: Why didn't Disney just hire twins? Like they did with Dylan and Cole Sprouse? Yes, Dove Cameron is a great actress but the show is not exactly the same when the two characters never interact directly. The camera angle has to change and there is digital work involved. But some people may enjoy that and like Dove even more. The show itself is pretty funny. I wish the parents weren't so zany but one can live with it. Importantly, I think this show might prove to be a saving grace to the current state of Disney channel.

Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Watch on the Disney channel app

I really like this show! You can watch it before September 15th on the Disney channel app! I was wanting to watch this for a long time! It's very funny but one party there is kissing and yeah I really enjoyed it!

Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2013

Not appropriate for kids 7-9

Im a very mature 11 year old and I think this show isn't very appropriate for example in the first episode both the kids Liv and the older brother i think both hide from their parents in the school hallway and the parents say "do you think we've embarrassed them enough?""not quite" so then they start kissing, thats disgusting.Plus bad acting and not really realistic. I'm always excited for new disney shows but this one is just so disappointing.

Parent Written bysaltylady October 29, 2013

more stereotypes and ditzy girl stuff

Why am I not surprised that Disney (or is it Nick? who knows) made yet another show that glorifies ditzy teen girl behavior and teaches kids that being anything other than pretty and popular is bad news. The show is about twin girls, one is an actress, wears makeup and girly clothes, and the other is a more normal teen girl who actually cares about school, wears glasses, plays basketball. Your daughter is supposed to like the second one, but you know she's going to think the actress is the cool one. The normal twin has a best friend who is less attractive and slightly heavy. A heavy set minority best friend is part of all these shows. Every third joke is about how this best friend isn't properly feminine, and how she has a crush on the twins' brother, who of course will never like her because she's not cute. What a disgusting message for little girls. The only good thing I can say is at least they have parents and don't live in some teen band boarding school.

Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2013

Love It!

Liv and Maddie is now one of my favorite shows! It's inspired me so much. They are great role models and give good messages. Definitely good for kids and teens of all ages. It's great, 2 thumbs up.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypuppylover12 November 27, 2013

Brainless

Like all of the new shows, it makes it seem like acting stupid is cute, that you can get guys by wearing short dress, etc. I would defiantly not let your kid watch this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

ehhhh

This is okay, I guess. I don't it regularly. I like it because it promotes girls basketball (yes, I'm a basketball player/fan). Liv is REALLY annoying though.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymalikthewisdomteen1 December 15, 2013

Good Show

I LOVE LIV AND MADDIE!!! I think it's a pretty cool show. And for a person that don't like disney channel to much, this show is pretty good. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byjamester989 December 30, 2013

DOG WITH A BLOG IS THE ONLY WORST SHOW!!!!!!

this is just another failed attempt to kill disney's viewers. THOSE DISNEY MONEY GRUBBING MONSTERS!!!! THEY WOULD SELL THERE OWN MOTHERS FOR A QUICK BUCK!!!! they were too lazy to hire real twins so they use the same actor.. as i see it .... A ZACK AND CODY RIP OFF BUT WITH GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I should have reviewed this months ago

I saw the first episode on August 11, and fell in love with this show. It's adorable. The only reason I didn't rate this 5/5 is because of the Christmas episode. It had a good plot but I didn't like the subplot where Joey got peed on by a bunch of kids. I decided to review this now because hey, better late than never. Also, today is when Cloud 9 airs and I want to see it. Also, I'm proud of Disney lately. They aired The Rescuers on Disney Jr. November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. Today they aired Lilo & Stitch. I forgot how much I like Lilo & Stitch. I should have reviewed it December 26, 2012 when I reviewed my other favorites.

I'm not sure WHY this show got only 3/5 when The Haunted Hathaways got 4/5 (it deserves 0 in my opinion.) My favorite character is Liv because she's adorable. But I also like Maddie. Over all, I give this show an 8.75. I also gave Gordy a 7.75 but then changed it to 10 because I saw how bad The Haunted Hathaways was.

UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 9: Yesterday they reaired The Fox and the Hound and tonight they're reairing The Rescuers. So for that I'm changing the rating to 5/5.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKidReviews April 7, 2014

Meh...

This show isn't bad. Kinda boring sometimes. It's a Zach and Cody ripoff though. But, it would get a lot better reviews if it didn't come right after Good Luck Charlie, and everyone had too high of hopes for it.

Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2014

Its kind of iffy

first of all, they hired horrible actors that cannot act at all especially the parents. also, liv is kind of a bad role modle because all she does is girly-girly stuff and the jokes are not that good. also, they have like super bad camera work and liv and maddie is played by one person and you can totally tell that on tv

Kid, 9 years old February 9, 2014

hold on a sec

really amaze show. family explains to liv popularity does NOT matter.

Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 January 5, 2014

Bad Role Models

There's nothing inappropriate in it, but the role models are disappointing and typical: a Hollywood star who encourages her twin sister to dress up more and flirt more, and two immature brothers, one who flirts a lot but will not consider dating a girl who has a huge crush on him because she's slightly husky, and another who plays pranks on everyone. I was disappointed in the characters. Not to mention it's a total rip-off of Zack and Cody, except Sack and Cody was good... I mean Maddie: Smart who dresses casual just like Maddie from Zack and Cody (same name?) and Liv: London, very fancy/famous, and Joey: Cody (geek) and Parker: Zack (troublemaker.) It's like London and Maddie are the twins and Zack and Cody the younger brothers.